Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I was banded in Nov. of last year. ( 197 lbs) I immidiatlyy lost 12 lbs which made me very happy, got a fill in March, lost another 8lbs. Got a second fill in June, Shortly after I got the flue I now have acid refux all of the time constantly throwing up bubbles my heart burn is just about to kill me. My Dr. says I should come back and have an un fill but to fly to San Diego 250.00 get to the hospital and have the un fill150.00. Then Im thinking I'll have to go get another fill for the same 400.00 in a few monthes. Does anyone have an ideas?:thumbup: PS I'm now 54lbs lighter and loving that part. Gone frome a size 16 to a 10:tongue:

UNFILL yourself! I'm in the same boat with you. I had a whole 7 months of bad reflux, aggrivated by bile reflux from my gall bladder. The acid caused erosive damage to my esophagus. The scar tissue nearly closed it off. After 4 endoscopies to try & dilate my esophagus back open, I can now swallow & eat normally. I just had a fill last weekend, and 2 days ago, I feel the reflux again. From experience, it's nothing to play around with. I"m having some out tomorrow morning. I'm in Costa Mesa, 90 min from Mexico so I end up driving down there. I know how to feel about the money. Fill,,,,,,,$$$$$$, Unfill,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,Fill,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$ it seems like your paying for the same thing twice. :thumbup:

I had occasional reflux and ignored it because I was fine during the day and happy with my restriction level. It got worse one day and by 3-4 days later I couldn't even get Water down and had to get an emergency unfill which required 8 hours of driving. Thank goodness my husband drove because I was so miserable there was noooo way I could have done it.

You need an unfill because you cant stay as is without risking your health. But if your fills are going to cost you $400 a pop, not to mention time and inconvenience, I would suggest looking for a fill center to do it locally or trying to see if you can get in as a transfer patient to a local facility.

One thing I learned is that it can flare up miserably when unexpected . . . and if you need an emergency unfill it will definitely not be pleasant navigating airports or waiting for very long. Even if a local option is a little more expensive, it is best to have one available for an emergency situation just in case.

Here are some that may be close to you.

iconr1.gif

Map

ofSanFranciscoLaparoscopicAssociates%3Cbr%3E313550.jpg Laparoscopic Associates of San Francisco - Sacramento, CA Over the past 10 years,fellowship-trained Dr. Jossart and Dr. Cirangle at Laparoscopic Associates of San Francisco have been committed to providing patients like you with a wide range of weight-loss surgeries using advanced laparoscopic techniques.Some of our most asked about procedures: Lapband (Laparoscopic Gastric Banding) , Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery , Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass , Duodenal Switch , Laparoscopic Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy

iconr2.gif

Map

MachadoLaura640397.jpg Sacramento Bariatric Medical Associates - Sacramento, CA Sacramento Bariatric is a ASBS Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence (COE). Our program offers you state-of-the-art bariatric surgery including gastric bypass and laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (lap band).