Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded 9/26...started feeling sort of down yesterday...for the first time today felt some hunger and really tired of clear liquids....and have Clear Liquids until 10/8. I'll make it, because I want this really bad....I guess I just need some cheering up or something. I am still in some pain from surgery too...is that normal? I read so many posts about people having very little pain...can anyone relate? And I am so tired...normal? Good thing is...although they didnt weigh me on the day of surgery...I believe I am down about 15 pounds...so that is good.

Ok...yes, I hear that most people bounce back really well. Well... I guess I was all out of rubber, cuz the surgery kinda kicked my butt a little. I couldn't get out of bed unassisted for about 5 days, and yes, I was very tired. It is probably because you just had surgery and your calorie count is very low. It is hard to get enough nutrition in you when you are only allowed CLEAR LIQUIDS!!! What are they thinking? Luckily I was only on clear liquids for 7 days.

What are you consuming? Are you getting enough Protein in? And you are hungry, because you are REALLY hungry. No food in you. I know it feels like forever, but it all gets better. When you allowed that first mushy meal, it will taste like the best food you have ever put into your mouth. Mine was a scrambled egg.:cool2: Good Luck and remember we all survived it. We just THOUGHT it was gonna kill us!!!!:smile:

You're going to lose a ton of weight. There's your pep talk :-)

Here's something I wrote last week, it'll do you well.

Here are the REAL issues you're going to love!!!:

1. Clothes

I don't have any that fit. Seven months ago, "my clothes don't fit" would have meant they were hugging me in all the wrong spots. Now I mean all my clothes are too big. My mom calls me "parachute pants" and it does not hurt my feelings. I have to spend hours upon hours shopping for new clothes in the mall. Since, now, I feel better about myself, I have to spend an additional half hour at the nail salon and hour at the hair dresser. How great!

2. Reinforcement

I can't go anywhere these days without running into someone I know and them commenting on my appearance. "Wow! You look so much different!"... "How did you do it??"... "You look amazing!!"... that's just the beginning! Don't even get me started on the male attention!!! How great!!

3. Mind

Before the lap band, I spent my down time thinking abut my next meal. I don't do that any more because I'm not obsessed with food. Now I get to read great books to occupy my mind. How great!

4. Money

A Lean Cuisene is a feast for me. Because of this, I have saved so much money. The month before I got the band, I spend $76.22 on fast food alone (Pizza, tacos, fries, burritos, etc.)... and now I HAVE that money for myself! I spend this money on clothes that are from normal stores, bras from Victoria's Secret and getting my hair done... for me. (I can't begin to even think of all the time I wasted eating, too!).

*5. A lot of people are talking about how they are stopping their medication. Well, I had to ADD a medication - Birth Control! SNAP!

I wrote this to all you who are struggeling. Don't give up because you will be happy some day!!!

Edited by Weas123

imsoready...you are in bandster hell. Hang in there; it will pass. Please walk as much as you can even though you may be tired (take liquid tylenol or stronger pain med if you are in pain) so you don't develop blood clots or so on. I was on clear liquids, no Protein, for the first week and it wasn't easy, especially because I "came to" in recovery hungry! (not "emotionally"hungry, either...I was STARVED!)

I wasn't depressed but I was pretty darned grumpy! LOL It passes though. Like Weas123 posted, focus on the positives that are in store for you. You'll make it! :cool2:

Ok...yes, I hear that most people bounce back really well. Well... I guess I was all out of rubber, cuz the surgery kinda kicked my butt a little. I couldn't get out of bed unassisted for about 5 days, and yes, I was very tired. It is probably because you just had surgery and your calorie count is very low. It is hard to get enough nutrition in you when you are only allowed CLEAR LIQUIDS!!! What are they thinking? Luckily I was only on clear liquids for 7 days.

