Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

liquid diet starts friday. Please give me good ideas you have had or maybe even a typical day for you.. Thanks:w00t:

Hi there!

I had my surgery last week on the 23rd. It has been difficult but I feel in my heart that I have made the right decision. I am already down 13 pounds and that is very rewarding. The best liquid I have found is Carnation Instant Breakfast. I am not a milk drinker, have never liked milk but this is actually really good. My nutritionist recommeded it...good Protein. After surgery the docs want you to get a good amount of Protein. The nice thing is they come in different flavors and I really like the chocolate. I mix it and then I blend it with ice and I really enjoy it and it really fills me up!

But overall I live on Soups right now. Try different Soups daily and you will soon find some that you really like. I am currently on broths or creamed soups as long as they are strained. I really like the creamy potatoe and broccoli cheese. At my large grocery store they have fresh soups made and they are really good.

I know how you feel!!! Best wishes..

Anjie:smile:

which part of it was hard for you??

Hi!!

The first two days were difficult. I am not going to lie, it was painful for me. Painful in the sense of just having surgery, I think that is normal. Although everyone's pain tolerance is different. The worst part was not being able to drink for so long after surgery so be prepared for that. Then my first drink, hours later, was the yucky, yucky barium. Now just a week later I am all most back to normal. I notice that I get tired easily so don't push yourself. I also have horrible gas that rises into my shoulder. It is extremely uncomfortable but it passes. I am just trying to be positive overall, looking down the road to be healthy is very exciting!! I have already lost 13 pounds!

As far as straining the soups...it is very easy. I have used both a metal strainer that looks like a net for Soups with smaller bits. The soups like minestrone and potatoe or broccoli I have used just a regular small colander/strainer. It has been best for me to first heat the Soup then drain it. A friend of mine made me homemade potatoe Soup that was delicious and she blended the soup!

I hope that helps!!

Anjie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches