Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chicken broth!!! Chicken broth!!!

I am so tired of chicken broth and protien shakes if I sip on anymore chicken broth i might just go mad and i'm just a week post surgery.

Is there anything else out there besides chicken broth my Doctor said I have to be on Clear Liquids for 3 weeks I have one week down 2 to go.

Your sugestions please on what other clear liquids I can have?

Thanks

What is a clear liquid diet?: A clear liquid diet is a diet that consists of food and drinks that are clear, meaning you can see through them. In this type of diet, you aren't limited to colorless food and drink; you are limited to food and drink that are clear. Example: apple juice has color , yet is still clear.

What is included in the clear liquid diet? : You can consume clear juices, ices, hard candy, and Gelatin. See examples below.

Examples of clear juices and beverages. : Apple juice, grape juice, cranberry juice are okay but without the pulp. fruit punch is okay but you may want to dilute it with Water. Strained lemonade and limeade,

Beverages: coffee, tea (hot or cold), Kool-Aid, clear sodas, and Water are all acceptable.

Soups: Bouillon, broths, fat free consommé, and strained vegetable broth are all good choices for the clear liquid diet.

Sweets: Fruit ices without milk, fruit ices without fruit pieces, plain Gelatin dessert, popsicles, are okay.

Other Foods and Drinks: jelly (without seeds), honey are also acceptable.

Guest Leslie2Lose

You may want to check with your doctor to see if he'll move you up to liquids (non-clear). Every doc is different - mine moved me up, but don't do it unless it is okay with him.

Once you get to regular liquids egg-drop Soup is wonderful - just make sure that you strain anything clumpy. I also became fast friends with my blender. Veggie Soup - blended. chicken Noodle - blended (tastes so much better than broth). If you like bean soup (blend it). Very liquid refried Beans are good too (get them from a Mexican restaurant) - high in Fiber and Protein. I also did a lot of Jello and popcicles. Hang in there - it will be worth it. Liquids and mushies really do suck, but they are only temporary :-)

Your post made me laugh - remembering how I prepped before my surgery. I had read everyone's posts and had premade enough broth style Soup to last 3 weeks - well my dr ended up only having me do clears for 2-3 days and i was on mushies after 1 week.

That said I was very concerned with getting bored so I basically thought of all my favorite broth based Soups - made them but strained out all the chunks. Probably one of the more wasteful things I've done but it made me feel like I was getting something special.

I made: chicken tortilla soup, french onion with some madeira, italian wedding and a ham/bean/vege that has a semi spicy/sweet broth made from honey baked ham.

Good luck and hang in there!