Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No sweet spot for me?

I just had 0.1cc taken out of my 4cc band yesterday. I hadn't been keeping any solid food down (and sometimes liquids would come up too) for about a month.

Don't try that at home...

Anyway, after having a tiny dinner that stayed with me, no pain, i gained 2 pounds! I'm so distressed. Not being able to keep anything down was great for my weight loss. I was losing the two pounds per week. Now that I can eat even the tiniest bit, I start to gain.

I'm so frustrated! Talk about a slow loser...

Hang in there! I had the same problem in early August. Could not keep anything down. They had to take out 1cc before I could keep down even Water. Now, since then (5 weeks), I have lost 10 pounds. It is very difficult figuring out what works. My 2 friends and I all had the surgery within 2 months of one another. I have 6.4cc in my band, one has 4.2cc, and another has 7.0cc. Everyone is different. I have found that if I get up and have some water, then wait a bit, and eat Protein, I do better. I really like the Protein Bars, they are easy and portable. Another thing I have learned is that I don't get the sign that I am full until it is too late (end of throwing up!). A lot of people get the burp, but not me. So, I try to only eat a few bites, then take a break, then if I am doing okay I eat a little more. Remember to eat small bites and chew it really good! Try to stay positive, I know it's hard. I have been at a plateau for a week now, and just had a fill on Wed. I haven't lost anything and it is very frustrating. Also remember, women's bodies hold lots of water, especially during that lovely time of the month. You may drop a few pounds at once, try to drink lots of water (which I have a really hard time getting in).

Hang in there, it will work!:bolt:

smaki

7_5_142.gifI am glad you had a little taken out. It is natural to gain a little when you haven't been able to eat and now you can. But DO NOT wiegh yourself everyday. weigh once a week on the same day and time. Everyday a persons wight flunctuates. Lets say you wieghed yesterday and was up 2 lbs, and you weigh yourself today and lost 3 and tomorrow you might loose another 1lb and then by day 4 you gain 1 lb back. This can drive a person nuts! That is why weighing 1 day a week is good. Go with that number. It can vary for a number of reasons 1 being Water retention. So don't sweat the little gain right now. Just keep working your band and weighing once a week. I hope this helps you. Good luck

sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

You said you were throwing up some liquids, it is quite possible that you may have been dehydrated. I've been plateaued now for about a week. And I can hardly eat anything. I think I need to get a unfill wednesday when I go. I keep telling myself, I didn't gain it all overnight so I won't lose it all overnight. What really matters to me is how well I look by next summer on vacation. So I've got 8+ months to start looking hot. Those little ups and downs will all pay off. Look at it this way,when it does come off, the odds are it'll never come back.:bolt: