Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello. Thank God I found this site.......

:cry_smile: Hi All. Yep, thank God I found you. I had my band done December 2007. I feel as though I am failing. I wake in the night and eat ALL the wrong foods. I have had a look at some of the entries made by others and realise I am not alone. I have a wonderful support group, my Hubby and 3 lovely children, my mum and dad. I realise that I am eating wrong. I GOTA SLOW IT DOWN. I have NO will-power so I need help. Its GREAT to know that I have this site now to hopefully get the support that I need from other banders. I hope that I can do as well as others have. Well thanks for listening/reading. Hope to be back in the daylight hours. Bye:cry_smile:

OK, problem 1. Why are you waking up at night? Are you hungry?

Get rid of ALL the junk you have, throw it out. Go shopping and buy healthy Snacks. Get back to your basics. If you're overeating, you aren't filled to your idea spot. Go get a fill, talk with your Dr., and get back to your basics,,,,,,,, Eat high Protein foods, Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Do NOT drink after you eat. Wait for 2 hours. If your band is filled tightly, you shouldn't be able to eat a lot of food, and shouldn't be hungry immediately afterwards. Once you eat the healthy things that your suppose to, there shouldn't be room for the junk. If you feel you need to snack, apples, carrots, an egg, chicken meat, high protien items, low carbs help fill you up and keep the carbs down. Completely cut out the breads, rice, Pasta, chips. You can do this, you just need to change your current plan. WALK! Go for a walk every morning if you can, and every evening. YOu have a great family, have them join you for one of the walks. I've fallen away from the basics a couple times, and I find I get out my reading, hit this site, talk with some support friends, get a fill, and get my mind-frame back on track and it works. Good luck!

Lori, you took the words right out of my mouth. I would eat all the wrong things at night except there aren't any here. I know I can't even keep a jar of Peanut Butter in the house, because I will scoop out spoonful after spoonful and eat it. I have Desserts and treats when I go out to dinner, but they are not in my fridge. Nor do I have any rice, Pasta, flour, or sugar in the house. I can't bake myself a batch of Cookies. If I want a snack I have Curves bars or Fiber One bars around. Don't lie to yourself and say you are buying the treats for the kids. They are bad for them too!

I agree with everything the others have said but I would really like to know why you are waking up at night. that alone can slow your weight loss and is usually indicative of a emotional issue unless it is health related. A visit with your PCP and/or a therapist might be a good choice. It sounds like your family supports you so there may be something bothering you that you are not consciously aware of. The fact that you feel you are failing says something as well. We can help here but a more professional counselor might help you more then you know. Good luck to you. Just work one day at a time and if you slip, be honest with yourself and get back on track right away but don't keep waiting for tomorrow. It will never come.

It is a journey and we will all stumble!!!! If you lose too fast you will regret it later. Take it one day at a time and soon your good days will outnumber your bad ones and the scales will go in the right direction!

Thankyou all for your replies. I'm not a big sleeper. I have been waking up every 2-3hours during the night for the past 8-10 years. Nobody can give me an answer to why, other then i'm not tired. Your right, I need to stop 'buying for the kids'. I am going for a fill tomorrow. Thanks again for the advice/support.