Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Our Journal - April Avengers

Guest Leslie2Lose

Guest Leslie2Lose

Turler - Why don't you bring your lunch? Is there somewhere you can put it until lunch? I also like to get apples (already sliced) and Jiff Peanut Butter (individual size), I can stick those in my purse and they are a great stack. Something else I've found that are really good are the South Beach Wraps. They are low carb, high Protein - and taste wonderful. You don't have to microwave them either - the do need to stay cool. The sodium content is higher, but on occasion it beats Soup. Maybe take them in a lunch bag (one that stands cold - with a freezer insert). I'm apt to grab a soup at work too, but I started buying the wraps and I love them!

Bea - you've done nothing wrong...all looks good to me! :-)

Brandy - that's a great idea. I have to sneak my frozen cooked home meals - DH likes leftovers - LOL

You know...for a long time I was packing my lunch. I guess I just got out of the habit. I really don't have an excuse. I can't eat bread, so most sandwiches and wraps are out for me. Kind of sucks, I miss a good old sandwich from time to time.

I am a starting to get worried about my fill from today. I still have that headache and my stomach is sore (inside, not the port). I called him to give him a 'heads up' and so far we are leaving it. I just hope I don't have a repeat of a few weeks ago. I can already tell that I'm too tight to eat anything solid. Hopefully it's just swelling.

~C

Here's today.

I just got back from the seminar I was speaking at and got lots of compliments on my look/success. So, tomorrow is a new day and I will do better! I have one week to wait till I finally get some refill so I refuse to go backward.

Date: Oct 2

What Did You Eat Today?:

B - 1/2c FF yogurt, 1/2c strawberries, 2tbls high Protein granola

S - G2 gatorade

L - Small frozen pizza :tongue: 5 mini chocolate chip Cookies

S - 10 garlic breadsticks with 2tbls spinach artichoke allouette cheese, 7 mini tootsie rolls, 10 mini oreos

D - 1 cup egg drop Soup w/ 1/2c chips & 1 egg roll

Protein:

Water Intake: 8 cups

Exercise: 15 min elptical; 40 min treadmill 5% incline @ 4mph, 15min yoga

Guest Leslie2Lose

Date: Oct 2

What Did You Eat Today?:

B - 1 cup coffee (spenda lf creamer), 2 mini sausages (cocktail)

L - 1/2 cup Grilled chicken, Grilled Onions, Mushrooms, White Mexican cheese, 1/2 cup refried Beans.

S - BAD, BAD, ME - Nachos

Protein: Only 48 g (852 cal)

Water Intake: 7 cups

Exercise: 30 minutes walking

Other: I ate poorly - well, lunch was pretty good. We went to my nephew's football game and I shared nachos with DD. When I got home I wasn't hungry....I'm doing today.

My day was busy and weird, so my meals sort of all ran together. Didn't take the time to drink Water, exercise, or eat right. Shame, shame everyone knows my name!!! No judgement today please! :)

Date: Oct 3

What Did You Eat Today?: coffee w/ half and half, another cup of coffee w/ f/f Creamer, another cup of coffee w/ sugar free hot chocolate, another cup of coffee w/ both f/f creamer and sugar free hot chocolate, 1 c chicken noodle Soup, 1 c grapes, 1 c jasmine rice, 1 c crockpot sweet and sour pork, 1 glass of wine (so far).

Protein: 60g (1164 calories)

Water Intake: very little

Exercise: Zip

Anything to add: I made the sweet and sour pork with pork loin instead of pork shoulder, so I think the calories and fat for that dish would be less. It was delicious though. If anyone's interested I'd be happy to share.

Okay...I posted my ordeal in the regular thread. Long story short, I didn't eat well yesterday (too tight) and today I'm little tight and a little sore from yesterday but here it goes:

B: Slimfast

S: 1 oz Peanut Butter (actually 3/4 oz. Smuckers, pre-packaged)

L: SOUP!!! LOL Progresso Beef vegetable (350 mg of Sodium! eeks)

1 pint 2% milk (blech...but it's all they had and L2L said I need dairy)

S: Yoplait Original Blueberry Yogurt (fruit AND dairy, for L2L)

D: Slimfast ( I don't know what to eat, nervous to eat Soup OR solids!)

Protein: dunno, hope it's better than last time

Exercise: None today...too tired and don't feel like it. I've worked out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so far this week. I'm taking tonight off.

~C

What Did You Eat Today?:

B - 1 sweet & saltygranola bar

L - 1/2c sesame chicken, 1/2c fried rice

S - I hate to admit this....large oreo McFlurry

D - 2 slices hand tossed cheese pizza from pizza Hut

Protein: Only 48 g (852 cal)

Water Intake: 10

Exercise: 1 hour sculpting aerobics class

Anything to add: My days without the band STINK! I can eat way too many things that I couldn't before and it was easier knowing that I'd throw them up so I wouldn't even try to eat them. I am actually going on a juice fast with my hubby for the nest 2-3 days. Dr said it would be fine and help me curb cravings and hopefully lose the weight I've gained. It will also get me ready for my refill Thursday.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Shame Shame Everybody knows my name...looks like one of those days! (lol Bea - that was cute)...

