Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not banded yet, hopefully soon

Hi. I'm 26 yrs old. I am 5'7 and weigh 243 pounds. I want to get a band, and I am going to an informational session next week. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield so I'm not even going to try to get insurance to pay for it. I'm scared of going into surgery but I am going to be brave and do it.

Welcome! Take your shoes off and sit a spell and start reading all the new and older posts. You will find lots of valuable information and support from these boards.

Welcome to Band-land. I too am awaiting surgery. You've come to the right place this is an excellent site for information, comrade-ry, encouragement, advice, and overall never ending support.

If you have BCBS PPO you might not have a problem, but if you have any kind of HMO you can forget about insurance coverage. Hey you never know until you try it - if it's a PPO I say go for it, especially If you're already prepared to pay for it out of pocket.

Check out the other discussion groups/threads within the site..there is a lot of information on what to expect pre & post as well as what to do and not to do for a successful banding experience. There's loads of first hand info on doctors, surgeons, fills you name it. You can do all of your research right here and go into the info session armed with specific questions, as well as share some of the things you've learned from the site.

Good luck and keep on posting your updates. I'm trying to schedule my surgery for July 27th - I'm awaiting insurance approval.

Hi! I Too Am Waiting To Get Banded. I Have Already Had Most Of My Tests Done . As Soon As My Doc Gets The Results And I Have My Physical And Psych Eval, I Should Be Able To Get A Surgery Date! I've Already Been Pre-approved By My Insurance. I Am Also 26! I'm Currently 271 Lbs And 5'6". I Wish You Lots Of Luck!! I Think You Should Maybe Call Your Insurance And See What They Say. It Can't Hurt.

LOOKS LIKE THERE ARE LOTS OF US WAITING FOR JULY.... I AM 5'5" AND 274 AT PRESENT . WE WILL HAVE TO GET A JULY THREAD GOING SO WE CAN GO THROUGH THIS TOGETHER. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH MY SURGEON ON JULY 5th. TO FINISH UP SOME PAPERWORK AND TESTING.CAN'T WAIT. WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW GALS/GUYS WHICHEVER YOU PREFER!!!!! JAMIE

Hi, Yellow Rose...how do we start a July thread? I don't know yet if my srugery is in July, but it might be, and I hope it is. You know a little more than I do, since you are ahead of me. How long does Dr. Marsden take between insurance OK, seminar, tests, etc? Check out the Texas thread, too! Cindy:ermm

Hi all, I was banded in Mexico on April 15 and I weighed in at 351 and I am 5'8". Its my birthday 6/26 and I am down to 256!!! I love it. I just had my first fill 2 weeks ago and it was fine. So I can't wait for you all to get banded!!!!

Hi. I'm 26 yrs old. I am 5'7 and weigh 243 pounds. I want to get a band, and I am going to an informational session next week. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield so I'm not even going to try to get insurance to pay for it. I'm scared of going into surgery but I am going to be brave and do it.

lovecats85~ I have Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield and they approved me for lap band with out any problems. I know your ins might be different than mine but you might be surprised if you check with your ins and they cover it. I would call and ask them before completly ruling it out all together.

Welcome to LBT!!!! Good luck with getting your band and I wish you lots of success.