Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Triangular When Full

Guest BikiniBeachy

a) im not responding to your post because I don't feel asking me to post my personal information on a public internet forum is appropriate. I am posting on here to educate people considering a gastric band to due their homework and not to believe everything you hear or read. Why I am constantly getting attacked for trying to help people I don't know. And if you threaten me again I will report you to the admnstrators. Usually people are happy when the get information they didnt have or didnt have access to. I also don't understand why people are taking advice from someone who doesn't even have a gastic band and hits the refrigertator 20 times a day.

Please see the creases in the Swedish Band VC- aka the Realize band C

Shutterfly

I think Dr. Curry's pictures are a better representation of what happens when the two bands are filled surrounding the stomach. Just inflating an empty band around nothing misses the point.

the stomach is soft, stretches, contracts and dialates - the tube he put it on does not. The creases occur at about 9cc's and he only put in 6cc's. Please remember, if in the unlikely although possible event of a crease fold failure- your going to have to go in another surgery - there are risks associated with that. It sounds like you just want to be right and justify your decision regardless of what anyone says, which is fine. But you're going to be really sorry if you have to go in for surgery again. I had the option of either band too. But I can tell you that I had a lot of post op pain and theres not a snowballs chance in hell im going through that again if I dont have to. Even a 1% chance of a crease fold failure was too much for me. Even if both bands had equal EWL which hasnt been documented it doesn't make sense to me.

But hey different strokes for different folks. Good luck on your journey!

a) im not responding to your post because I don't feel asking me to post my personal information on a public internet forum is appropriate. I am posting on here to educate people considering a gastric band to due their homework and not to believe everything you hear or read. Why I am constantly getting attacked for trying to help people I don't know. And if you threaten me again I will report you to the admnstrators. Usually people are happy when the get information they didnt have or didnt have access to. I also don't understand why people are taking advice from someone who doesn't even have a gastic band and hits the refrigertator 20 times a day.

Shutterfly

Translation = I'm full of sh-t and I know it.

yeah ok...you expect me to post my personal information on some website where anyone can see it? If that's the case Im full of shit-- you're right.

sad to say but some of you will be eating your words one day. - I do hope none of you get a crease fold failure - but if you do, I hate to say I told you so.

Shutterfly

I suggest you report me now. Why wait? If I am doing something wrong don't you think someone would have done something by now?

You have made some mighty big claims yet your posts show you really don't know what you are talking about. For goodness sakes, upon doing a quick search of your old posts it is quite obvious you don't even know when you got your own band yet you are supposedly a band expert?

You are quite full of yourself.

I think the MOD who asked the question on your profile has you pegged. She knows exactly who you are. I would hope she contacts the surgeon in question and takes care of this little problem once and for all.

yeah ok...you expect me to post my personal information on some website where anyone can see it? If that's the case Im full of shit-- you're right.

sad to say but some of you will be eating your words one day. - I do hope none of you get a crease fold failure - but if you do, I hate to say I told you so.

I'll bet you $1000 that you don't keep your original band over 10 years.

Deal?

If I am right, and I'm betting I am... I hate to say I told you so.

Ill take that bet

I dare you to challenge me on any band information I posted in any thread.

I forgot more about Gastric Bands than you and your partner who seems to be an authority on gastric bands but doesn't have one will ever know.

Ill take that bet

I dare you to challenge me on any band information I posted in any thread.

I forgot more about Gastric Bands than you and your partner who seems to be an authority on gastric bands but doesn't have one will ever know.

We'll meet back here in 10 years.... with your medical records in hand.

I've read through your posts, you have a couple of studies. You don't have the slightest idea about the band. You can't even remember when you got your own band let alone the details of banding. You claim all this education yet your writing does not reflect the same. You claim licensing that you don't have, you have annoyed and irritated everyone posting, people have essentially told you to buggar off when you insult them, their intelligence, and their bands... and you expect to be taken seriously?

Heh... that's amusing.

I think you need your band loosened...you seem a little wound up and angry for some reason at someone trying to help others

Darl'en, why don't you learn to use the quote icon. Then we will know who you are insulting when you are stomping those feeties throwing temper tantrums.

well id be out of a job since I work with hundreds of band patients a month in addition to just reaching 100% EWL if I didn't know what I was doing.

Again, please look through my posts and find a scientific claim you say is bullshit and prove me wrong.

well id be out of a job since I work with hundreds of band patients a month in addition to just reaching 100% EWL if I didn't know what I was doing.

Again, please look through my posts and find a scientific claim you say is bullshit and prove me wrong.

Do you know what a straw man is? Ohhh, I'll bet you don't. You are a tech, right?

Look up a straw man discussion, then look in a mirror and you'll see who has the need to use one.

You don't know much about banding at all. You know a couple of studies and you chant them like a mantra disregarding everything else everyone has tried to explain to you. You are so focused on such a small amount of information that you can't see the forest for the trees.

You have tried desperately to show you have a clue. You have made two different claims about your date of banding, you have made claims about your profession, you have claimed everything under the sun to get people to believe you are the band guru. Truth is, you don't have a clue. You parrot what you hear actual medical professionals say and you attempt to pass yourself off as a medical professional to boost your credibility. When confronted with this fact you throw a regular old temper tantrum. Now tell us, do you have ANYTHING to add to this discussion other than what you have repeated over and over again? A few studies repeated time and time again do not show you have much band knowledge.

Truth is, all you do is insult, annoy, and irritate those you claim to be helping. If you were actually helping people would they dislike you so much?

You need to learn balance and integrity. Until you do you will have no respect from your peers.

Your job is not that of a professional and with each post you write, you prove that fact over and over again but you don't seem to get it. We are on to you. We caught on to you in the very beginning you just don't get it.

BTW... you have only lost your EWL? I have lost 100% of my TOTAL excess weight. If you need any tips or tricks, be sure to let me know.

Rockbandster, since you have reached goal, I would love to hear your tips and tricks that have gotten you there!! How often are you exercising, what are you eating and how much? Do you struggle with inconsistant restriction? Has it been a breeze. Your opinion about the Realize band is obvious, so now, lets change the subject. I would like you to share your other knowledge with me and the others, helping those of us that already have a band be as successful as you are.