Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

time4change

Hi everyone, I am so excited. I have weight issues all my life. I was so happy to discove this forum. I am pending approval through my insurance company. I know that i will be approved. It is time to make a change in my life. I fully understand that this surgery is only a tool. I have two teenagers and a spouse. They are supportive of my choice. I have tried every diet under the sun and Gastric bypass was just not an option for me.

Welcome to the boards! I found so much information here, and have made some great friends. I've even found folks who live close to me, one just over a mile! Enjoy exploring and feel free to write if you prefer.

Hi, and thanks for responding. I am in Jacksonville NC. Could you share with me your weight loss journey?

Rena,

I chose the band because I had a BMI of 50, high blood pressure, and apnea. My mother developed diabetes a couple of years ago, and I have a long family history of heart disease. I was married last year and with the last 35-40 lbs I picked up I lost a lot of energy and physical stamina. I couldn't garden for long at all, couldn't take walks on the greenways without stopping at every bench, and was just plain disgusted with my appearance. Funny, because until a few months ago I had an impression of my size that was much, much smaller than I thought. I thought that I looked like I wore a 22, but I actually wore a 26.

I had always completely ruled out a bypass. The whole malabsorption thing was really unappealing. I had seen the commercials on tv, but didn't really look in to it until early May. I was leaving for a long vacation, so I scheduled my consult for the end of June. Come mid-July I was all done with pre-op appointments and had approval from my insurance. I work at a University, so I couldn't really fit the surgery into my schedule until late August. I could have done it in early August otherwise.

I was banded on August 28th by Dr. Moran. Because I have sleep apnea, the anesthesiologist required me to stay overnight. The surgery was very quick, and I was fortunate to have a VERY easy recovery. My surgery was on a Thursday, and I went back to work the following Tuesday (Monday was a holiday). Dr. Moran does things slightly differently from the other local surgeon, so I didn't suffer any of the gas problems, and have always been able to "drink" instead of "sip".

Anyhow, I've lost a total of 15 lbs. I didn't have a pre-op diet. I'm not hyped up about that loss, but at least I haven't gained. I don't have any restriction at all, since the only Fluid that they put into my band at surgery was enough to fill the tubing. I'm back on regular food now and haven't had any troubles. I'm neither gaining nor losing. I go for my first fill on the 29th. In the "big picture", I'm actually ok with the 15# in a month. Shucks...I've lost less on traditional diets!

As you can tell, I'm chatty. :rolleyes2:

Edited by Lanakila

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • juliie

good morning all ,my np sent all my cleared requirements to my insurance for approval yesterday, so now just waiting for an approval and surgery date  
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fingers crossed!

• BeanitoDiego

Lost my Pup last month and struggled really hard for that first month. Stopped tracking intake and slid into old habits here and there. Also quit working out. Can't walk in the neighborhood because of all of the memories we shared. Losing my Pup is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever been through. My Pup was my world 💔
      Talked to my doc during my one year followup and they were not worried about my current status. They know, and I know, that I will get back on track.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

I'm so sorry. I lost my pup (Mr. Bitters - a chocolate Pomeranian) 2 years ago and it still makes me tear up. He was my everything - my constant companion. I understand. Do the best you can to get back on track.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches