Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 24th band surgeries

I have to say that all of you ladies are amazing! It is so nice to see everyone doing so well after surgery. Debbie, I really like what you said about helping someone out of their fat cocoon. That is so awesome! I can only hope that I am able to be sucess story for my PCP and surgeon. My PCP was never against the surgery at all, but I could tell that she wonders if I will be able to make a go of it since I was not able to do it on my own. I hope I can prove it to her and myself. I hope we all can. You all have a great day!

Thank you for remembering me and everything appears to be doing fine so far

Anyone else amazed at the results! I was told how the weight just drops off but I guess I didn't fully believe it until now!! 11 lbs in 8 days for me!!

I start pureed foods today - any suggestions for yummy purees out there?

Melody

Hi fellow September 24th bandsters (well sort of). I wanted to just stop in and say hello. I was first banded in January 08 and my band had a leak and I was rebanded last week along with you September Samurais.

Congratulations on being banded and I hope you will all be successful with the band! It's a life changing journey if you want it to be and if you work with the band properly. Each of you will have different experiences along the way. At some points it will be hard and you'll wonder if it's worth it, but just remind and encourage yourself to keep going because it is worth it (at least I think it is) and because you deserve it! If you gain weight one week, don't come down so hard on yourself and remember it's one week out of the entire year. Try to be positive and notice the small changes along the way because they help put things into perspective. And don't let people tell you that you took the easy way out because it's a lot of hard work!

I forgot what it was like to be banded until I had to go through it again! My revision was not as invasive as the first one as all my dr. had to do was remove the old band and put in a new one (so there's not a tremendous amount of healing to do because most of the scar tissue is formed already to hold the band in place, but there is a small amount of new stitching that needs to heal). The first few days were just as rough as the first go-around though, but after that I have recovered a lot quicker than the first time. However, I'm still on the the post-op diet like the rest of you so I can empathize (gotta love them liquids! So happy to be on pureeds now!)

Now that a week has gone by, it seems like most of you are feeling much better, which I'm happy to hear! It might feel like the first month or so will seem to drag on, especially with the post-op diet and you'll think you'll never get to chew real food again, but I promise, you will! It will pass, and before you know it, you'll be 2,3,5,8 months post-op and you'll wonder where the time went!

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, and I will answer them to the best of my ability!

Melody, I found out at the age of 20 that baby food is actually pretty good (who knew)! I'm a fan of the oatmeal and pears (or apples). I add some sweetnlow because it doesn't come sweetened and you would think you're eating the most delicious apple cobbler/crisp you've ever had.

Cream of Tomato Soup is good and I add in some ricotta cheese to up the Protein, plus it adds a nice flavor. I also just microwave some ricotta (you could use cottage cheese too) with some Tomato sauce and add basil and garlic and onion powder! It's like a good Pasta dish minus the Pasta.< /p>

I made some cream of sweet potato Soup with babyfood sweetpotatoes (again the baby food). I did 1 jar of Stage 2 (I think like 3-4oz jar) and add a half cup of skim milk and like 1/4cup of Water and I heated it and added a bit of ricotta cheese and garlic/onion powder, salt and pepper and it was really good too. It had a nice sweetness to it too.

The first time around I had butternut squash soup which I made from jarred butternut squash and followed the recipe on the jar. I also made a cream of cauliflower soup which was good too. I think I have the recipe if you want it. I think I found it here on LBT.

Be well everyone!

-Redtulips

Edited by RedTulips3

Today is 9 days post-surgery and I am feeling quite well. Little bit of soreness in my port area. Got my staples out on Wednesday (exactly 1 week after surgery) and I am glad to have them gone. Did get one small incision near my bra line and had I read about that ahead of time, I would have asked most certainly not to put one there as it is a bit irritating. But I am still wearing the bra (think there must be a law against not wearing one when you are my size....lol). Since starting the liquid diet pre-surgery, I have lost 22 pounds and I am so excited. I know this is a life-time journey, but one I am glad to be on. Hearing from other bandsters helps w/ the understanding and keeps me motivated. Let's ALL keep up the good work!