Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer Weightloss Challenge

Kelly's waiting for tomorrow, I say go for it...drink that Water today!!!

Okay, so that's 205.4 this morning, wahoo! Jonathan is rounding numbers so I guess I'll round down since my start weight was 207.2? I figure that counts fairly as a 2 pound loss. yippeee!!! AND i get filled Wed!

Happy Fourth of July!!!

I don't round, exactly... it's a throw back to my programming days =) When you cast a floating point number (something with a decimal) as an integer, it simply loses whatever was after the decimal point. So, when I count my weight, that's what I do. 286.8 is 286 lbs. Since I do it that way, I didn't write my weight loss challenge program to use decimals (using floating point variables) ... just integers. =)

If you didn't understand that, for the purposes of the WLC, just ignore everything after the decimal point on your scale.< /p>

Ok, I think I've got everyone up to date now.

I don't have starting weights for everyone though. If that's intentional, that's fine. When you update your weight, if you're 2 lbs less than you were at the start, then just make your weight -2, etc.

However, take a look at the weights listed, and I think you'll find that YOUR weight isn't anything that's going to surprise any of us. I invite and encourage everyone to post their weights just because it'll make it easier to track your progress as you go (you'll never have to remember what your starting weight was), and because if there's ANYWHERE in the world that you won't get judged for what you weigh, it's right here.

But, if you're only comfortable with tracking your loss, that's perfectly fine by me. =)

Jonathan

Well stayed the same this week.. that's better than a gain.. Hopefully next week I'll have a loss to post.

If you didn't understand that, for the purposes of the WLC, just ignore everything after the decimal point on your scale.< /div>

Now THAT I understand! lol! I won't argue because it's still a 2 pound loss for me, whew! so it's all good.

Thanks Jonathan...you are doing a great job keeping us organized!

Vera, you are just as cute as a button...LOVE the shirt, er, bikini!! I'm showing my hubby tomorrow. hehe!

Keep at it everyone!!! Labor Day will be here before you know it! WE CAN DO THIS!!

I had a 7 pound loss since my banding of 6-21-05! I was weighed today at my post-op appointment! Whoo hoo!

I cant post my weight :( I dont have a scale.. Im house sitting and I wont have a scale until friday. i doubt I lost anything anyway hehehe

I had a 7 pound loss since my banding of 7-21-05! I was weighed today at my post-op appointment! Whoo hoo!
Losing weight in the future I see!

Yeah, I've lost 5 pounds in a future week in many a fantasy too.

wink.gif Hee Hee

Hi everyone. I'm not participating in the summer loss thing but I got lonely so I'm just here invading. Vera, you should post that hottie body on the picture page so us non-participants coulda seen it. Glad I stopped by! That's hysterical.

I glad I gave you all a good laugh....That was Penni's bathing suit challenge.

I didn't see my name on the list so I guess I'm not participating either or I'm so computer-idiotic that I can't figure out how to get my name on....Either way Johnathan seems mighty busy, I'll be tracking.

I need to update my weight. I went to the Doctor to get my staples out and apparently my scale is off by 5 pounds. I did just have the surgery a week ago tomorrow. His scale told me I have lost 13.8 pounds! :( I will let you know how it is on Monday! Thanks! :)

Angie

I would like to join if it's not too late. I know that I weighed 375 on Monday June 27 because I went to get another fill because my 2nd fill didn't really do the trick. Only problem was my blood pressure was too high so I couldn't get the fill until today. So my starting weight as of June 27 is 375, but as of today the scale at the Surgical Center said 356 so that is my current weight banana.gif Yep 19 pounds in a week and a half! And 70 pounds so far(ignore my ticker. I haven't had time to update it!) After floating around the 376 area for about a month and a half I started back on a eating program that I did before being banded called Natural Hormonal Enhancement(www.extique.com) It's a really great program! If anyone wants to know about it just ask me. Here are some pics I took tonight. My before pics can be found here http://lapbandtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1192&stc=1

post-204396-1381313194034_thumb.jpg

Hey Adam!

Welcome to the challenge! LOVE your avator - he's a cutie!

...and 19 pounds in a week???? woo hoo

Is it too late for me to join? I had my second fill yesterday....I am ready to go!!

Starting weight 225.

I want to lose 20 lbs by Labor Day. (kind of unrealistic, but I am getting married on Aug 28th and was hoping to be 200).

We'll see how this goes.

Patty