Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 24th band surgeries

We hope and pray your surgeries go well, and you're on the mend quickly.

If I miss someone please just let us know.

Good luck :

mdaragen,

littlesweet

h@rt*smommy

4Emma&Erick

JamImagine

Cassy

Taimhott

and

AnatolyM

You're in my prayers.

teri

Banding tomorrow 9/24 -- have to be at hospital at 7:30 a.m. Excited!

Thanks guys! Here I sit not believing that after almost 11 months it is happening in less than 12 hours. I have to be at the hospital at 7:45 am. I will be staying overnight and will hopefully check in on Thursday! Tamara

I hope that you all are going well after your surgery. Let us know how you are as soon as you can!

After being almost sure I was dying on Wednesday, I have turned a corner with the pain and am feeling quite less sore today. I must say I anticpated surgery to have some pain, but I am not so sure I was prepared for the amount that I had. I had, even with all the anti naseau drugs and Patches, severe nausea after surgery and was dry heaving. Not good! I did take advantage of the morphine every hour. I am not too proud to say it. I also was given anti nausea meds every four hours. I was released around 3 pm yesterday, and am soo happy I was there overnight. I needed to be there and I needed the pain meds. I have not had really any problems with gas pain. It seems to be coming out on its own. LOL. Now the real problem is how do you get all that Fluid in. I am positive I will lose about 20 pounds just this week, YAY. Does anyone know how long these staples stay in??? I wanted to again thank all of you for all the information I had going into this surgery. I know for a fact I was more knowledgeable than half of the nurses about this procedure. She actually brought me my first drink with a straw in it. I was like NO, NO! I would personally like to thank Deb who just had surgery too, who reminded me that I did not want an incision anywhere close to my bra line. Keeping in mind the problems she had I while laying on the operating table spoke my last words "I have large breasts and I NEED to wear a bra, please do not cut near my bra line". He in response said we have no need to do that. And then I was in recovery. I did double check as soon as I could where the incisons were, and to my relief he did not cut near my bra line, and I am wearing and have been wearing one ever since. I could go on and on about my expereinces, but for now I must get more sleep. I could not have done this without you guys. Thanks Tamara. I hope everyone is feeling well.

Yesterday I was sore, yet I had no problem in holding liquids down -- but this morning it became much worse. I cannot push down even a sip of water... Guess I will be calling my surgeon soon, I am not freaking out yet, but pretty close to that.

Hey there - I am new to the group....but I just got banded on 9/24. I am hoping the pain from my incisions stops soon as that seems to be the only trouble I am having.

I had my surgery in Rochester, NY (as I live in Farmington, NY) and my surgeon didn't use stitches or staples - just internal stuff with sterie strips. I have been taking my bandaids off one by one to see how things look and so far so good.

My surgeon has me on a pudding/yogurt/cream soup/protein shake diet until I meet with him again. So far the cream Soup (99% fat free - no chunks) works the best. I only took pain meds through Thrusday as Tylenol is giving me the same results. Luckily - I never experienced the nausea (but never have from surgery).

I'm looking forward to sharing this adventure with you all!

Melody

Melody, Congradulations on doing so fantastic. :) You were banded the day after me so we are pretty close in Post Op Days. I am on the same full liquid diet. I just can't eat very much and yesterday I resorted to SF Popsicles. It's weird, I can eat all my Breakfast, but hardly any of my dinner.

Tamara, I just discovered why one of my incisions hurts, my stupid boob is rubbing on it. Worse, I swear all the weight I lost came off my boobs and they hand even more :mellow: At least you thought ahead and said something, good for you. And, what a small world, they brought me a straw too! I guess the surgical nurses are not use to this. I had to explain the process to her.

Okay I have a weird question for anyone. How long should it take you to have this food go through you? The Nutritionist told me to drink Prune juice if this happened, but the thought almost killed me so I bought some baby prunes, at least they are not liquid. I am close to eating them, but I hope and pray it will come on it's own. I could always drink "normal" milk and have some "lactose intolerance". That would fix me up :lol:

Take care everyone. Glad you are all doing so fantastic! Debbie

I started colace the day that I came home and acutally went to the bathroom the night before last. I think I had to take a total of 3 pills. It is not much to speak of, but it made me feel better. Good luck! Tamara

What is everyone eating. I think I am scared of my band, and am not eating enough at all. I was just wondering how everyone else was doing. Thanks

Not having any issues with "eliminating"...but I've been eating quite a variety of stuff (Jello, pudding, popsicles, cream Soup, etc) So it's gone through quite well!

Took a solo trip to store today and did well....I'm heading back to work tomorrow but I teach at a local college so I guess sitting in class talking isn't much different than sitting at home talking!

More later - best wishes!

Melody

i was sucessfully banded on 9/24 in hartford ct. i woke up this morning and the intense pain was gone- i was left with mild discomfort- no pain meds since yesterday afternoon.......i was staying with my sister until i felt o to take care of myself and my animals- i felt so good i came home this afternoon- nice to be in my own home- i am having a hard time getting all the fluids in and i havenot lost an ounce since the pre op liq diet....anyone else finding this issue? congrats to all we are on our way:thumbup:

I am pretty sure tissue swells after surgery. It is pretty pissed of from being "man handled". I think our tummy is saying :biggrin: and holding Fluid.

If I recall, almost everyone who was weighed the day of their surgery, said they lost very little in the first weeks after their surgery. I don't think any of us should freak out. I know that I have eaten LESS than I was allowed, and it is not much to begin with.

When I went to the Dr Saturday, I had only lost 1 pound. But I am charting my inches. Embarrasing as it is to see those numbers, I measured myself before surgery and Saturday. I lost inches, even around my tummy which is still swollen. So excuses aside, I am sure we have all lost inches! And I didn't excersise at all. I am now up to two 30 minute walks a day.

My Dr was so shocked I thought he was going to fall over. He just kept saying "4 days post op......... You had your surgery Tuesday?!?"

I loved it. He could not believe that my Diabetis got better so quickly. My sugar became normal almost immediately and since they (the surgeon) had me off my Diabetis med immediately after my surgery he was even blown away more. (they had me checking my sugar 4 or more times a day and it was always in the "normal" zone)

Oh and he said I am the happiest he has seen me in a long time. And I weigh less than I did the first time he saw me. Pretty awsome. :thumbup:

You know what I think is the best, because I am doing so well, he will think positive of the Lap Band. Next time someone asks if he will refer them for the Lap Band - he will say YES. Someone else might become a "bandster" and escape their "fat" cocoon. Now that is a very nice thought. :blush: Debbie

Good job!! You make me feel ashamed that I am not doing more! I guess we all heal at a different rate. I was going to go for a walk but it has rained here all weeked. I am hoping for a nice day tomorrow. Tomorrow is my first day solo with my 2 year old. She gets bored quite easily. I hope that she is ready for a nap at some point in the day though. I bought a new scale yesterday ( not sure if that was a good thing, I have not owned a scale ever in my adult life) and according to my weigh in before surgery I have lost a total of 8 lbs. It does keep me motivated. I am glad to have all you guys here for support. Keep up the good work everyone! Tamara

It's not to terrible with my normal 2 yr old> But i have one with cerebral palsy, with a lot of needs. He's been a little difficult.

Teri