Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Cross Fitters out there??

I was just curious if there are any other banders that do Cross Fit as their exercise regimen? I have been doing the cross fit training for about 11 weeks and feel like it is a really great workout. I work with a trainer and we have a group of us that workout together. It makes it a lot more fun and really makes you work hard!

Thanks!

Sheila

what is it?? I need to add something to my exercise routine to kick start my weight loss. I cycle and I walk, but I need to add some variety.

Would love to hear more about it.....

Traci

Wow Sheila! I'm impressed!

A few guys at work do the Cross Fit program and I've taken a look at it. That is some pretty rigorous exercise. I haven't attempted it, although I think it's probably a great program. Everything can be accomplished at home I believe. No gym required, right?

HP-check out the link...navigate around. There are videos and stuff. They design the workout, you don't have to try to figure out what's next. You just do the next day on the list. Pretty cool. Very police and military oriented. Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness

~C

thats pretty cool....looks like a tough workout...wow!!!

Hi carol!!!!!

Hi Carol!

Thanks! I do feel really great doing the program. It is pretty vigorous but can be adjusted to just about anyone's fitness level. You can do it anywhere which is what i really love about it. We workout at the complex where I live. My trainer Anthony can take just about anything and turn it into a workout! We do use some equipment but it is all provided by the trainer so I didn't need to buy anything or bring anything to the workouts.

Thanks!

Sheila

Hi Sheila, Hi HP,

That is awesome! I may consider doing the Cross Fit at some point. Right now I am focusing on just exercising. Just getting to the gym and even getting to the point that exercise needs to be as much a part of my daily routine as brushing my teeth, you know?

I feel like I need to start somewhere and just doing it is part of that. Once I get in better shape with more stamina, I will start to incorporate more variety and more challenges.

I'm glad you like it. I've not heard from any girls on the program. Good to know it's doable!

~C

my wife and i both do cross fit. i am pre-surgery and was wondering if anyone on this forum does CF. I love it after 30 days, but have actually gained a couple of pounds since starting. Frustrating but supposedly I gained 14 lbs. of muscle. Very exhilarating workouts and the variety keeps boredom down.

I completed my first CrossFit workout yesterday. Thought I was going to die!!! I love tough workouts, but it kicked my butt thoroughly! I can't wait to gain the benefits of doing it regularly. I go to CF Sparta in Lutz, FL. Anyone else out there? If you live in the area let me know and we can cheer each other on and keep accountable.