B - Cup Joe, BK Scrambler (1/2)

L - Hibachi chicken with rice (1/2 cup) with that sinful white sauce (whole thing)

D - macaroni & cheese, two tablespoons of cookie dough, 1 cup milk, handful of sour cream & onion chips

Protein/Calories - I don't know...but I'll check it later

Water - Two Cups (16 oz)

Ya'll did so much better than me today - the best thing I had all day was coffee....it just went downhill from there.

Tomorrow will be a better day! I had an off day - really poorly on my food. I feel so guilty when I eat like this. I also did nothing to combat it - 0 exercise. But - at least me HAVING to write it down and admit it makes me feel guilty and I don't want to have to write this shameful behavior down again (for all to see)...sigh

I'd love the recipe by the way!

Edited by Leslie2Lose

It is simply where you drink juice for 2-3 days. I have done one before and loved the results...cuts down bloating, boosts energy, simply a good "cleaning" especially if you have been eating foods high in fats and sugars.

If you're interested, I would do some research on the web and find the one right for you. There are Lemonade, veggie juice, fruit juice, etc... ones so you need the kind that fits what you need. Some even allow foods in certain quantities during the time.

I'll be doing the lemonade one, it is a real cleaning which I need with all the yuck stuff I've been eating the last couple of days.

Ok...

So the different drink choices clean your system in a different way? I've never heard of this. I thought I'd done every diet known to mankind! LOL

My day was busy and weird, so my meals sort of all ran together. Didn't take the time to drink Water, exercise, or eat right. Shame, shame everyone knows my name!!! No judgement today please! :)

What Did You Eat Today?: coffee w/ half and half, another cup of coffee w/ f/f creamer, another cup of coffee w/ sugar free hot chocolate, another cup of coffee w/ both f/f creamer and sugar free hot chocolate, 1 c chicken noodle Soup, 1 c grapes, 1 c jasmine rice, 1 c crockpot sweet and sour pork, 1 glass of wine (so far).

Protein: 60g (1164 calories)

Water Intake: very little

Exercise: Zip

Anything to add: I made the sweet and sour pork with pork loin instead of pork shoulder, so I think the calories and fat for that dish would be less. It was delicious though. If anyone's interested I'd be happy to share.

I would be very interested in a recipe for that if you have time. I have 2 teens and a hubby.. all of them are skinny and I would like them to stay that way so I try to cook healthy since I am their cook hehe

NOTE: I never follow a recipe exactly as written. I've added the changes I made in purple.

Serves 4

2 T butter or margarine (I used a little olive oil instead)

1 boneless pork shoulder blade roast 2 lb (I used pork loin and trimmed

away all visible fat and cut into chunks)

1 jar (10 oz) sweet and sour sauce

1/4 c chicken broth

1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks in juice, drained

1/4 c cold Water

1 T cornstarch

Melt butter or oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add pork; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned. (At this point I added some chopped onion, fresh grated ginger, minced garlic, and soy sauce until onion was soft. I then added the sauce to the pan to help coat the pork.)

Pour pork, sauce, broth, and pineapple to a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.

About an hour before serving, I added some thinly sliced carrots and bell peppers.

About 15 minutes before serving, in a small bowl mix cornstarch and Water. Remove pork from the slow cooker, stir in cornstarch mixture into sauce in slow cooker. Return pork and pineapple, turn up to high and cook about 10 minutes or until thickened.

I served the pork and sauce over Jasmine rice. I added sliced scallions and toasted slivered almonds to individual servings. YUMMY!!!!

Enjoy!!!

Nutritional Analysis (as written): 660 cal; 35g fat; 160mg cholesterol; 440mg sodium; 38g total carbs; 49g Protein

I think by using pork loin, it would reduce the calories and fat somewhat. I just didn't feel like figuring it out. I also use low sodium soy sauce.

P.S. My kids and hubby really liked this one

Guest Leslie2Lose

October 4 - "The day for nautiness - ate what I wanted"

B - Nothing - I slept in - then had 3 tb pb w/ glass of milk

L - CiCi's pizza - 1 slice alfredo pizza, 1 slice bacon/cheddar pizza, 1/4 cup Pasta with alfredo sauce, 1/4 brownie

S - 2 Cups Air popcorn

D - Fair food - Urg....1/4 Funnel Cake, 1 hotdog (no bun), ket/may/must, 2 Onion Rings, Roasted Ear of Corn

Protein/Calories - P 65, Cal 1287 (not as bad as I thought)

Water - Two Cups (16 oz)

Exercise - Lots of Walking at the fair (burned 465 cal)

I really don't want to write this down...but this really does help me. I got COMPLETELY OFF PLAN. We went to the fair Sat Night and I just ate what I wanted (in small quantities). I'm back on plan today (Sunday)!!! I was bad at lunch too - knew I was going to the fair...thus ate what I wanted. I was able to eat CiCi's yesterday - I was really loose, today I'm super tight and having trouble with Breakfast. Fickle Band!