Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today's surgeries... september 25th

I didn't get this posted yesterday. I'm thinking and praying for you two today... if there are others please feel free to comment, or let me know, so I can add you.

We're thinking of you today,

Hawki14

and

Slim-n-tn

Just think... in 3 months it's christmas, and in 3 months we're skinnier and healthier :crying:

Teri

I didn't get this posted yesterday. I'm thinking and praying for you two today... if there are others please feel free to comment, or let me know, so I can add you.

We're thinking of you today,

Hawki14

and

Slim-n-tn

Just think... in 3 months it's christmas, and in 3 months we're skinnier and healthier :crying:

Teri

Thanks so much. Skinny sounds so good to me right now.

Hope you all did fantasic. Remember to stay hydrated and sip.

You might feel like crap today, but each day you WILL better and better.

Debbie :smile2:

Hope you all did fantasic. Remember to stay hydrated and sip.

You might feel like crap today, but each day you WILL better and better.

Debbie :smile2:

Thanks Debbie. I can't believe it, but I don't feel bad at all right now. I know that is subject to change at any time. I have been sipping all afternoon, but my mouth still feels full of cotton. Are there any tips for that?

Edited by *slim*
correct spelling

sugar free Popsicles. They melt in your mouth and help a lot. Much better than ice. Might help you. Debbie :smile2:

I found that I had a nasty taste in my mouth and everything tasted bad. Had to be the anthesia, couldn't have been that "happy" drug. :bored:

sugar free Popsicles. They melt in your mouth and help a lot. Much better than ice. Might help you. Debbie :smile2:

I found that I had a nasty taste in my mouth and everything tasted bad. Had to be the anthesia, couldn't have been that "happy" drug. :bored:

You take that back! (said with a big pout) My "happy" drugs would never do anything to hurt me. It LOVES me.:sad: LOL

I am going to get a SF popsicle right now. Thanks.

You take that back! (said with a big pout) My "happy" drugs would never do anything to hurt me. It LOVES me.:tt1: LOL

I am going to get a SF popsicle right now. Thanks.

Okay, laughing hurts, :sad::lol::D:lol::D:lol::lol: Too Funny :smile2:

Too bad they don't give little samples to take home with you. ha ha ha ha ha

You know, someone might read this and get the wrong impression - :tt2:

Having way too much fun - Debbie :bored:

Okay, laughing hurts, :D:lol::D:lol::lol::lol::tt1: Too Funny :smile2:

Too bad they don't give little samples to take home with you. ha ha ha ha ha

You know, someone might read this and get the wrong impression - :tt2:

Having way too much fun - Debbie :bored:

Ouch. It does hurt, but that was so worth it.:sad:

Ouch. It does hurt, but that was so worth it.:bored:

We will have to do this again some time. You know, they do say laughter is the best medicine. Maybe next time we can compare scars.......

:smile2: Take Care Debbie

How are you feeling after your surgery today? Mine is Monday and I'm getting kind of nervous. Someone had trouble yesterday, I've been waiting to hear from her and haven't, and now I'm kind of scared. Hope you're both/all doing well.

How are you feeling after your surgery today? Mine is Monday and I'm getting kind of nervous. Someone had trouble yesterday, I've been waiting to hear from her and haven't, and now I'm kind of scared. Hope you're both/all doing well.

I really feel awesome:thumbup:. I am not really in any pain. I haven't had any gas pains. I did get right up and walked around a lot at the hospital. The only thing that has tried to be painful for a little bit is the spot where my port is. That incision is about an inch long. My other incisions are only about a quarter inch long. I don't even feel them. I felt so good in recovery that I had to ask if I was banded. I know that everyone is different with how they feel. It can be a combination of factors (your surgeon, tolerance to pain, etc). I can only hope that I continue to feel this good. I have heard that even though you feel good on day 1, that the next few days can be awful. I am crossing my fingers on that one.

I hadn't heard about the person that was having trouble.

I wish you and everyone else well.

It can be a combination of factors (your surgeon, tolerance to pain, etc). I can only hope that I continue to feel this good. I have heard that even though you feel good on day 1, that the next few days can be awful. I am crossing my fingers on that one.

I hadn't heard about the person that was having trouble.

I wish you and everyone else well.

I hope you continue to feel well also. Keep us posted. I'm watching closely, and I'll be posting through my experience (mon) as well. And--Thank you for sharing. It helps!! :tongue2:

No problem at all. I am glad that I was able to ease some of your fears. You will do great on Monday! Definitely keep us posted of your progress. It really helps to know that there are other people that you can speak to about what is going on with this new life and actually have them understand.

Hey Slim,

How are you doing? Gas moving on out? Remember walking helps move it along.

Trust me, it only gets better. Last night - no port pain!!!!! :tongue2: I slept on my left side. My third boob is smaller too. And best of all - I got to eat thinned cream of wheat and some milk. food - no more Jello for me. Funny - 1/4 cup thinned cream of wheat, 1/4 cup of milk and I couldn't drink my juice. Never in my life has so little filled me up so fast.

I love my band. Debbie

Hey Slim,

How are you doing? Gas moving on out? Remember walking helps move it along.

Trust me, it only gets better. Last night - no port pain!!!!! :tongue2: I slept on my left side. My third boob is smaller too. And best of all - I got to eat thinned cream of wheat and some milk. food - no more Jello for me. Funny - 1/4 cup thinned cream of wheat, 1/4 cup of milk and I couldn't drink my juice. Never in my life has so little filled me up so fast.

I love my band. Debbie

Hey. The gas is moving. I have been trying to get up every 30 minutes and walk the hall of my house. Every time I do that, a little more gas comes up. I can't seem to burp when I feel like it, but when I walk it seems to force it's way out. I still feel really good considering I had surgery.

How are you doing? I know you are glad that the third boob is going down. Maybe you won't look like an alien much longer:tt2:. I know that you are glad to have something other than Jello and broth. I have to stay on Clear liquids until next week when I have my first post op appointment. I am not really feeling hungry anyway which is a good thing. I don't have trouble drinking though. Did your belly swell after you got home? When I left the hospital yesterday, it looked ok, but when I got up this morning, the area right below my breasts is so swollen. I look pregnant! Egads! :wink2:

I can't wait to see how it looks in a few weeks. Let me know how you are going!