Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tracyinks Time for TT! FREAKY

I can not believe I'm starting a thread on here but I had a major development today and it looks like I'm a go for a TT!

So, as I've said in other posts my insurance DOES cover skin removal after WLS (my band was also covered) but documentation of rashes and skin break down is needed to prove Medical Necessity. I have no rashes or break down so I knew approval would be slim to none but went ahead and scheduled a consult for today anyway......... (dawn did nothing)

Also, I was browsing my insurance website (the one I can log into and look at my claims and such) and I see a link on there for Deep Discounts with affilate partners...... things like discounts on Lasik, Jenny Craige, etc... and Plastic Surgery is one of them....... so I clicked on the link which took me to a form. The short of it is this place works directly with PS and offer discounts because they handle the appointments, surgery dates and financing all in house......... anyway..... she was rattling off prices and finance terms when we finally got to the address of the doc she would be setting me up with..... and low and behold it is the same practice I was scheduled at today! Not the same doc, but the same group. If I went today I would be offered no discount, and have a tiny chance insurance would cover..... or if I go next week under their appointment and agreement, I would be offered the discount and financing... so I said what the hell, run my credit and see if I'm approved.. she did and I am! (barely) but I am.........so my consult is NEXT week, and I will find out then when my surgery is and sign the finance agreement.

SO OMG I am freaking out! This TT looks to be coming to fruition!

I will tell you that when all is said and done, my monthly payments were quoted to being $217.00 a month for EVER! LOL... seriously though I wasn't listening closely because I really thought I wouldn't be approved.

I am scared of going in and telling my boss that I need time off work.... I will be sooooo disappointed if this all falls through, but right now I'm riding the Happy Train!

and what better motivation to drink my dang Water and shed this water weight!:crying:

Edited by TracyinKS

I am so stinking nervous! IF this this works out... I may have to have my surgery in OCTOBER due to work fluctuations. I'm really hoping to be off 2 weeks or less. I have a desk job. The same anxiety I had when taking the plunge to get my band is ever present.

I'm also nervous about telling DH, as he already resents my band and my band friends....... but that is another issue all together. I'm trying to go back and find a bunch pics to look at.... I look down at my belly roll over my pants and I think... is it all worth THAT being gone?

will I hate my breasts, arms, legs more if I have a flat belly? If anyone has a quick link to their before and after tt pics I would sure appreciate it, or emailing them to me too. I don't want to see all the flat bellied skinny already people, I want to see those that are like me.... DEFLATED BELLY FLAP! LOL

I am so stinking nervous! IF this this works out... I may have to have my surgery in OCTOBER due to work fluctuations. I'm really hoping to be off 2 weeks or less. I have a desk job. The same anxiety I had when taking the plunge to get my band is ever present.

I'm also nervous about telling DH, as he already resents my band and my band friends....... but that is another issue all together. I'm trying to go back and find a bunch pics to look at.... I look down at my belly roll over my pants and I think... is it all worth THAT being gone?

will I hate my breasts, arms, legs more if I have a flat belly? If anyone has a quick link to their before and after tt pics I would sure appreciate it, or emailing them to me too. I don't want to see all the flat bellied skinny already people, I want to see those that are like me.... DEFLATED BELLY FLAP! LOL

Hi Tracy, I have that deflated belly flap, actually 2 of them. I will be having my TT on Oct 23. I have done so much reasearch that I swear at times my husband is going to take my computer away because of it. I go and look at and read alot on Make Me Heal. Theres alot of Before and afters, also alot of information on thier TT message boards. Last week it was all boobies I was looking at. Tryng to imagine what mine will look like once they get re-inflated. Anyways good luck with your upcomng consutation.:smile2:

Kelly

Thanks Kelly!

I broached the subject of actually having surgery with DH last night and he did the same thing that he did when talking about my band..

WHAT WILL BE REQUIRED OF HIM? LoL

Then I did the ceremonial staring at my naked belly in the mirror. I swear it looks like a lumpy sack of potatoes hanging off the front of me! LOL

Oh yeah the staring at it in the mirror ceremony. Yep I do that do, except I try and move it all off to the side as to be able to imagine it gone. I just cannot see in my head what I will look like without them, that's sad that they have been there as long as i can imagine.

