Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jammin January '07 Bandsters

Good idea!

So, I'm a little frustrated. DH is totally coping with food right now (mostly new baby, lack of sleep type stress), and it's making me crazy! He keeps bringing more crap into the house, and while I'm hardly eating anything, the little I am eating is about 50% garbage! I know I am the only one who can be responsible for what goes in my mouth, but a little support would be nice! We talked about it a little last night. He wants to lose some more weight too (he lost about 25 over the summer), but I guess he's just not ready to get back on the wagon. I was really hoping we'd both be in that frame of mind at the same time. Oh well, guess I just have to push through it and ignore the junk food.

On a more positive note, I am actually getting excited about going back to work because I get to join a gym! There was some talk of me becoming a SAHM, but I realized that I didn't want to have to scrimp and save as much as that would've required. Plus, I only work part-time, so I really get the best of both worlds. I'm looking at Fitness 19 and Anytime Fitness. Any of you belong to either of those? I'd love to hear some opinions. Anytime Fitness will work out a little cheaper in the long run, and they have group fitness classes, so I'm leaning that way. They both are right on my way home from work and both within two miles of my house. I can't wait!

Okay, it took me quite a while to figure out the SAHM...duh. :rolleyes2:

I deal with the DH eating habits to a small degree. We can have very different schedules so I can actually do my own thing very well. I do all the shopping so mostly it is me getting the crap in the house...corn chips!! But I'm looking forward to cleaning out my system starting tomorrow. I know I have a bag at work so I will bring them home for the DH to finish off. Unfortunately, his weight has gone up as mine has gone down. I have now stopped offering him the leftovers that I can't finish!! My bad!!

Day one of the pouch test...I made it..but I could eat the computer!! I even doubled up on the Protein in my last shake. I think I'm a bit low on the Water, so I need to be more attentive tomorrow. I'm going to have 16 oz's before bed then get to bed so I'm not thinking food!!

Good moring.....I started the 5 day pouch test yesterday and survived it. I actually had no choice, I had a fill yesterday, very small .1cc, which puts me back to 3.9 cc's. I believe this WILL be my last fill.

Anyhow, my entire family had a bug and was throwing up and also coming out the other end, not pretty. Well, yesterday around 2, I started feeling ill, and ended up dry heaving - since I have got the band, I CANNOT throw up. No matter what, I just dry heave, have you guys experienced this?

Anyhow, back to the 5 day pouch test, I had a shake yesterday and thats all I could eat all day, I'm sipping on a hot cocoa Protein Drink now, but can't get much down. My stomach is in knots. Anyhow, I had no choice but to do good yesterday and today. lol.

Okay, about the gym, I belong to ASPEN gym, its open 24 hours and is less than 1 mile from my house. I have NO excuse not to exercise. Plus, we have a free gym right here at work. I sometimes go down and do 15 to 20 min on the eliptical here at work.

I am hoping my fill works, its my 14th fill and I'm tired of trying. It seems to be doing pretty good so far. When he pulled my fill out to put more in, I had everybit of what he put in last time. Which is good. So I don't think I have a leak, I think I have a very fickle band. lol.

Sounds like day one was a success! I have decided to wait until next week to do this. I have some social obligations this week with people who do not know about my band, and I don't feel like coming up with excuses about why I'm eating the way I'm eating.

Anyway, Tonya -- I definitely can still throw up. There's lots of heaving and retching involved. It's not very pleasant. I managed to barf only once while preggo, and I'm vowing to never let it happen again!

My PB's have evolved to vomiting. I can feel all those stomachs squeezing. Lots of force. So I've tried to be careful. Weird thing is...sometimes I get that sour taste in the corner of my jaw...lets me know the food is being totally rejected (and it varies from time to time, what the food is) and I better head to the bathroom.

Okay, so the good news..I think. I weighed this morning....198!! Now, I am wondering when I start adding food today what the scale will do so I'm not quite willing to believe that I've actually made it below 200. SO, this isn't an official announcement..Next monday will be the truth. I don't want to get my hopes up. But I think it has given me some renewed motivation.

I was thinking about this last night intermittently while I was driving home. I decided that a part of me really didn't think it was possible for me to break that 200 barrier. And maybe as a result I stopped trying as hard as I needed. The mental aspect of this journey keeps unfolding!

198 - wow congratulations!!!!!

I know you are soooo soooo excited! Don't sweat the scale, I would wait and weigh on Monay if I were you. I doubt it will go up much, but just in case it does, this way - you will NEVER see 200 again!

I am on day 3 of the pouch test. I am not sure if I might have kinda cheated, but I don't think it was a cheat. We went to lunch today at Chili's, I got a bowl of chicken enchilada Soup. I didn't even eat 1/2 the bowl, and I mainly ate the soft chicken out of it....but besides that, I've done really good.

For dinner, I'm having some canned chicken mixed with a little spinach dip. yum yum.

Are you noticing anything Sula? I seem to be tighter, but it might have to do with my fill I just had. I notice drinking Water I have to slow down a lot too.

Well, I guess I'm the only weird one that CAN'T throw up. I barely or rarely even PB. hmmmmm.

Okay, talk to everyone later.

198!!! That is so awesome!!!

Would you guys mind posting what you eat for the last 3 days of the pouch diet? I'm just hoping to steal some ideas from you for next week.

I got my fill today. I'm up to 1.5ccs. And I lost 2 lbs! Okay, so that's pretty bad for a month, but not so bad for not even trying!

198!!! That is so awesome!!!

Would you guys mind posting what you eat for the last 3 days of the pouch diet? I'm just hoping to steal some ideas from you for next week.

