Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Repositioning port

I don't know where my post went but I am wondering if anyone has had to have their port repositioned?

Mine has flipped and I am wondering if you know why?

Had a good reply today that it was the dissolving stitches that may have caused it.

If that is true, I sure don't want the same thing again.

Would love to hear from any of you.

Surgery scheduled for Thursday.

jazie

My port has fell over as well..used to stand up like this ( l )..now it looks like this ( ) with most of the port under my rib cage. I'm waiting for approval from my insurance to pay to have it positioned correctly. Doc says it is caused from loss of fat in that area..probably true..I have lost most of the inches from my middle. Good luck!

That sounds logical. I have lost just about what you have so maybe that is the answer. Another bander said her dr said she was the 3rd patient of his that this happened to, and they all had the dissolving stitches. That sounds possible also. I may go in to see my dr tomorrow, I am not feeling that well and I want to make sure there is no infection. If I do I will ask his opinion.

Jazie

I am a little over 5 weeks out and have had two vists for a fill and was told they cant locate it. I am seeing the Doctor next Thursday. If in fact mine needs re-positioning, what is the procedure?:lol:

I had to go back in hospital and be put to sleep. then they repositioned the port, sewed it good (I hope). The surgery was not bad and not as long as the long as the first one. I had a little more recovery time, but after a few days I was as good as new. I can feel my port now and it still feels parallel to my skin. I could only feel a corner before. I had my initial surgery on July 1, 2008. I have lost 41 lbs, so the port is a lot more visible now.

It is not bad so don't worry. When he did the port he also put in my 3rd fill and I feel the restriction now.

Good luck,

jazie

I had my band put in 2/08, with a successful surgery and postop check at 2 weeks. Then we had some long distance emergency travel come up and I was unable to see my Dr. until March. No fill because I had been ill. Golfed in May and felt something like a muscle "popping" in my abdomen. Immediately the previous stretching/straining muscle pain in my port area stopped and I felt instant relief. Saw Dr. in June---he couldn't locate the port and I had to have a revision the next week. Done outpatient, full sedation, they located the port, filled it and sewed it again (tightly). Felt like a puppet....lift my right arm and felt like my left leg would shoot into the air!! LOL! It is a constant annoyance for me to feel that port straining. But the procedure was quick and straightforward with no complications or surprises. Good Luck!