Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started my pre-op diet Wednesday, and have lost 9 lbs in the first 2 days. Is this normal? I am just over 300 lbs and have never lost weight this quick b4. I am not having any probs and don't think this is too awful hard so far. I feel good and hope that this continues. I am thinking this is mostly Water weight, I guess. My wedding ring is already starting to slide off. I just want to know if this is the norm or am I not eating enough?

Karen

I would definitely say that quite a lot of it has to be Water weight. Keep drinking plenty of water . . . and the losses will continue :0)

I lost 16 pounds the first week. Insane. If I had known that a liquid diet would do that, I would have done it sooner! LOL Just enjoy it. It's normal. It is probably a lot of Water weight, but pretty soon, you'll see some differences that can't be just water. Good luck with your surgery!

I agree with the Water weight. Also, it seems the heavier we are, the quicker we lose in the first couple weeks. At least I do... I was on a diet (healthy, not bad) where I lost 15 pounds in the first week. After that I leveled off, but that was an eye-opener. However, with diet and exercise, I was losing approximately 10 pounds a month after that.

Wow that is truly AWESOME!

I was a bit worried to, because I've lost 10 lbs since Monday. However, my surgeon called me this morning and I told him I'd lost that much so quick - his reply was "good, that makes things easier for me."

So, keep up the good work!!

:wink_smile:Hi there! I lost 15lbs in 7 days after banded, now 5 weeks after only total of 17lbs. This is so slow and yet I eat very little. I probably could eat more but I stop myself. My first fill will be this Thursday on the 9th I'm hoping it will be the start of my new beginning. I feel some sort of fullness, but not till after I stop eating and standup. I'm so happy to be banded and looking forward to making it work. I do very little excersize and will start doing more starting this week. Congratulations on the 9 lbs. For every different person it's different. I did not have to lose any weight pre surgery. Just maintain the orientation weight. Which I did. Doing fine. The thing I have the hardest time is with the no liquids before, during, and after meals. I am really struggling with this. I do still take sips of Water inbetween. I will keep in touch after my fill. Aloha

Thank you all so much. I needed to know that i wasn't screwing up already. I am being banded Wednesday and can't beleive it is so close. I love to hear stories from those who are already banded. Its like seeing into our unknown future. Thank you all. By the way I am down 11 lbs now in 3 days, but no longer worried just happy. I put on my regular jeans this morning and they were way too loose, that was straight out of the dryer. I have another pair that are the same size but much smaller. I have to lay down to zip them, and they fit perfect. I couldn't beleive this after 3 days. Good luck to everyone.

Karen