Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burping. Good, Bad, Expected? Foevah?

I'm feeling like a little kid again! I've got my super snazzy baby spoons (they make it too fun to eat, actually) and I burp after every meal and every time I drink "large" amounts. Am I eating too fast? Am I supposed to be burping every time?

And what is the burping cue? Again, am I supposed to feel this pressure or does the pressure mean I've gone too far?

I'm feeling okay otherwise. I'm 8 days post-op and haven't vommitted, PB'ed or had anything to complain about accept my massive, deep throated monster burps and a little soreness around my port incision. I guess this is a good thing. :confused:

I do that also Im almost 9 months out but, this only started about 2 months ago. Dr. said it was from "dry Swollowing" (what ever that is).Also said that Im probally doing it in my sleep and are unaware that iIm doing it.

Having my band surgery tomorrow and after reading all these posts, I have one question which may be absolutely stupid....but I keep reading about pb'ing. What is pb? Am I missing something?:confused:

wish someone would translate all the lingo used on this forum.

I see PB

I see DH when speaking about husbands? so confused...:confused:

Having my band surgery tomorrow and after reading all these posts, I have one question which may be absolutely stupid....but I keep reading about pb'ing. What is pb? Am I missing something?:confused:
That is a productive burp.It has small food pieces in it(not just air )as well as slime.Iv done that too and you probably will also.

Hi!

Here's the link to the very helpful page with all of the abbreviations: Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum - FAQ: Lap-band Abbreviations

If the link doesn't work, you can also find it via the forum by going to the following:

navbits_start.gif Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum > FAQ > LapBandTalk Forum Frequently Asked Questions navbits_finallink_ltr.gif Lap-band Abbreviations

DH means Darling Husband - depending on your mood and whether or not you are mad at him...it can also mean Darn Husband or...fill in the blank!:confused:

I'm hoping to have my doctor eval and my band date very soon...welcome to the forum!:wub:

I would add g/b to that list. G/b is gall bladder. It should be included since so many of us have issues with it. (Or had).

I do that also Im almost 9 months out but, this only started about 2 months ago. Dr. said it was from "dry Swollowing" (what ever that is).Also said that Im probally doing it in my sleep and are unaware that iIm doing it.

I tried searching the term dry swallowing and the best I could come up with is that it has something to do with air intake. I'm not sure. I just know I'm a burping queen and by the end of the week I may reach god status. :confused:

I m burping too ... all the time after i drink or drink ... since i only drink :-) but i found hot fluids like herbs and cammomile makes it easier but still it is there ... each time i want to ask the doctor if it is ok or not and till when and i forget ... if i know any more i ll tell you .........

I burp ALL THE TIME!!!! I sound like a man drinking beer. Geez!. As far as pbing, it is like vomiting without the stomach acid. Instead of acid there is extra saliva. My friend makes a loud noise like a duck when it happen. I am 10 weeks out and I haven't pbed yet (thankfully). Take small bites, chew well, and avoid food that are considered problematic and you can probably avoid it happening.

I'm feeling like a little kid again! I've got my super snazzy baby spoons (they make it too fun to eat, actually) :confused:

I love the baby spoon idea:thumbup: I'll need to do that if/when I get my surgery I take big bites good way to make them smaller. Did you go to the baby dept to get them?

I have a question about PB ing.. Its kinda gross but I would like to know what to expect

I understand that when you overeat or something gets stuck you.. Burp vomit. Is there advanced warning can you run to the bathroom to hide it. Or are you like a cat with a hairball?

Do you feel nausea, pain, both?

I have a question about PB ing.. Its kinda gross but I would like to know what to expect

I understand that when you overeat or something gets stuck you.. Burp vomit. Is there advanced warning can you run to the bathroom to hide it. Or are you like a cat with a hairball?

Do you feel nausea, pain, both?

I haven't had the PB experience yet, but I know that when I eat to fast or take too large a swallow or bite of food I get a tight feeling in the middle of my chest. If this is caused by liquid I just sit it out, it doesn't last too long. If it's caused by food, I take a deep, deep breath and hold it and I can feel the food go down. I'm not really supposed to be on real food yet, but I experimented the other day with some mushies. Anyway, whether or not I feel this pain I burp like mad. When I experience PBing I'll let you know but I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers before I get to it. :confused: