Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight has everyone lost?

I am wondering how everyone's weight loss is. I have been banded for 5 months now, and have lost 50 pounds. I didn't think it would be this slow. The doctor says I am doing very well, but I don't feel I am. I feel great, no pain, or anything. I had my first fill about 3 weeks ago. I don't feel too restricted, only when I eat bread or certain foods. I would like to know how much weight and how long it took you guys.

50 pound in 5 months? that averages to 2.3 pounds a week. Slow? Baby, That's right on track.

I'm down 25 in 3 months.

Kristi, you are "above average" for bandster weight loss. The typical bandster loses between 4 and 8 lbs per month. If you are 5 months out and have lost 50lbs, then you're at 10lbs a month.

Soooo... cut yourself a break. You moving at top speed. That's about the rate at which I lost weight, and I got to goal within my first year. So, it will come... it will come!

Hugs,

I am down 70.5 pounds in 4 months. You are doing really well, dont beat yourself up about it. 50 pounds is awesome!! Be proud.

I am 2 weeks shy of 5 months and have lost 48lbs so far ,My doc said its a good pace and that we are not in any kind of race. I was told if you ose less than 4lbs a month you need a fill.

50 in 5 is awesome. Sam I am impressed with your stats too. Could you give me an idea of a typical day's meals or you? Are you hungry in between? Do you drink lots of liquids? I see to be unable to get to that magic spot of 2 lbs a week loss and I have had two fills. Maybe i am eating the wrong stuff.

Susie

It seems like I eat all the time. I work afternoon's (3pm-11pm) I take a sandwhich to work, and carrots with ranch. I eat carrots all day, and then half my sandwhich. It seems like I am always eating. I am hungry alot, I just can't eat much at once. I feel this is going really slow, but I am very glad I got banded.

Thanks for everyone input. It really helps me out. I havn't been online in a couple of months, so I appreciate everyone who takes the time and posted back! I am very, very , happy I did this, sometimes I wish I had the gastric by-pass, cuz it's so much faster.....but god bless what has been done......

YOu really are doing very well. I know it is hard- an aquaintence just had her by pass 6 weeks ago (she is down almost 70 lbs- but OH my *&^~!!! she looks horrible and Makes me tired just seeing her. I am at 104 down as of toy (almost 11 months out) Slow and steady is great in my opinion.

I think you biggest problem (IT WAS MINE) was when I got closer to breaking the 200 lb barrier- I thought it would never come and stay (that scale bounce dance) Well today I was 173.5! I have a 31 inch waist (though I always had a waist - even at 330 lbs) wear size 10/12 tops and 14 bottoms and still going down each day!

33 lbs in 6 weeks~I feel great and have started "solid" foods....my first fill is scheduled for 7/11/05. Best decision I have ever made!!