Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I cheated...

I cheated!!! I am supposed to be on mushy foods and I had crackers and cheese... What is wrong with me? I am a self-pay, I paid $14,000 for this surgery and I am cheating??? I just do not know what to do with myself. I am disgusted with myself. Anyone, please give me a pep talk so I can get back on track. I have not gained any weight, just stayed the same. I am 9 days post-op... Ladies, I need HELP!!!

I cheated!!! I am supposed to be on mushy foods and I had crackers and cheese... What is wrong with me? I am a self-pay, I paid $14,000 for this surgery and I am cheating??? I just do not know what to do with myself. I am disgusted with myself. Anyone, please give me a pep talk so I can get back on track. I have not gained any weight, just stayed the same. I am 9 days post-op... Ladies, I need HELP!!!

Okay, first of all with my surgeon it is Mushy and Crunchy. If it disolves in Water, such a crackers, it is allowed. cheese is also allowed also. My Dr stresses Low Fat or skim.

I guess the big question is how much. I take it you have been told 3/4 cup total also.

What guidelines did they give you? Maybe you need to call the Nutritionist. Perhaps you are getting close to a fill. Also My Dr and Nutritionist say they would rather have you eat a snack than pig out. Perhaps a few well planned Snacks will help.

But perhaps you need guidelines. I know every Dr is different, but 1/2 ounce of cheese and 4 crackers are okay when I get to that stage. Relax and just regroup. Don't beat yourself up. Just try to plan.

Let me know how you are doing Debbie

You fell down. You goofed. YUP.... But it's another moment, and you can move on from that. :thumbup: You can do this. We both can, as I've been struggling with that issue too.

HUGS

teri

Hun.

Dont beat ur self up to much....if what u did was "cheating" well i had better join the club, i started all of my stages early purly because i couldnt bare starving myself any longer and was so hungry! I did check in with the doctor and he said as long as i chewed it down...literally untill it was goo..it was fine. Every doctor seems to give different rules.......but please hunny, dont dwell on it. Its time to move on, tomorrow is a new day and nobody is perfect we all learn from our mistakes...like you i was also self pay. But i dont know if its just me....i didnt feel guilty one bit...i couldnt belive how good mash potato i was eating tasted!!! lmao lol

take each day at a time hunny, and were here to support you! so keep on posting xxxx

Thanks everyone. I am feeling better. I am just so darn hungry (I have no fill in and will not get one until 4 weeks post-op)!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!:thumbup:

I don't have a fill either, nothing until the 29th (almost 6 weeks). I'm hoping they bump it up. :lol:

Teri

Just because you paid $14,000 out of your pocket for surgery doesn't mean you magically became perfect. This is a learning process and you have to learn what to do and how to do it. Don't worry about this hurting your band. My surgeon let us move on to solid food as soon as we felt like it, so I can promise you it's okay. When you get filled the hunger will start to subside. Don't beat yourself up too much until then at least.

Thanks everyone, I feel so much better. My doctor is just pretty strict I guess, so I thought I was in the wrong. You guys have made me feel 100% better... You guys ROCK!!!!:teeth_smile: