Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Realize band on 3/17...have lost 61-65 pounds depending on whose scale I use. I still have 100 to go but so far have had no complications at all.:tongue:

Wowzers! Now this is the type of good news I like to here. I just go approved last week and my surgery date is Nov. 19th. I've been excited but nervous b/c I read so many posts of people being frustrated for not being able to lose and complications... I know that when things are going well people tend not to write on boards ... that is true of everything not just lap band. So it does my heart and soul good to hear some boring old good news!

Hi Penny,

Congratulations, I was banded in April and have lost 47 lbs. You are doing great. How many fills have you had? Do you feel like you are at the "sweet spot"? Isn't it wonderful to get on the scale and see it move down? I love it! Best wishes.

Sally

thanks for that positive post...I know there are frustrations and down times, but it really does give everyone hope to see info from those that are doing really well. Penny can you share some experiences and foods you eat?

I've had 2 fills, the first 3 cc in June and 1 cc in August. I think I may need another 1-2 cc but it's pretty close to right. I think I can still eat too much "because it's there" but I'm trying to retrain myself that I can save it for later. I am the "go box" queen. Portion sizes are really wayyy too big but u don't feel like u are wasting money if u can eat it 2-3 times.

chicken is the number one food on my list...grilled, baked or fajitas. I have also found the wraps with 90 calories and 8 grams of Protein. I don't eat much bread and am usually giving pieces of the wrap to my dogs. As far as a sandwich or burger at least 1 bun's worth will be picked off. Some veggies but I spend most of my food allowance trying to get in the 60 grams of protein. Some junk but just in a smaller portion, the 100 calorie bags are my friend. Fried stuff makes me feel bad, usually diarrhea. I eat yogurt or cottage cheese for breakfast...not a Breakfast person at all, really don't want to eat in the mornings much, but u have to. I use the WW or LC meals as backup in case there is nothing I want to fix or there is nothing at work that will work. I try to shut down the food by 6 pm and make myself some Decaf if I'm feeling deprived or try to get the rest of the day's Fluid in. I try to keep a running calorie count in my head and try to put the brakes on at 1200-1500 calories. Hope this helps....the weight loss is slowing down and it looks like I must make friends with exercise. Surprise....it doesn't hurt as much as it used to and I'm trying to go the gym 2-3 times a week. My exercise is simple at present, 20 minutes on the treadmill and 9 of the machines, 40 reps at whatever weight for that exercise.

Hello,

your doing great, i was banded 3-28-08 and have only lost 35lbs-how did you do it? I'm at a stand still and a little frustrated to say the least!

I do have very frustrating periods of standstill or will bounce up 3-5 pounds. If I think back I can usually trace this to too much salt or just Fluid variations, I will retain fluid. I am fixated on the scale but keep a daily notebook with my weight so I can compare last week, last month, etc. I do measurements about every 6 weeks. I have found a little jolt for the standstill, maybe a way to trick your metabolism... it seems that however much u cut your food your body adjusts to hold on to it. So.... I will try to hold the 1200-1500 calories but will sometimes go on up to 2000 or over, then cut it back down to 800 then get back to the 1200 to 1500. Usually within a week I find I've dropped a few pounds. I am tall for a woman so this may be way too many calories for some and not enough for men or other large women. Trying to find what works...I just wish I could have done this sooner. I feel so much better already.