Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting closer...getting way more nervous

Surgery is 3 days and a wakeup away! I am staring to think more and more about it of course. On my liquids I have lost 13.5 pounds. I have "cheated" though and the guilt is killing me. I am not hungry, stomach wise, but my mental hunger is still there. Please tell me someone understands that. I am used to eating even when I am not hungry. This battle is going to be mostly mental for me anyway. I am spending time this week making homemade Soups and pureeing them, then freezing them. I hate how much sodium store bought Soups have. I am going to be making homemade popsicles today and homemade chicken broth so I should be set. I haven't had the surgery yet, obviously, but I scared to death of my first fill. My doc does mainly bypasses and sleeves but since he is an insurance provider that is where I needed to go. He does first fills at 2 weeks post op and I am worried about it. We live 3 hours one way away from the doc so I can't just come back in a few days or so if he tries and it doesn't work...especially not with gas prices :-)!

The bad thing is walking around Walmart last night is I saw a lot of people just like me, morbidly obese. It is so sad to me that this surgery isn't easier for people to get if they need it. Seeing those folks renewed my wanting to do this. I want to be healthier and I want to look better :tongue2:. My hubby was helping me take off my bra last night cause it was hurting so bad on my shoulders, he saw the bruises the straps had caused and he just said, you need this surgery, you are going to feel so much better very soon. He is a sweetie, said what I needed to hear!

Laura

pre surgery with a large tummy, it hard to get your head around the idea

of not eating large quantities like what your use to.

Remember how you feel after going to a buffet and stuffing yourself. That is how your going to feel I am not kidding. Especially if you follow through with the rules of lapband and keep the band at a nice fill.

You will do fine!

Surgery is 3 days and a wakeup away! I am staring to think more and more about it of course. On my liquids I have lost 13.5 pounds. I have "cheated" though and the guilt is killing me. I am not hungry, stomach wise, but my mental hunger is still there. Please tell me someone understands that. I am used to eating even when I am not hungry. This battle is going to be mostly mental for me anyway. I am spending time this week making homemade Soups and pureeing them, then freezing them. I hate how much sodium store bought soups have. I am going to be making homemade popsicles today and homemade chicken broth so I should be set. I haven't had the surgery yet, obviously, but I scared to death of my first fill. My doc does mainly bypasses and sleeves but since he is an insurance provider that is where I needed to go. He does first fills at 2 weeks post op and I am worried about it. We live 3 hours one way away from the doc so I can't just come back in a few days or so if he tries and it doesn't work...especially not with gas prices :-)!

The bad thing is walking around Walmart last night is I saw a lot of people just like me, morbidly obese. It is so sad to me that this surgery isn't easier for people to get if they need it. Seeing those folks renewed my wanting to do this. I want to be healthier and I want to look better :). My hubby was helping me take off my bra last night cause it was hurting so bad on my shoulders, he saw the bruises the straps had caused and he just said, you need this surgery, you are going to feel so much better very soon. He is a sweetie, said what I needed to hear!

Laura

Laura hand in there. I was litterly ready to jump out of my skin the days before. It will be okay. I think we are all "liverphobic". You know I told one of the Drs that, I get talkative when I am nervous so before surgery I was chatty cathy. He didn't understand. I had to explain to him, they have told us, warned us about the size of our livers. EVERYONE freaks out. And in the end, our liver size is okay. Mostly that is why they want you to loose before. Also I think to get use to the protien drinks. I cheated in the months before, then when I found out I gained, I freaked out. I called the Nutritionist - TOLD her that I was going to do Meal Replacements with Boost Glucose Control and Glucerna and eat a healty dinner. And I cried when they weighed me before surgery. I was so overwhelmed with emotion because I had lost so much. My Surgeon was thrilled and I have been doing great.

Just do the best you can do it. And fills, they test you out and from what I hear they prefer to give less than too much. They fine tune.

You will be fine. Don't worry about the past, just concentrate on the future. Huggs - big bear hug - :thumbup: Debbie

It's funny but yours and my stories are quite similiar. I don't know to what extent you cheated on your diet, but I as well as others did too. Move past it and don't let the guilt get to you. You are only human. I had a piece of pizza two days before surgery. It was like I panicked. I was on a trip to Walmart too, and it seemed every obese person caught my eye. I would look at all the crap they were buying and it would help me know that I was making the right decision. I still have doubts, just having surgery on Wed. On the day of surgery everything seemed surreal. After surgery, I was like why did I do this to myself. I was also mad that I had to do the surgery and had let myself get this heavy. You will continue to have tons of emotion. They are all normal. I am sure they will fade! Good luck! Tamara