Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self-Pay -- how many fills included in your price?

wow...what sweet deals! :thumbdown: For life, for a few years.... lol

I asked how many were included and was told...the doc has the vast majority of patients where they need to be within 3 months...so you won't be needing years of free fills. I was like...oh...okay, then.

self pay in CT $18,500 free fills for life ..

Hi! I had 6.5cc's in my 10cc band until Oct.16th. My doctor took out .1cc of saline. Now I am actually having to struggle with hunger for the first time in ages and I give in to sweets and chips frequently. I really find myself having a psychological battle of wills back and forth. This is very hard again. Could I need a little fill this soon? I've gained 4 lbs. since the last appointment--next appointment is Nov.13th.

I've lost almost 60lbs since Oct.2007. This forum is one of the best sources I have to keep me going. Thanks so much!

RAH:regular_smile:

I have a surgery date for Dec. 15th, there must be a lot of people with $$ in Los Angeles to have to wait that long!

I was told that 4 fills are included in the $15.5 price, then $250 after.

Someone posted that Dr. Korman had previously been offering free fills for life...

Anyone negotiate a better deal? Or, to put it another way, how many fills did your doctor offer as part of your original package??

I paid $15,000 in Austin and get unlimited free fills for one year, then they are $50 each after a year.

Ya i was told FREE Fills for 1 yr.. and after 3 months i went in for fill $2 and they wanted my "co-pay" so they arent free after all... and it sucks cuz now i have no ins... so im gonna have to pay for the OV... sad that you pay almost 18,000 for surgery to be lied to....

Dr. Tengs office in Las Vegas NV... i love him but hate all the lies i was told!!

Wow, free fills for life, 1 year, 2 years! My dr. offers 6mos. and still hasn't told me what I'll be paying after that! Must be alot! And he's dragging his feet giving me fills now! Must be wanting me to go slow so he can make more $$ after these 6mos. are up!

in coos bay oregon i only have three fills included in a 12.5k price, after that i pay out of pocket. that might be when i go to fill center :laugh: ive always wondered how those work.

I was banded in MX for $6800 with zero fills included. I've been shopping around and am looking at $425-$450 a fill locally. The $450 place also quoted me a price of $2000 for a years worth. I'm not sure if the annual price is worth it or not. I may only need 2 or 3 but all the reading I do here about continuous fills/un-fills makes me unsure.

I have free fills for life at Journeylite in Houston. Each fill and unfill is done with the flouroscope, and everyone there is amazing!:laugh:

I paid my surgeon $7500 for his 5 year plan, so that means free fills and office visits for those 5 years.

After that, i believe its just the fill cost of $150/per adjustment.

I am in San Diego and I was offered free fills for one year but I can probably get them to give me more fills if I need it. The original price for my surgery was 15300 and I was able to talk them down to 14000. Maybe you should negotiate a little more to see what you can get.

Wow, I was gonna be self-pay (insurance came through at the last minute). It was $17.5 and no free fills were offered...:thumbup:

Mine was $8,000 and included no fills.

I got two fills costing a total of $500.00 and that's with fluro.

One unfill at $199.

So, total cost of the band system for me was less than $10,000.