PULL UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pull down! LOL

The scheduler called and confirmed my appointment, and asked if I had a date in mind. The scarey thing is.. for WORK fluctuations I really need it to happen soon...... like 10/14 or 10/15 before my major busy time of the year hits, and my boss is taking a cruise and then holidays............ this totally freaks me out. IF the surgeon has an opening and we agree that I will benefit from a full tt, then I'm going to be really freaking out!

Is there any chance you can do a breast lift at the same time? I only ask because the research I've done REALLY seems to indicate that those two work well together and people seem to be happier with their TT's when they do the ladies at the same time. Just a thought.... but I wish you the very best of luck at your appointment and I hope this all works out for you!!!!

post-44447-13813667403753_thumb.jpg

post-44447-13813667404595_thumb.jpgTracy: You are going to love having a flat tummy. It really changes your perspective on all the weight you've lost. Suddenly, you look so much better that you understand what you've truly accomplished. Believe me, it its worth it! Maybe you can have your surgery on the same day as mine, that would be cool (Oct. 15th). Here is a before and after of my TT and BL. Keep in mind that I'm having an anchor revision of my TT with my lower body lift.

post-210723-13813137662418_thumb.jpg

post-210723-13813137662699_thumb.jpg

post-210723-13813137663109_thumb.jpg

Tracy,

Not that I'm taking your husband's side but...

You changed all of the rules -

• you lost weight
  • you keep "talking" to people that he doesn't know
  • you are trying to make yourself look even better

He doesn't understand why you need to look better, after all he loves you. In man rationale it could only mean that you want to look better for other people - possibly other men.

Of course he won't verbalize any of this because he is really not in touch with why it makes him irritable. He just doesn't "get" it. He might talk about it if you gently and artfully direct him into the conversation. I know that you are happy with your decisions but take a step back and reassure him. Definitely do it but keep in mind that he is scared for you and scared of what this might mean for him.

Good luck!

Karey thanks for the PICS!!!!!!!!

Cora: I would love to get my arms and breasts done at the same time, but it would be a recoop and money issue... I'm about ready to accept my arms.. but I've hated them since my senior year in HS!

Steph: I know you are right....... its his insecurity talking.... I have been gently guiding him into the tt talk. I told him that if I had a chance I would be getting it done next month, otherwise I'd have to wait..... When I met him I had just lost 80 lbs doing strict LC, I was wearing size 12's snugly, and funny those same jeans are now my loose comfy jeans....... I quickly began gaining weight when he started cooking and buying groceries.. I ballooned up to 272 and felt miserable..... He chided me for eating Low Carb... anyway... I didn't think he would support my band... and he has tried, but in the beginning he really despised watching me eat so little. Now he gets ticked when I don't make my son clean his plate.. as I refuse to raise him as a card carrying member of the "clean your plate club"

Thanks everyone for your comments, insights and pics!

Friday is going to take forever to get here!

As a guy, I have to agree with Steph. In addition, he might really have something to worry about. Nothing bad insinuated against Tracy, but I'm sure we've ALL seen the "my marriage is now falling apart" posts after WLS and cosmetic surgeries.

Good luck Tracy. Beware that this takes a LOT more energy than you would expect, don't be surprised to be very tired for a while. A desk job should be ok in two weeks. Twisting HURTS, you'll get very conscious of your every move.

Tracy

Congrats! I am sure it will all work out!

As for your marriage if it is strong before it will be ok. I had problems before surgery and still do....so no telling there what affect it really had!

:thumbup: GOOD LUCK!

Hugs

Thanks Brandy and Manatee!

We do have issues, mainly because for us its both our 2nd marriages.. and I personally think 2nd marriages are harder than 1st's because during first marriages most times (in our case) we were both young, dumb and in love and that's where baggage is created! LOL... I don't think I'll ever be as "in love" as I was for my 1st marriage, and that's a sad but true fact. He has 3 kids by his first wife and we didn't have sex for a year because he was so freaked out that I would trick him into having a child (because thats what his first wife did on #3)

I was cheated on he was cheated on...... baggage baggage baggage

I'm not a cheater, he's not a cheater.... but if I did get cheated on, it wouldn't hurt so bad this time.... anyway......... only time will tell, we now have his oldest living with us full time, he adopted my son and the other two spend several weeks in the summer and everyother weekends.... that in itself is stressful.... I am doing this for me, and he gets the benefit of my flatter tummy, and me maybe being more adventurous because I feel better about it...... :thumbup: We will see if it even happens.