Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Introduce Ourselves

Thank you. I am doing excellent. The only real restrictions that I have is to avoid lifting greater than 10lbs and no stooping or bending. He said, that if I felt like it, I could return to work today. I am still sore across the top of abdomen other than that I am fine. I will drive for the first time today.

It is amazing that I am not hungry. I cannot believe how this feels.

Edited by Wesley'sgurl29
left out words and puncuation

Hi all...

My name is Jennifer and I live in Western Massachusetts. I'm a fulltime nursing student, and waitress, and apart time personal care attendent for a little boy with autism. With all my running around I should be stick thin...lol

I have basically been big since the age of 7. After my brother was killed in a car accident Sept. 2007 , things kinda spiraled from there. I finally decided that the lap band was for me in june and I have never looked back.

My surgery is this friday November 14.....

Good luck to all!!!!!:laugh:

Hi all...

My name is Jennifer and I live in Western Massachusetts. I'm a fulltime nursing student, and waitress, and apart time personal care attendent for a little boy with autism. With all my running around I should be stick thin...lol

I have basically been big since the age of 7. After my brother was killed in a car accident Sept. 2007 , things kinda spiraled from there. I finally decided that the lap band was for me in june and I have never looked back.

My surgery is this friday November 14.....

Good luck to all!!!!!:laugh:

Good luck to you! Keep us posted as to how you're doing!

Hi I am Julie, I guess I am the oldest of the bunch I am 50 years old, I have 2 wonderful daughters, Kim who is 26 with a beautiful 3 year old Jazmine and Crystal has 2 beautiful children Aiden is 3 and Kynidi just turned 1. They are the light of my life. My husband and I have been married for 14 years and been together 17. We met and got married in hawaii, we were both in the navy and stationed there for 12 years. I retired in 1999 but I am still working and my husband retired last year and he is working for the Sheriffs department. I never really struggled with weight until about 10 ears ago, after I retired I quit smoking and starting gaining weight and it just kept going up. I am decided to do this so I can play with my grandchildren like I did my own girls. I am tired of having to go to the extra large section in the store only to find ugly clothes. I want to look great for myself, and my family. This is going to be one amazing journey. I thank each of you for supporting everyone.

Hi Julie, I am Gerry and I have 3 children, the oldest is the same age as you!!. I have 12 grandchildren and a great grand on the way in the spring. You are just a youngster :lol:. We are all going to get so healthy it won't be funny. I am so excited about my surgery on 11/21. I love the names of your kids and grands. I know we will have lots of support from this board. I have been reading for some time and just recently started posting. WE WILL DO IT!!! :thumbup:

God bless.

Hi Everybody:

My name is Heather. I currently live in Israel and am 36. I was born and raised in Washington State. Also lived for a time in Vegas. I have been married to a wonderfully supportive man for the last 12 years. We have two boys, 10 & 9.

I am being banded on the 24th. I have pre-op on the 16th. I started the liquid diet a few days ago....yuk!! My hospital is about 3 1/2 hours away, so I will be spending the night before surgery and will go home the day after, because of the drive. I have been heavy practically since birth! I spoke to my PCP here and she and I made the decision together. There are no insurance requirements here. Everything is free. I am just getting nervous for the surgery to be over. I have never been under general before so scared about that and recovery pain. I have had two c-sections and breezed through those.....so I am hoping that this will be just as easy.

Good luck to Everyone!!!

Hi Everybody:

My name is Heather. I currently live in Israel and am 36. I was born and raised in Washington State. Also lived for a time in Vegas. I have been married to a wonderfully supportive man for the last 12 years. We have two boys, 10 & 9.

I am being banded on the 24th. I have pre-op on the 16th. I started the liquid diet a few days ago....yuk!! My hospital is about 3 1/2 hours away, so I will be spending the night before surgery and will go home the day after, because of the drive. I have been heavy practically since birth! I spoke to my PCP here and she and I made the decision together. There are no insurance requirements here. Everything is free. I am just getting nervous for the surgery to be over. I have never been under general before so scared about that and recovery pain. I have had two c-sections and breezed through those.....so I am hoping that this will be just as easy.

Good luck to Everyone!!!

Welcome Heather, Great Name:thumbup: good for you that everything is free. If you had to C sections you shoudl be great... Good Luck :D

Thanks. It is always nice to know that there are people out there that knows exactly what you feel. Yes, everything is free. Even the transportation back and forth to the hospital. Nice!!! Both c-sections were so easy for me I went home the day after both! I will pray for all of your up and coming bandings. Good luck and best wishes!

I wish it was the 24th! :D lol preop diet is hard and I'm hungry lol

Me, three! I did all my pre-op testing today and met a woman who's having the band the same day as me (Monday) and the same surgeon. We had a nutrition class together and all the other lucky ducks in the class have less strict surgeons and get to have Protein Shakes whereas we are on Clear Liquids. I'm staying strong but man, is it hard!

Hi my name is Christina I am 36 years old. I have 3 children 13,5 & 2. I was banded on 11/10. I am still healing. Today I feel really good and am going to try to get out of my house a little.

I have been struggling with my weight since my 20's. I am 36 and ready to eenjoy my kids.

I was surprised at how easy the pre-op diet is. I have 2 shakes, tea, Water, chicken broth, SF Jello, tuna, then I am able to eat a small salad and a Protein. Since starting 4 days ago, I have lost 7 pounds! I am sure it is water. I drink a ton and am in the bathroom round the clock!