Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All, My name is Wendy and I was just banded on Tuesday, June 21, 2005. I have three children 21, 16, and 11. I am also one year away from my teaching degree with certification to teach grades k-8.

About the band... I am really missing 'REAL' food since I need to intake only Clear liquids. Any ideas what could possibly help? Also, does anybody else feel like there is a baby head stuck up in their ribs like me? Is it swelling inside? What could possibly feel like that? It feels really weird. :nervous

Also, don't have any idea how anybody could go to work the next day - I am two days post-op and can hardly bend over and pick stuff up from the floor. I seem to have a lot of pain in my five incisions. Each time I bend over I feel like my insides are going to explode out of my guts.

Guest demetria

Hi Wendy I Was Also Banded On Tuesday, June 21, 2005 And I Feel The Exact Same Way. Its Not The Incisions That Hurt But Its The Left Side Under My Breast. Sometimes Its This Burning Sensation Or Like You Said Something Stuck Under My Ribcage. Sometimes I Feel This Traveling Sensation Across My Stomach I Guess It Is Gas. I Am Really Sore. And Lets Not Talk About Bending Over That Is Out. I Also Wonder When This Will Pass.

I Guess I Should Tell You About Myself. I Am 38 A Mother Of Two Girls Ages 20 And 16. I Am 5"10 And Weigh 340 Lbs. I Was Thinking About Going Back To Work On Monday But I Dont Know.

Demetria,

Thanks for your response. What are you doing about the food? I decided to mix a little bit of instant mashed potatoes with my beef broth tonight - felt good - but now I feel nauseated. .....not sure what to do.... ....grrrrrr......

Welcome ladies...I was banded on June 13th..and I finally feeling good. I went back to work part time this week and the first part of the week was rough but toward Wed & Thurs it was alot better.

The best thing I was told is to walk, walk, walk & walk..that helps get the gas out. Now I will tell you it was just around the house when I come home but now I am up to almost 30 mins each time. That has really helped. I to had the gas pains and I thought at was worse then the surgery itself.

For food, I was aloud to come home from the hospital eating soft mushie food. Like cottage cheese, yoguart, sf pudding, sf Jello, mashed potatoes, grits (for those who like them), oatmeal. That type of stuff, basicly if I could swallow it with out chewing I can have it. Egg salad is good & I can chop the chicken VERY small and make chicken salad that was yummy this week..

Good luck to both of you....

I have been roaming around this site for months and you are the first person that I have read about being able to have "mushies" right out of the hospital! How many days were you in the hospital? Mine was a day surgery - in at 1:30 and out at 5:00pm and then a 3-hr. ride home *sigh*

This thing is still stuck in my ribs like a baby head and I think I am hungry just because I have not chewed - mental - I know - but still...

I think I just need some support and encouragement.

Here I am fixing supper for everyone in my house and I made the most delicious roasted chicken with veggies - low salt, no butter and I CAN'T EAT ANY!!! waa... Thanks for letting me unload... I think I'll go melt yet, some more Jello in my mouth and pretend like it is food and not horses hoofs that I am eating

My surgery was monday June 13th @ 7:30 am...I had nothing but ice chips monday through about 1:00 tuesday. Then tuesday they brought me ck broth, Jello, unsweet tea, & apple juice. I didn't eat much but got some down. They brought me the same thing for dinner @ 6:00 ate a little just so I could go home. Tuesday night I was home...Wed I had one small thing of SF pudding and @ 1/2 cup of veggie Soup broth. That was all I could eat, all day.

I know I haven't found any one who could eat mushies when they were sent home so I called my dietician (sp) & Dr about it, because they are the ones who told me about the site. They said that mushie/ pureed food were fine. As long as it could almost slide down without chewing they said it was fine or if I could chew it so fine that would be ok. Now I am keeping it at 1/3 of a cup at each meal and I need Protein first then a fruit or veggie. I always eat off a saucer so that I can think I have a alot of food...which it does. (I have lost @ 12 pounds since my surgery, 26 total since the first Dr's appt)

I am really sorry not to be able to offer you more help...hang there there are some any people who have been on liquids for 2 - 4 weeks after the surgery and they are doing great.

You are much better then me....I didn't fix my husband & son dinner any night. My mom would cook for them, or my husband would fix them something. He did tell me he was ready for me to start cooking again, because he has been doing since memorial day weekend, since I had to do the liquid diet 2 weeks before surgery. So I think I will fix something today for them.

Well please feel free to email me if you have any questions. The pain does get better..I promise. Today I final feel like I could be normal again. I still get tired but they say that will come with time.

Good Luck!!!!

Here I am fixing supper for everyone in my house

Sweetie....seriously, I think the issue here is you need to go LAY DOWN!!! You need to let your poor body heal. Tell those folks in your house to get their own dinner!! You've GOT to take care of your body! You've just been through something major and yeah, your stomach is swollen and you've got to be gentle! Healing is VERY important!!!

{{{Hugs}}}

I did not make Breakfast for anyone today and reminded them that Cereal was on the refri if they wanted it. I am not going to church either. I am just going to take this opportunity to rest while the house is empty.

Thank you for the good advice!

One more question... Does the gas ever go away completely? I am so full! I am taking Gas-X and also went to Wal-Mart and purchased another gas remedy with the name of "PhaZyme" that has more "simethicone" than Gas-X does. It never seems to end, however.:sick :tired