Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

I posted my first message on 11/26, the day before I was to start my liquid diet. That felt like the first day getting banded was finally going to happen. Then I got a call that afternoon saying my hospital was doing away with their bariatric program, but they'd try to get me into another program. Talk about disappointed. My surgery was scheduled for 12/11. I started my liquids anyway and just found out this afternoon that a doctor with another program has agreed to do my surgery on 12/12. Whew! I meet him on Monday, but everything looks like it's a go ahead. So, I'm back and posting!

Welcome back Veronica! So glad you are joining us again...I am set for the 10th, but check the other threads...a few have started already and are doing well! Good for you, not giving up and staying the course...as we learn to work with this tool, we'll be a jumpin this hurdle altogether!!! Have a good healthy pre-op day!

Hi Stewy929 and JoanMarie hours till our big day. Mine is at 8:30 first surgery of the day. I'm excited and want to get it over but scared at the same time. I'm just try to keep telling myself my life will be so much better for going through it. Don't plan on staying overnight if all goes well. All prayers are welcome!!

Good luck to all the early december bandsters!!!

I actually feel great today. I walked a ton and went shopping with my mom. I got tired but I think that's because I've really ingested very few calories and almost no Protein on this clear liquid diet. I'm up to full liquids as of this evening and ate oatmeal with no issues. Walking definitely helps tremendously. I ate my chewable Multivitamins, am weaning myself off the pain meds, and feel actually pretty normal. I can't feel the port and I dont feel weird when eating/drinking. I also have no hunger, though I'm told that doesn't last. I'm down 15 pounds from when I started the pre-op diet. I had a pretty busy day shopping and talking on the phone with friends and family and am A okay.

Thanks for all the support!

Good luck to FL Pete, JoanneMarrie, Stewey, and everyone else being banded this week! You'll do great!:cursing:

Edited by trina4ufl

Awesome Trina :cursing: You're an inspiration. Really needed to hear that :thumbup: My surgery is Dec 11th. Today (day 3) is the first day that the hunger pains aren't making me cry and I feel a little better. Hoping it continues to get easier!

Good luck to everyone :wub:

Welcome back Veronica! So glad you are joining us again...I am set for the 10th, but check the other threads...a few have started already and are doing well! Good for you, not giving up and staying the course...as we learn to work with this tool, we'll be a jumpin this hurdle altogether!!! Have a good healthy pre-op day!

Thanks Rosey! I'm so excited and I'm so ready to do this. I can't believe my time is almost here. It's reassuring to read posts from people that have just had the surgery. I'm not worried about the surgery itself, just the bouncing back and adjusting that will come along with it.

Once I've lost 20-30 lbs. maybe I'll be brave and start posting pics. lol

Hi Veronica... maybe our name should be...

2shy4pics! I am right with you on that, want to have something to show, (like some room in the ole pants, lol) for all this hard work.... also with you on the after...have been doing the heart/head work for over a year now... I just remember it is our tummy not our brain being banded! Have a great pre-op day!:tongue2:

My date has just been confirmed today - 30th December in Howick, South Africa. Quiet NYE, but I cannot think of a better way to see the New Year in.

2009 is going to be MINE is my new daily motivation.

Anybody else that day?

Hi Veronica... maybe our name should be...

2shy4pics! I am right with you on that, want to have something to show, (like some room in the ole pants, lol) for all this hard work.... also with you on the after...have been doing the heart/head work for over a year now... I just remember it is our tummy not our brain being banded! Have a great pre-op day!:tongue2:

The head work is important. I've lost the weight (as most of us probably have) in part or whole several times before. This time I feel more prepared. (I'll get the Tummy Tuck this time, too!)

I'm looking forward to the extra help the band should provide in getting it off and keeping it off.

So, does anybody have ideas for filling up the time they used to spend eating? Any "go to" ideas for when they're stressed or bored and won't be able to reach for the bag of chips anymore?

I bought an Wii and lots of games as a family gift for Christmas. I'm thinking that will be a good distraction, but am looking for more ideas.

I just got the Wii last week. Can't get my hands on the Wii fit yet. But I have all the accessories for it and the Dance Revolution!!!

My partner has MS and doesn't get out much so we will be enjoying and using the Wii alot.

I just got the Wii last week. Can't get my hands on the Wii fit yet. But I have all the accessories for it and the Dance Revolution!!!

My partner has MS and doesn't get out much so we will be enjoying and using the Wii alot.

That sounds like a good idea. I hope when I do get healthy, I'll get out a lot more and enjoy it and not take it for granted.

I didn't get the Wii Fit yet either. Dance Revolution... I bet that's fun. I've seen it and thought about it, but haven't bought it. Maybe I will.

Anyone have the Wii Fit? If so, what do you think about it?

T

So, does anybody have ideas for filling up the time they used to spend eating? Any "go to" ideas for when they're stressed or bored and won't be able to reach for the bag of chips anymore?

I bought an Wii and lots of games as a family gift for Christmas. I'm thinking that will be a good distraction, but am looking for more ideas.

Veronica,

Walk while listening to tapes or your IPod. Read- anything- romance , mystery, detective novels. Is there anything you like to do?? Like sewing, knitting or crocheting, wood working, or crafts? Try craftstylish.com -it has loads of options and links to others if you like these types of things. Beliefnet.com is a non/multi denominational site with some puzzles (definitely PG) Try something you haven't tried but always wanted to- some day. If your hands are busy you won't be able to eat. :tongue2: Don't dismiss the concept. At the WLS support group I was told to be careful as it was easy to start another obsession/addiction once you have the surgery and don't spend all that time eating. I'm into puzzles, exercise at the gym, sewing, a sewing club, and reading detective novels (figured it helps to have more than one) Many local fabric stores, yarn shops, and book stores have 'clubs' at no/ little cost and you go 1-2 x/month to listen, talk , and share. Beginners are always welcome and are not expected to know much. Some cross over, i.e. the local book store has a knitting group and the local fabric shop has a quilt group that focus on books by one author (who includes quilts in the tales). The library has book clubs too. These are more traditional female hobbies but know some talented female woodworkers, potters, and metal smiths who do it as a hobby.

Veronica, even walking in place is exercise. Have seen some Wii Fit things but anything with r music that has a regular beat you can move to works. Tried Richard Simmons once- way too hard on my knees, Just don't try to keep up at 1st. Good Luck.

Lots and lots and lots of crazy sex. :thumbup: :lol: