Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Anyone Made a Love Connection?

That's a good question Gina. Like you I am a single mom of two, I was widowed almost 7 years ago and haven't dated by choice. As my kids get older (they are now 13 & 15) I am thinking it might be time to start. We'll see. I'd be interested to see what kind of responses you get to this question. :girl_hug: <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Sorry I have to pipe up...I did this for health. I'm very self confident and I don't want to be "sexy"....so not all of us are here for that!

(don't mean to be pissy I just have to speak up sometimes)

I've made some friends already but have a husband I love who's been with me (literally) through thick and thin so no love connection will happen!

hope I don't sound nasty...if you are doing this to be "healthy, attractive, confident and sexy" I hope you find those things! I feel I've already got the others, I just need to preserve the "healthy" part! LOL

This did get me to thinking though....maybe they should have a "singles" type forum here for those who want that support? It could be a good idea!

slim-n-tn you are a great board navigator! :girl_hug: I thought I'd nosed around here pretty well but you have me beat hands down!

slim-n-tn you are a great board navigator! :sneaky: I thought I'd nosed around here pretty well but you have me beat hands down!

I don't even come close! :girl_hug: I had begun to wonder if you ever even sleep!:biggrin:

This post was for those interested in the topic, not for negative responses. It's just like if you see something you don't like, do you buy it anyway? In regards to what people are here for, in my post, those were examples of what you hear people say when they talk about their weight. Yeah many of us are doing it to be healthy, but there are many people who get cosmetic surgery, to become more attractive or because they don't like what they see in the mirror; this includes losing the weight whether it's having surgery to remove it, or whether we stop stuffing our faces and exercise to loose it, (for those who can)! And that my friend, is just being real!! If you find that you see a post that does not relate to you or your the least bit interested, please save the hate. I'm not using this site for ranting and raving, I'm posting interesting topics as it relates to weight loss and it can very well include relationships and happiness! Someone could have found the love of their life through weight struggles together and on this sight perhaps, and that's what this topic is about. If it relates to you, I'd like to hear your responses. If it doesn't then you should probably not even pay attention and move to something that interests you.

Peace and blessings....

I'm not looking for love, but in your defense, livtobeblessed, this post is under GENERAL LAPBAND DISCUSSION. I don't see any harm in your post. But then again, I'm a novice myself.

I don't wanna sound negative, because I'm not. Part of me hopes I become a sexy mama, but that's not why I did the band. I went bandster because I wanted to get my diabetes under control. I did it because my back couldn't tolerate my weight any longer. I did it because I wanted to feel good in my own skin. The amazing thing is, not even a week post op, Most of those have happened. My diabetes is so well controlled I had a hypoglycemic event yesterday. I'm off meds. I feel better about who I am. And actually feel prettier. My face already shows a difference.

But would I love to look sexy? Yea! I'm not stupid. But I'm not gonna kill myself for it. And I'm not gonna feel bad if I don't look sexy when all is said and done.

Teri