Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So sick of protein drinks I could hurl!!!

Ever since I got my band about 6 weeks ago I have really not been able to eat meat or really eat much of anything. Which is great! Just what I wanted. So I have been supplementing my diet with Boost & Ensure for Protein and vitatmins.

But now I am SO SICK of them!!! I know that I need them but my last sip nearly made me sick! I can't beleive that these actually taste good to me! Ick!

It's fairly normal to have problems with meats at first right? I hope my body adjusts better or else I will be having to slug down nasty shakes forever!!

Any good tasting ones out there??

Hamu, how do you do with Beans? They are a high-protien food. It's true, you need protien, but you don't have to eat meat all the time to get it. Lemme do a search really quick...back in a flash...

check out this site

http://www.highproteinfoods.net/

I got this from a Sticky in the food forum, there is a thread started by Leatha, check it out, too.

Good luck! Hope that helps.

what exactly do you mean by "trouble with meat?" are you using moist meat? or if they aren't particularly moist, are you using a good "lube?" Some of us cannot tolorate meat unless we use a good dipping sauce.

How are you with tuna? a little mayo or my fav, miricle whip and no problems.

You might find you have trouble with one type of meat, but can tolarate another cut of the same critter.

Tofu is a good source of protien, as are nuts. Some people can do eggs, others cannot, or can if they are prepaired one way but not another.

Please let us know exactly the difficulty and that way we can offer more specific advice.

cheers

Wow, you guys gave me the greateat ideas!!! I defintely try some Beans. Also, I'll start dipping my beef, pork, and chicken in Heinz 57 sauce. I love that stuff. I love this board bc you guys always help me out so much!!! Thank you!!

After 6 weeks, YOU NEED TO EAT HARD Proteins. There really is no reason to rely on Protein Shakes. You can get in the Proteins with Beans, meats, fish, milk, many many things. The object of the band is for you to eat 'hard' proteins, not rely on soft foods which slip through your band and are way more calorie dense than real proteins. You can cook all sorts of things in your slow cooker, chicken breasts are great for Protein. I eat lots of chili. Subsidizing with Protein shakes is one thing, if you are unable to get in all your protein for a day, but there really is no need to rely on them if you are choosing good hard proteins, veggies and drinking all your Water.

If you just have to have protein drinks, try something new. Lean Body shakes are good, Atkins shakes are good, Isopure has some drinks that are really high in protein. Variety is the spice of life! Go for it!

Try blending soup...I really liked healthy choice beef stew and blend it...it looks gross, but taste really good! And it has high Protein.< /p>