Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yep, after weeks of battling with being unable to eat solid food and experiencing severe heart burn practically all day, i had an unfil. I now have 4ml instead of 5. i am so worried I am gonna put on weight but I just could not manage with the restriction before. I was vomitting 5 times a day, even when drinking Water.

Is it normal to have so much restriction from so little Fluid?:rolleyes2:

i have a 10cc band and was was up to 5.2cc and i was PB'ing up to 4 times a day. my doc took out .5cc leaving me with 4.7cc. i was really worried about gaining weight back because i wasn't as restricted but after 2 weeks i haven't gained anything back but i haven't lost any more either.

Thanks kalipso. I am really worried. I was pbing up to 4 times a day and had such bad heartburn. I am so down because i really want to lose more but I also want to be able to eat atleast something eithout puking it back up.

i got so used to PB'ing that now that i don't do it... i almost miss it. doesn't sound healthy, does it?

it IS nice being able to eat and not have to worry about where the next bathroom is though!!

we're both extremely lucky that our bands haven't slipped but my pouch has stretched a little. i'm allowed to go back for another fill in 2 months to give my stomach a chance to repair itself.

i don't know about you, but i still do have some restriction but i can't get used to my stomach growling again and the feeling of hunger. We'll get it right eventually!!

kalipso. I understand what you are saying. i was pbing so much that in some way i felt that it had become part of me. I would eat knowing i would be sick. I could not even hold down any Water before 2pm.....and at night i would be in pain from heartburn. My throat was sore, i was a real mess. I denied I had a problem because I didn't want to get any taken out because i didn't want to put back on any weight.

It was my husband who got upset when we went out for our anniversary dinner and i had to puke after eating one spoon full of Soup.

What made me upset is when i went to teh doctor for the unfill yesterday, he gave me a bit of attitude, like i am in some way letting down the team. he warned me that taking Fluid out would mean i would put on weight. I told him i had to eat, if I can't eat anything then surely its too tight.

He wasn't happy, but he took some out. I am determined to eat healthy and not put on weight. i will give it a couple of months and maybe go back for a small fill.

Thanks for replying Kalipso, made me feel better. Am feeling kinda alone lately.:redface:

Well done for doing the smart thing and having some taken out. PB'ing regularly is a great way to cause slips! I had the same problem after my last fill but only battled with it for 10 days before I made the decision to get half of the last fill removed. I do feel less restriction now but at least I'm not chucking up all the time - that was HORRIBLE!! I would have had it out sooner, but I work on the mines and was stuck at work - had it removed the day I got home!

I lost 3.5kg in those 10 days, which is gratifying on the scale but too fast for my liking. My weight loss did stall for the next 3-4 weeks, but I think it was because the 3.5kg wasn't lost fat, but just being dehydrated, so that as I re-hydrated afterwards, the continuing fat loss was disguised by the Water regain. I'm now back to losing at my 1-1.5lb per week, which is a rate I'm comfortable with.

It will be a while before I go for another fill - I did NOT like that too tight feeling one little bit.

Thanks Fanny. I don't regret getting ittaken out. i have so much more energy and although I can eat more, I find i am actually eating quite healthy, so its all good. And when iw as over filled, i found myself drinking choc milk as it was all i coud eat and thats not good.

I have lost 40 kilos so from now I am happy to lose 1kg a month, even if i don't lose any, as long as i don't gain. i joined the gym today, I am determined to lose more.

Thanks for your support :rolleyes2:

You're doing brilliantly Cherry! Is that 40kg just since the op in Jan, or does it include a lengthy pre-op time. Impressive either way! My 32kg is counting from the start of my pre-op on 1st Dec, with the op on the 10th Dec. You're kicking my butt! Go girl!

it is sooooo good to hear that I am not the only one having these problems! I was worried my band had slipped! I am able to drink fluids and I take Liquid Protein drinks.. but last night, I couldn't even keep pudding down! Seems there is only a certain time of day I am ALLOWED to eat.. about 2-4 hours after I get up, and if I miss it, I miss my meal! lol! I am hanging in there, trying NOT TO GET an unfill.. I wanted RESTRICTION.. I HAVE IT! lol!

an update. Since having some of my fill taken out, I feel like a new person No more heartburn and i have so much more energy. yesterday i swam 5 kms. i am able to eat more but I still have restriction and am making healthier choices.

I have been eating a boiled egg for Breakfast and a yoghurt, for lunch I have been having 2 cruskits with avocado and for dinner a small portion of whatever i am making my boys. I am so happy I can now eat normal food, just less of it. Yay me:thumbup:

I weighed myself today and found I have actually lost a little bit. i know its still early but its encouraging.

My advice to anyone who is overfillled to get some taken out, I never want t o go through that feeling again.

Thanks evreyone:smile2:

Go Cherry, go! I second that vote for getting an unfill when needed. Better loose and eating healthy than tight and miserable. The worst part of being tight for me was that I was still hungry and couldn't eat! It felt like enforced bulimia - absolutely horrible. Never again!

Cherry, its not the amount of fill in the band that's the issue, its the amount that's right for you.

I've heard of people getting no fill at all, the band alone being enough and I've heard of people getting just one fill, or people needing the thing almost completely filled. At the end of the day, its about what works for you. Maybe, 4ml is your sweet spot. Maybe in a month or so you'll need.3ml and that will be it, who knows, but obviously 5ml is just too much.