Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been hanging around watching for a while, and I figure it's time to get in on the action. I was banded March 30th by Dr. Arturo Rodriguez in Monterrey, MX. I've had one fill thus far, 4cc, and am going in today for a second fill. I have the large Vanguard band that holds something like 9cc's, I think. I live in Seattle and am having my follow-up care with Dr. Fox at the Surgical Weight Loss Center in Tacoma. My progress so far has been a bit disappointing to me, as I lost 20 lbs in the first 2-3 weeks post op, and have been struggling to lose ever since. I do recognize that a 26lb weight loss in 3 months is good, but since I have been losing and gaining the same few pounds for the last 2 months, I'm a bit frustrated. I have a new commitment to exercise and making wise food choices, and I suspect that will jumpstart the weight loss again. I've also made a goal to participate in the STP (Seattle to Portland bicycle event) next summer, so my husband and I will begin training shortly.

On a personal note (as if sharing my weight loss journey is not personal), I am 27 years old, married, and have a 4 year old son. I work as a Realtor in my local communities, and love it since I have the flexibility to spend time with my family and work from home when needed.

I'm looking forward to developing relationships with the people here at LBT, as I have seen how deeply you care about each other in the advice and support you give, and I hope to be just as supportive to those in need.

Hi Corinne,

we are so glad to have you join in on the fun! WELCOME!

LOVE the avator, too!

Hi Corinne! So nice to have you. I, too, have been stuck on the weight loss. It's the same 2-3 pounds but I'm hoping my first fill next week will help me. You are doing great! Welcome to LBT!

Corinne!!! Welcome to LBT!!!! Sounds like you are off on to a great start with your weight loss. It is great that you are getting into so much excersice and that your husband is such a great support to you in your efforts. I wish you continued success. Hope you come to LBT real often. You will deffinatly find lots of friends and support!!!!

Welcome Corinne! I was just banded four days ago so I'm glad to hear your experience. It seems like weight is falling off of me right now (six pounds since Thursday) so it's good to know to look out for a couple months out. You mean this weight just falling off doesn't last forever??? lol!!!

Welcome to LBT!!!