I got my fill today. I'm up to 1.5ccs. And I lost 2 lbs! Okay, so that's pretty bad for a month, but not so bad for not even trying!

Congrats on losing 2 lbs!!!!

Here is a few things I plan on eating

Day 3 & 4 canned chicken breast mixed with a little spinach dip - tostiodos dip is pretty good 2 TBS is 50 cal (to give it moister and more flavor)

tuna salad - tuna mixed with some ff mayo and boiled egg white

creamed tuna - i make this with a litty cravy and tuna, sounds gross but really good

day 5 - ground hamburger meat seasoned with taco, with cheese and salsa mixed in

Hamburger Soup - its like a stew but made with hamburger

grilled fish

grilled chicken, marinated first to make sure its moist

Roast - cooked in crock pot all day

I don't plan on eating these things all at once and on the same day, just some ideas I thought of.

Day 5 is pretty much anything that is good Protein. The trick is to eat ONLY FOR 15 min. Then STOP.

Okay, gotta get back to work.

I had some scrambled eggs for Breakfast with sauted onions and mushrooms...took forever (not more that 15 mins) to eat...very restricted. Had a can of albacore tuna for lunch and almost couldn't keep it down. I started my Water 30 minutes later and thought I'd have to make a hasty escape from the mens group I was running!! I laid off the Water for about 15 more mins and all is well. I just had a Protein drink when I got home just cuz I was hungry. Tonight I'm going to do a dinner that I read out of a rotation diet book or some old diet thingy I did. chicken, yogurt and a few almonds with curry powder. I think there is something..oh some apples, but I don't think I can do the fruit so that may have to wait.

My main meat will be fish, turkey burger, chicken, canned and regular and tuna. I can't imagine eating a solid meat right now....like steak or something like that. Feels very restricted.

The client that put me on the idea of the pouch test sent me this for "day six"

WHAT I EAT ON DAY 6. Here's a sample for ya:

8:00 - coffee w/SF creamer

10:00 - scrambled egg w/1 TBSP shredded cheese and 1-2 TBSP fresh salsa

12:00 (option 1) - 4 oz Protein (fish, chicken, hamburger patty, etc.) + sliced Tomato (probably 1/2 of a large)

12:00 (option 2) - 2 slices deli ham, 1 string cheese (easy when I'm on the run)

3:00 - SF pudding

6:00 - 4 oz protein (fish, chicken, etc.) + side of brocolli (or green beans) and sliced tomato

8:00 - SF pudding

**Sometimes I add in 1-2 "Peanut Butter Protein Balls" for extra calories and protein. Even then, very rarely does my calorie intake go over 1000. I try not to do them too often because they tend to make me not poop (sorry TMI).

Peanut butter protein balls is basically 2 cups of Peanut Butter, 1 cup of dry milk (nonfat), 1 cup

Well, hell...missed the last line cutting and pasting.

of vanilla Protein powder and 8 packets splenda. Makes about 36 balls with 9g Protein each.

Also, the lady who first gave me the idea of lapband...had not ever heard of it before a two years ago. She was eating a couple of pancakes for Breakfast on Sunday and couldn't keep them down. PB's and then began to feel worse and worse. Severe abdominal pains so she finally went to the ER and thought maybe it was her gall bladder. Gave her some good drugs and she went home, only to have them wear off and she was in excruitating pain and went back. They did a MRI or CAT scan and discovered her band had slipped. She had to have emergency surgery and the doc said he thought that maybe the mexican doc (original one) hadn't attached the band to her stomach (you know those little stitches to hold it there). So, new band, back to the band hell of liquids forever. AND here is the next big kicker. I called her and asked how she was doing. She had just had some mashed potatoes thinned with gravey. I as giving her a lecture but she doesn't listen to me. Lots of excuses.

So, now I'm paranoid about my band slipping.

The Peanut Butter balls sound soooo good, I'm going to try and make some!!!!

I feared a slip band as well, but not so. If you have problems, I would go see your doc. What type of problems are you having? Or are you just fearful? I was so paronoid of it for a while, but not so paranoid any longer. Besides, I rarely rarely rarely PB. I heard a lot of PB would cause it?

Edited by Sunshine2

Tonya, I think I'm just paranoid. I have noticed more heartburn, like last night when all I had was water!! But a lot of it. I take some tums and it goes away.

When I PB, like my eggs, this morning, it will evolve from a PB to a vomit, like from my toes. I feel (think I feel) like it is both of my stomachs squeezing. Like when you have the flu. That has been going on for a few months..Probably once or twice a week. And sometimes for no particular reason.

Now, since I've been doing this pouch diet, I stopped myself from vomiting. I PB's the scrambled eggs (I only had about three or four bites and just couldn't eat more) and then I mentally got a hold of myself and didn't let it get into a vomit. So, that is what I'm going to do from now on. I don't know that I've slipped, I'm just paranoid.

When I read that slippage site on here (link) I should just stay away from the complications from lapband site LOL I start jumping at shadows.

Pretty restricted today so I just had some Soup for lunch with some chicken sausage. Ate very slowly and all is well. I'm feeling GREAT.

I think if you have a slippage, you PB on like EVERYTHING. I think our bands some times are tighter than other times. I reading a site awhile back (forget where I read it) and it said "if you are getting the band, be prepared that your restriction will change, not only day to day, but meal to meal." I find this is soooo true!

By the way, made the Peanut Butter Protein balls last night, OH MY, yum yum. Now I am going to have to use some self control so I don't eat the entire batch in one day!

Okay, heading off to work .............