Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

i'll have to run out and get Mucinex cause the stuff my dh bought last night isnt helping :sad_smile:

Im glad decemember is my new date i actually went to the surgeon in late sept and them bam had a date of 10/8 we werent very prepared for it

I was actually at the office in 2005, however after many battles with my insurance at the time my policy had an exclusion we just couldnt win :D

But things turn out for a reason, im looking forward to a new year and better things to come..

Welcome FStop! Congratulations on receiving your date!

Goose - hope the cold is doing better. They are so annoying.

Hope everyone else is okay. I've been out of town for a couple of days and have a lot to catch up on.

Hi, I have a date of December 4th! Seems so long away but its almost been a week since I actually got the date so time is a moving along!

Nina:thumbup:

Hi, I have a date of December 4th! Seems so long away but its almost been a week since I actually got the date so time is a moving along!

Nina:thumbup:

Nina - you and I are TWINNERS! My date is Dec 4th too! I know it seems far away now, but I've had that date for over 2 weeks and I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Good luck!! :biggrin::thumbup:

I hope everyone is doing okay and not getting too impatient (or nervous) as our date with surgery approaches. Nina - I believe we only have 45 days to go! (yes, I'm down to counting the days...) I have not received the diet plan/liquid diet instructions/etc., yet, but had a call from the surgeon's office last week and they were putting all that paperwork in the mail for me. My surgeon is about 80 miles away, but we keep the mail and the phone lines active. My appointment for the pre-op lab work is the day before Thanksgiving, so I am not sure what my TG meal will be this year. My surgeon told me in our first consultation I would probably have just a week of pre-op liquid diet. Maybe I can squeak by TG with some turkey and green Beans... and that's okay by me.

Anybody for "Holiday Hotties?" I would not mind trying to add a name to my signature block. I think Goosefraba had a good idea, seeing as how that name is more gender neutral - "guys can be hotties, too!"

Everybody have a good day...

Hey Joann,

Wow, 45 days. That sounds so much better than 6 1/2 weeks. :biggrin: I am thinking I need to put a big calendar on the wall and cross off the days! I like the name Holiday Hotties. I think that would fit and definately for both genders. I read so many different threads so not sure if I posted this here or not, don't see it so here goes.

I start my liquid diet on Nov 20 and can eat one "sensible" meal a day. I just have finally gotten a complete understanding of the liver shrinking thing and it appears from what I have read that carbs are the enemy (hehehehe).

I have to do the lab work this week, blood work and echocardiogram (don't know how to spell that). Plus even though my dr does not require a psych consult, I am going to go talk to someone this week just for me.

I am cutting back on the soda, I only allow one a day then I will go to a half and then none. Also I cust my coffee to half Decaf and half regular starting today. Then I will switch over to decaf completely within the next two weeks.

So many changes but I am so excited.

Nina

Nina, I think it's a good idea to talk to the psychologist. The one I've been working with wanted to have 3 more meetings with me. He feels everyone going through WLS can use the help in understanding the commitment it takes, as well as tips on how to handle emotional and stress eating. I am glad to be seeing him.

Funny - 45 days does sound better than 6 1/2 weeks, doesn't it? I think the big calendar is a great idea - marked off with a big red crayon! I'm down to just an occasional soda - I started to give up that habit several years ago, so I don't see that as a problem. I have been practicing the small bites and chew, chew, chew. That's harder than I thought it would be. All of a sudden DH seems to eat faster than ever - I've always been slower than him. Now he is finished almost before I start! I'll have to retrain him I guess. As far as carbs are concerned, I LOVE THEM! But they have been my enemy for a long time and I will just have to turn my back on them. Fortunately, I love Protein and green and leafy vegies, too. I think I can do this.

I'm afraid my issue is going to be exercise... I now have a recumbant bike here at home and will have to get it in gear. We also belong to a gym with a pool, so I'll have a few options, esp as I lose and my knee starts to feel better. It is a matter of DOING it!

Good luck - time is flying by!

Hi to all December Bandsters!

Glad to meet you all, I just had an official change of date to...December 10th! Looking forward to it, have been on this journey for just a year... I believe making this change right at the end of the year is a great way to end 2008 and ready to move on to a healthier & better body in 2009! I have Kaiser, and am going thru SSF in Northern California.

Looking forward to getting to know you all, JoannMarie (patience of a saint!) Carol, Kathy, Tas, Goose, Fstop and Nina. Hopefully more will be joining us, but I wonder if Dec is not a first choice month as around the holidays? Are we brave and/or moving on with our time as now?

I looked up the word Degree and would like to suggest December Degrees, degree = a step, i.e. of a threshold or stair, a standing or stage in a career or position. Or is it to boring? Just liked the December month and how we are taking a major step this month!

So am just trying it out...Have a healthy day of good choices! :wink_smile:

I got a call from The Dr's Office Yesterday and My Surgery has been set for December 5th. I started my Journey In January so I am glad to finally have a date. I think the hardest part right now is the waiting.. I guess we can all be on the countdown together.

I looked up the word Degree and would like to suggest December Degrees, degree = a step, i.e. of a threshold or stair, a standing or stage in a career or position. Or is it to boring? Just liked the December month and how we are taking a major step this month!

So am just trying it out...Have a healthy day of good choices! ;)

good one too..hey we're date twins! :)

Hi Goose! Say, wanna be band buddies...although on opposites sides of the country, we can compare notes! I am actually from New York, Long Island, and we visited Jersey alot when I was little. 'Little' so long ago,,,but soon to be again!

I am excited for December, are you going thru a nesting stage like me? Just want everything to look nice (i.e. if any visitors when recuping).

I am also so glad to be doing this when it is cooler, so I won't 'sweat' the recovery, literally! Nice to meet you, and all our December family of bandsters!

My Pre-op is Nov. 25th (just before Thanksgiving to keep me in line, hehe).

So name suggestions are....

Winter Wonders

Holiday Belles (if no guys)

December Stars

Holiday Hotties

December Degrees

Dec. Degrees into Holiday Hotties (hehehe - I know too long);)

Thanks to our leader Joann Marie for starting us off!

P.S. I go to chat several nites a week, usually bout 9:00 PST, but can go earlier.

Hi to All,

"Patience of a saint??" Rosey, you are a sweetie! I am just limpin' along here like everybody else! It's coming down to the wire, my December friends! Nina and I have 41 days (actually 40 'cause this day will be over soon)! I am receiving lab testing information from the hospital, calls scheduling the last consultation with the surgeon from their office, calls from the coordinator, etc., etc. It seems things are really rolling along now, and it's coming up fast. I don't know whether to be excited or scared. I think I will choose excited. I hope everybody else does, too - because it is what you CHOOSE to feel that will determine how well you do.

I think I have to go along with Goose and pick Holiday Hotties as my favorite of the names suggested. I figure I don't have to explain to anyone what a "Hottie" is - and next holiday season we will all be SHOWING everyone what a "hottie" is!

Welcome to December, everyone. All of us will be banded people in just a few short weeks!