Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

super excited about my Plastic Surgery

I realize this thread was started QUITE some time ago---but I've decided to start looking into this with real effort. I have a consult with a PS in two days---and the reality of this all is just hitting me. I should tell you that I did very little research with the LB before surgery because I can deal with pain and all that ails, but sometimes knowing what may lie ahead is overwhelming to me....and keeps me from moving forward. So I looked at your pics. OMG> it looks unbelievably painful. I was hoping to only have 2-3 weeks off from work. (I make my own schedule and can sit as much and as long as I need to----also have a very short commute!) Is that unrealistic compared to your experience? I did go back to work less than 5 days after my Lap Band surgery....

I don't even know the extent of what I'll have done---I hope to find that out this week. I'm expecting at least a Tummy Tuck some Lipo and thinking about having my breasts done at a later time.....We'll see what the surgeon suggests!

I realize this thread was started QUITE some time ago---but I've decided to start looking into this with real effort. I have a consult with a PS in two days---and the reality of this all is just hitting me. I should tell you that I did very little research with the LB before surgery because I can deal with pain and all that ails, but sometimes knowing what may lie ahead is overwhelming to me....and keeps me from moving forward. So I looked at your pics. OMG> it looks unbelievably painful. I was hoping to only have 2-3 weeks off from work. (I make my own schedule and can sit as much and as long as I need to----also have a very short commute!) Is that unrealistic compared to your experience? I did go back to work less than 5 days after my LAP-BAND® surgery....

I don't even know the extent of what I'll have done---I hope to find that out this week. I'm expecting at least a Tummy Tuck some Lipo and thinking about having my breasts done at a later time.....We'll see what the surgeon suggests!

:thumbup:All things considered, I don't think the pain was bad...not nearly as bad as the bruising makes it look. And to me, I would rather have the scars than the flab hanging. Everyone is different, but I think you'll be fine. Let me know what you decide. Good-Luck!

Later, Joanie :smile:)

how is your scarring looking after everything you have already done?

:thumbup: I think the scars are looking better everyday...but no matter, it's better than the hanging flab...lol...

I will try to post some newer pics soon.

More to come, Joanie :smile:)

Well, I just had a Tummy Tuck 4 days ago. I am very suprised that I feel amazing! I go back to the doctor in 2 days to get the bandages off. Im so excited to see my new belly button and tummy! I also hope that on that visit my doctor will take out my drains! Is it unusual that i bearly have any pain due to the tt? Also imn the last 2 days I bearly have any drainage is that normal? thanks in advance!

Well, I just had a Tummy Tuck 4 days ago. I am very suprised that I feel amazing! I go back to the doctor in 2 days to get the bandages off. Im so excited to see my new belly button and tummy! I also hope that on that visit my doctor will take out my drains! Is it unusual that i bearly have any pain due to the tt? Also imn the last 2 days I bearly have any drainage is that normal? thanks in advance!

:thumbup: Congrats on the TT, and I'm glad you're feeling so good. It just keeps getting better, doesn't it?

Keep in touch! Joanie :smile2:)

Just wanted to post up some of the pics from my facelift...

day 1....day 3.....day6

post-219079-13813139345847_thumb.jpg

post-219079-13813139346159_thumb.jpg

post-219079-13813139346603_thumb.jpg

Pics from 2 weeks out from lower facelift surgery...dr says I am healing very fast. I have been out in public already, with friends who don't know, and no one said anything, so I guess they couldn't see any scars...they were guys, though....haha! I love it, and it just keeps getting better.

more later, Joanie :()

post-219079-13813139361642_thumb.jpg

post-219079-13813139361944_thumb.jpg

post-219079-13813139362232_thumb.jpg

wow you heal so well! I have a question about your arm lift. Are your scars noticeable now some time after the surgery? I want an arm lift but am concerned about the scarring. I saw your 3 month post op photos but how do your arms look now?

wow you heal so well! I have a question about your arm lift. Are your scars noticeable now some time after the surgery? I want an arm lift but am concerned about the scarring. I saw your 3 month post op photos but how do your arms look now?

The scars on my arms are not small, but I am not at all self conscious about them, like i was with the flab hanging...I have attached a more recent pic for you. In fact, I'm gonna take it right now....haha! :(

I can also tell you I have been bad about using the maderma like my dr suggested, and I should be doing my 5 lb weight exersizes, but have been real lax about doing either. :(

I have also posted the before pic my surgeon took, for comparison purposes. Thanks for your interest!

Later, Joanie :biggrin:)

post-219079-13813139362786_thumb.jpg

post-219079-13813139363073_thumb.jpg

post-219079-13813139363356_thumb.jpg

Well, I'm having more ps done..:rolleyes: ..I'm having a thigh lift next tuesday 8/23/11...I'm thinking this should be the last thing I do! ;)

I appreciate all the comments and encouragement I've gotten from you all. Wish me luck on the legs...I'll post some before and after pics soon.

thanks!

Good luck! I hope it all goes well. After 3 consultations with my PS and paying ahead of time, I had a major slip over Thanksgiving last year and my surgery was scheduled the following week....and was canceled. Money returned...I was 'unclamped' and without a band for nearly 7 months. 30 pounds later, I'm relieved I didn't go ahead with PS. I'd definitely need revision if I had. I'm using my PS money for a down payment on a house. I had my band 're-clamped' and am working on getting back on track now. I hope to one day get that PS I waited so long for. Good luck with your legs. Post pics when you're feeling well enough to do so! :)

Well, it's been 2 weeks since my legs were done. So far so good...a bit uncomfortable walking...feels kinda like I've got something hanging between my legs....don't know how guys can wear boxers... lol !:rolleyes:

my dr tells me this surgery will take longer to heal than the others but I think it's come along nicely. I'm gonna try to attach some pics from about 1 week post op. ;)

Thanks for all your support! Joanie :D

tn_gallery_219079_2372_443284.jpgDay of surgery

tn_gallery_219079_2372_94015.jpgDay 7 after thigh lift...top of leg near crotch

tn_gallery_219079_2372_33929.jpgDay 7 after thigh lift...looking down towards knee on rt leg.

You are very kind to allow us to watch your healing process....thank you very much. I was booked for the thigh lift but the surgeon kept talking about how long the recovery was and how painful and I wimped out.

Mimi

My legs are healing nicely...the only part that is still kinda open and scabby is the T section at the top of my legs. Still got staples in the top as well, but doing better everyday. :thumbs_up: I am very happy with the results, can't wait till they are fully healed so I can really appreciate the good job my surgeon has done.