What are you consuming? Are you getting enough Protein in? And you are hungry, because you are REALLY hungry. No food in you. I know it feels like forever, but it all gets better. When you allowed that first mushy meal, it will taste like the best food you have ever put into your mouth. Mine was a scrambled egg.:cool2: Good Luck and remember we all survived it. We just THOUGHT it was gonna kill us!!!!:smile:

Its great to know I'm not the only one that didnt bounce back...I think many on here are pretty young...not that I'm old, but I'm 54 and I guess I should not expect to bounce back as fast as someone a lot younger. Right now I am surviving on broth, Water, diluted fruit juice and small protien shakes...I have to say I do feel a bit better after I have the protien shake. I just really need to sleep well at night and I cannot get comfy at all. Did your first mushy food go down ok....I fear that first real food.

You're going to lose a ton of weight. There's your pep talk :-)

Here's something I wrote last week, it'll do you well.

Here are the REAL issues you're going to love!!!:

1. Clothes

I don't have any that fit. Seven months ago, "my clothes don't fit" would have meant they were hugging me in all the wrong spots. Now I mean all my clothes are too big. My mom calls me "parachute pants" and it does not hurt my feelings. I have to spend hours upon hours shopping for new clothes in the mall. Since, now, I feel better about myself, I have to spend an additional half hour at the nail salon and hour at the hair dresser. How great!

2. Reinforcement

I can't go anywhere these days without running into someone I know and them commenting on my appearance. "Wow! You look so much different!"... "How did you do it??"... "You look amazing!!"... that's just the beginning! Don't even get me started on the male attention!!! How great!!

3. Mind

Before the lap band, I spent my down time thinking abut my next meal. I don't do that any more because I'm not obsessed with food. Now I get to read great books to occupy my mind. How great!

4. Money

A Lean Cuisene is a feast for me. Because of this, I have saved so much money. The month before I got the band, I spend $76.22 on fast food alone (Pizza, tacos, fries, burritos, etc.)... and now I HAVE that money for myself! I spend this money on clothes that are from normal stores, bras from Victoria's Secret and getting my hair done... for me. (I can't begin to even think of all the time I wasted eating, too!).

*5. A lot of people are talking about how they are stopping their medication. Well, I had to ADD a medication - Birth Control! SNAP!

I wrote this to all you who are struggeling. Don't give up because you will be happy some day!!!

thanks...I CAN and WILL do this...I guess a few days of hunger are worth a much healthier and happier me....thanks for your words of encouragement.

imsoready...you are in bandster hell. Hang in there; it will pass. Please walk as much as you can even though you may be tired (take liquid tylenol or stronger pain med if you are in pain) so you don't develop blood clots or so on. I was on clear liquids, no Protein, for the first week and it wasn't easy, especially because I "came to" in recovery hungry! (not "emotionally"hungry, either...I was STARVED!)

I wasn't depressed but I was pretty darned grumpy! LOL It passes though. Like Weas123 posted, focus on the positives that are in store for you. You'll make it! :cool2:

How much did you walk....like around your house our around your neighborhood...right now I dont think I could do more than around my house (which I a doing often)

My first mushy food went down fine. I was allowed to eat it on day 8. It took me 10-15 min to eat one egg. I took small bites and chewed it well, but it was fabulous. Try drinking some New Whey bullets. They are considered clear and they have 42g of Protein with only 3 oz. They are worth the money. You can get them from GNC for around 3.50 for each. Getting your protein up may help give you more energy.

OK, I was banded one month today and believe me when I say I was exactly where you are now mentally. You WILL feel better next week but do not do too much take it easy and talk about your experience with anyone who will listen. You took a very big step and you will take some time to digest (no pun intended) everything that you will be doing for the rest of your life. I didn't have too much pain only feeleing sore, but just take it easy and do everything your doctor and nutritionist tells you to do. get through the liquids and you will start to feel better when youare taking in full liquids. Just reach out to me if you need support, that's what we are here for. OK. I hope you have a family that will support you in every way, or some close friends too. That really helps, oh this web site is awesome too. All the best always, Andrea :cool2:

I was banded 9/26...started feeling sort of down yesterday...for the first time today felt some hunger and really tired of clear liquids....and have clear liquids until 10/8. I'll make it, because I want this really bad....I guess I just need some cheering up or something. I am still in some pain from surgery too...is that normal? I read so many posts about people having very little pain...can anyone relate? And I am so tired...normal? Good thing is...although they didnt weigh me on the day of surgery...I believe I am down about 15 pounds...so that is good.