Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

finally the light bulb comes on in my head

ok i wasnt sure where i should post this but i believe i finally figure out this whole way of losing weight with the help of the bodybugg from 24 hour fitness. i have been losing weight slowly and i mean very slowly didnt understand why i would lost 4 bls and then the next week lose nothing. so i started to go to the gym working out for about 45 minutes every other day four days a week and on the other 3 days working out about one hour and 30 minutes still with this i couldnt figure out why i wouldnt lose weight much last week i lost 4 lbs and gained two everyone said cuz im doing strength training i am building my muscles back but then im not struggling with doing the weight training. so i saw this lady in the locker room with a bodybugg and i asked how she liked it. she told me its great she is training to do a marathon and that its not all about doing lots of excerise but its better to stay active in your daily life . i didnt get that much at the time. but i decided to give it a try. i been trying everything in the last few months i got banded in july and then i got myself a personal trainer 3 times a week and here i am going to the gym 7 days a week but not really much results just a lb here and there and i knew i could do that without the excerise since im banded. i have been using the bodybugg for 4 days now and i totally see results more then anything else. i finally understand what the lady in the locker room said about moving around in your daily life and its not all about working out hard. i do the eliptical machine and my trainer said i need to pin point my heart weight at 135 to 140 and i use to think that was a bit strange cuz i could be around 150 but he explained im not working out to go to a marathon im working out to lose weight. so these past few days ive been going slowly and steady on the machine (and let me tell you i feel really werid doing this cuz the people next to me on the machine is going so much faster and its hard to go slow and steady when you feel so slow lol). i have been putting in all the calories online with myapex.com and with the bodybugg i been downloading all the calories i burn throughout the day and i have been trying to burn about 3000 calories a day and trying to stay around the 1000 calorie intake and it has done alot these last few days i lost 3 lbs almost a lb a day. i finally understand and i know i hear it alot about you have to burn more then you take in and that is a fact but i always thought if you excerise then you will burn more then you take in but if you excerise and then come home and sit on the couch to watch tv or sit at the computer and play on the computer what does it really do for you? nothing and you are still at the same as you were before. i been killing myself trying to work out everyday and i havent seen much results and now i finally do get it i have to keep moving throughout the day. its not all about excerise its all about staying active throughout the day. i know alot of people here dont understand why they hit plateaus or just not losing weight enough or feel discourage and have no idea what to do so i though i would share my story with you guys and my experience and maybe this will put a light bulb in someone elses head.

karen

Hi, I have been thinking of getting a bodybugg. After reading your post I

will ask my husband to buy me one for my birthday in November. I have a problem with plateaus too. I usually stay right under 1000 calories a day. Thanks. Denise

ready2diet just wanted to let you know that if you do get the bodybugg look and see if the gym carries them i got mines for 180 and that is no where near the 400 like you get if you bought it out right

Now after watching the body bugg video I really want one. Not for $400 though. I'd pay $180 and more for the up to the minute display feature. Can anyone keep us informed if they see a sale that their gym, etc?