Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

Vickie I must say yours is a lot different then mine.First my ban will have a fill the day of my surgery.And my popsicles and Jello has to be sugar free and we are told we must take special supplements for people that have the ban,I am getting the Building Blocks essential bariatric supplement,and we are told to use a bariatric supplement for the rest of our lives.I do like the idea of a heating pad,I saw some one on line say they used one to help with after surgery gas pains.Vickie don't you have to follow a diet before surgery?I and everybody this Dr. does bariatric surgery MUST do the Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids FOR 2 WEEKS before surgery Kerry

Kerry, I don't have a pre-op diet probably because my bmi is 34.4. You made me wonder if I will have a fill at the time of implant. Good question for me to ask. I haven't met my dr.yet because I'm going to Mexico and because of the low bmi I must pay. Thanks for your input.

Warm Regards,

Vickie

Kerry and anyone interested this is my Post Operation Diet and it seems we're not suppose to expect to lose weight until we have had a "Fill". This diet is for healing purposes and the hardest thing for me will be no SODA ever.

Vickie - this is some great information with detailed suggestions and REASONS for the rules. I have read a couple of "plans" from surgeons, and they are similar to this one, but this one is much more detailed as to exactly what the requirements are and suggestions for foods that fit the requirements. My pre-op meeting with my surgeon is Nov 26th, and she will give me my guide at that time. Even if there are timeframe differences, this guide has provide me with the details I need to prepare my own full liquids, mushies, etc. I did not want to live on Campbell's Tomato Soup only for several weeks, and can see now how to make sure I'm following the rules with food I can prepare.

Thank you so much for posting this.:cool:

Hello everyone. I finally got approved (after 9 months):cool2: and my date is Dec3 or Dec4. I am so excited:biggrin::cool:!!! Yes, a bummer because of the holidays, but oh well, this time next year we are going to be lookin' good. Did someone say they had a protien shake reciepe for eggnog? Please, give it to us. YUMMMM!! Goosefraba where did you get that cute "Holiday Hottie" sign and how do you get it on your post? GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!;)

Eggnog anyone?

1 cup milk

1/4 cup liquid egg substitute

1/2 banana

1/2 tsp. vanilla flavoring

1 packet sugar substitute

Calories 195 Protein 10 grams

My nutritianist gave me a recipe to add to my Protein shakes and things I add mile to . It will give you more Protein.< /p>

MILK MIXTURE:

1 qt. skim milk (nonfat milk)

1 cup of nonfat powdered milk

Mix ingredients together. Chill Well. Use in place of regular for cooking or in special drinks. Calories per serving:195 Protein: 18 gram.

It great to add Proteins.

Carol

Tonight I'm going to have my last large meal and I'm going to have Prime Rib with all the trimmings. Then start my pre-op one day sooner. I'm feel like Joann very excited but getting a little nervous.

Blessings on your journey

Carol

Carol - remind me of your date again? I won't be starting pre-op until T-giving day per doc's order. I hope to be able to have at least a piece of turkey for dinner, but if doc says no - I'll have turkey broth and Jello - and be just as happy as a clam!!

Enjoy your prime rib and trimmings! It won't be that long and you will be enjoying a more normal variety of foods - this is just the way it has to be for now... We can do this!

Carol - remind me of your date again? I won't be starting pre-op until T-giving day per doc's order. I hope to be able to have at least a piece of turkey for dinner, but if doc says no - I'll have turkey broth and Jello - and be just as happy as a clam!!

Enjoy your prime rib and trimmings! It won't be that long and you will be enjoying a more normal variety of foods - this is just the way it has to be for now... We can do this!

My surgery is Dec 9th and I have a 3 week pre-op.

Carol

Hi All,

I am new to the lapbandtalk site! I stumbled across the site when googling several questions and boy am I glad :rolleyes:

I have been approved for surgery on December 2nd and am excited and a little nervous as well...but soo glad that I've found yet another tool of support!!

Welcome Keshia - it's always good to have another friend on our side. Your date is coming up quickly. I've been shocked at how fast time has gone since my date was set - after all those dragging months of testing, the days are flying by now!

Dec 1! I was scheduled for Nov 10 but it had to be moved. This means I will have an all liquid diet (started today) for Thanksgiving. Truthfully, I hate turkey and a lot of other thanksgiving stuff so I am not to sad about this. Do any of you know what type of band you are getting?

I know I'm not getting the realize band, I think it's the AP band? My surgeon gave me the choice of either, I told him I didn't know that there was any difference so it didn't matter to me, he suggested the AP band, and so I said ok. Is there a difference between the bands?

A call from my surgeon's office this week cleared me for a surgery date of December 4th. I'm excited and I'm looking for others who have a lapband on their Christmas list. Come join me in my Quest for holiday party ideas for those of us on clear liquids! Does this mean I can't even have eggnog??? No Christmas Cookies? ??

We should be able to think of some fun and interesting names for our December group. Any ideas are welcome!

Winter Wonders

Holiday Belles (might be a bit sexist...)

December Stars

_______________ (your ideas here...)

Hello, I see that you are from MO. Me too. I also will be banded in Dec. The 10th. I am sooooo excited. A little worried. We have a large family and I have to start pre op diet just before Thanksgiving. It will be difficult but not impossible. Do the Protein Drinks come in egg nog flavor? Guess we will have to figure out how to pull that one off. :unsure:

I'm excited. I feel like I found a friend. :)

My last meal was very good, I have got everything I need to start my pre-op diet tomorrow. And have another 22 days to go before surgery.

Carol

Hi carol! I noticed you live in burlington, I used to live in sedro woolley! good luck with the long pre-op.

Hi carol! I noticed you live in burlington, I used to live in sedro woolley! good luck with the long pre-op.

Where do you live now in Washington. And thank you its going to go just fine have a thousand cal a day 2 slimfast and lean causine for dinner.< /p>

Carol