Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill Question

I have my first post-surgery appointments this Friday - four weeks after surgery. I am to meet with the nutritionist and then get a fill. the problem is - I don't think I want one.

I've been blubbering all over the place how I am going to Liberia July 3 for 2 weeks. It is the 2nd poorest country in the world. The office building I will work in during the day does not have electricity, running Water, computers, elevators, etc. There is no medical care. I think the stress of just getting through the days, eating, not getting malaria, etc is going to be major. There are no decent restaurants so I think I will be basically using alot of Protein powders.

The nurse said they usually put in 1 cc the first visit but would be willing to do .5cc. I just think that I could use another month to heal and get a fill when I get home. The stress of restriction, pb, etc could be more than I am prepared to handle.

What do you guys think? Am I just being paranoid? If .5cc so little that I won't have problems? I haven't lost any weight in over a week so it could help that...

Help!! I have a handle on work clothes, medications, Vitamins, Protein shakes, etc but I just can't figure out how to handle this!!

I'm with you, wait on a fill when you can get it together at home without the stress of being away and can eat your regular foods and really know how your fill is doing. I'd keep your appointment, discuss this with the nutritionist, and then hold off on the fill for those reasons. Why add something to the stress mix? You band isn't going anywhere, you are only 4 weeks post-op...I'm thinking wait, especially if it's something you will be worried about and distracted by.

Plus, you'll be back in just two weeks!!! Reschedule for then...IMHO :)

I agree with Kathy. I would wait and reschedule when you return home. My doctor won't even fill you if you are getting ready to go on a trip or vacation. She thinks it's just too much and your eating habits won't be the same as when you are home.

If it were me, I would definitely reschedule the fill. Enjoy your trip, as much as you can in a third world country, and then get a fill when you return.

Just my 2 cents. :D

If it were me, I would wait on the fill, vacation is not a time to be miserable and worried about a PB or not being able to eat, especially if you are ina foregin country with no Lap Band Dr. near by. Go and enjoy yourself, your fill will be here waitingfor you when you get back.

Iti s hard to say if .5 cc's will be too tough to handle, everyone is different , I knwo for me when I travle my restriction level changes, from Water retention, climate change, time change, jet lag etc...it is not worth the stress over it. Wait til you get home

I agree with what every one else has said. It's only 2 weeks & wouldn't want to have any problem in a country as poor as the one you're going to. .5cc's for one person could be like 1.5cc's for another. Everyone's so different.