Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all March 05 bandsters!

Gosh I'm so happy to see these great updates!!! You guys are all doing awsome.((((((GROUP HUG)))) !!!!!

I must add that I had a great NSV today!! I can fit into size 18 pants.That means I'm down from size 26 to an 18!! YIPPIE!!!

Also my knee is no longer swelling for days on end and no Fluid is setting around it like it was before losing 60 pounds. I'm feeling better and better every day... I love my band!!

Keep those updates coming March bandsters. You guys are encouraging me to keep reaching for my goal!!

For those of us banded in March, September is our 6 month bandiversary. Congratulations to everyone on their achievement thus far in their band journey. I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. Have you seen the results you thought you'd see at 6 months post-op?

I am down 60 lbs so far. My band date was March 30th. I definately have not been the "perfect" bandster. I could eat better, eat less, exercise more, but heck, 60 lbs lost..I just can't believe it sometimes. It was so easy for me to set goals pre-op, you know just choose numbers, like "at 6 months out I should be down 100lbs" or "i'll be at goal by my 1 year surgery anniversary." I don't even consider those to be my goals, since I was just randomly picking numbers and thinking, okay by this date I want to be X number of pounds lost or whatever, that sounds good. I am just happy to be losing weight, in fact, more weight than I have ever lost before-even if you add up all of my weightloss attempts! I have more energy, more confidence, for goodness sake I can JOG!! (yes it is quite a sight, and my boob popped out of my bra on the first try, but a new bra and many miles later I'm still going!) I haven't exercised this much since I was in physical education class in highschool, and even then when we were supposed to run a lap or a mile or anything, I quickly became winded and started walking - and I weigh 25 pounds more now than I did back then!

Getting banded is the best decision I've made thus far in my relatively short life. I am very proud of my accomplishments, and I can't wait to see what the next few years have to bring my way.

well, I haven't lost any weight since July, and I've been very depresses about it. I have tried to be the model bandster, but I just can't get the scale to move. I'd gotten down to 242, but I gained weight some how and now I'm back at 248. Talk about depressing. The only reason I've got the 35 to my name that I count the weight I've lost since my all time high. I still feel like fraud...

I have lost a lot of inches though, so that's a good thing. I also have 46 NSVs so that's the only thing that keeps me going.

Since being banded on March 4th, I've lost 28.5kgs/62lbs.

My Measurements Then & Now

Neck: 14 inches - 13 inches

Under Bust: 42 inches - 36 inches

Waist: 40 inches - 36 inches

Hips: 53 inches - 48 inches

This is definitely the best thing I've ever done for me. I wouldn't trade my band for a roll in the hay with Johnny Depp lol.

I was banded March 18th 2005. I just got my 3rd fill yesterday still have no idea of how much of a fill that my band has but I must say its working I'm down 66 pounds in all and today sucks cause all thats working for me right now is liquids. This fill may be my most fickle fill yet. I think its a tighty!!!! I'm very happy with my weight loss and I'm feeling so much better than 66 pounds ago!! Anymore March bandsters out there. You should come give in on some updates!!!

Hi Jamie,

I can't believe it's been 6 months for us both, while I am not losing as quickly as you, I am losing slowly. I think I'm down another 8lbs but I will wait till it's official, I see my doctor every 7-8 weeks. I have a lot of NSV's, lower blood pressure, size 22 instead of 28, when I go to the doctors to get my blood pressure taken my upper arm fits in the normal size cuff. I'm excercising 4-5 times a week on my treadmill for at least 40 mins, and I don't binge any more!

At my third fill they brought me up to 1.85cc, I was tight, tight, tight, I was vomiting to much and too many sore throats, so they brought me down to 1.65cc, this seems to be comfortable for me, I will be staying at this fill level for a while.

Hi Jamie,

I can't believe it's been 6 months for us both, while I am not losing as quickly as you, I am losing slowly. I think I'm down another 8lbs but I will wait till it's official, I see my doctor every 7-8 weeks. I have a lot of NSV's, lower blood pressure, size 22 instead of 28, when I go to the doctors to get my blood pressure taken my upper arm fits in the normal size cuff. I'm excercising 4-5 times a week on my treadmill for at least 40 mins, and I don't binge any more!

At my third fill they brought me up to 1.85cc, I was tight, tight, tight, I was vomiting to much and too many sore throats, so they brought me down to 1.65cc, this seems to be comfortable for me, I will be staying at this fill level for a while.

Good for you Renee!!!! Sounds like your doing great to me. I also am seeing a difference in my cholesterol. It was 257 when all this started it is 170 now and blood pressure is good. This is so wonderful that all of our March bandsters are doing good. Glad you checked in and gave us an update. keep up the good work.

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. I am now down 67lbs since being banded Marh 30th '05. My fill level is 3.5cc's in a VG band, and it tends to be finicky at times. Sometimes I can feel even the tiniest sip of Water pool in my pouch, and other times, like right now, I can eat chicken rama and rice with no problem. I am down to mostly size 18 pants and 2X or 22/24 shirts. I started off in 24 pants and 22/24 and some 26/28 shirts, but both were really too tight on me. I'd like to lose another 80lbs at least, and originally wanted to be at my goal by my one year band anniversary, we'll see.....

I am working out now quite often and even have started seeing a fitness trainer. My heart and lungs are a lot stronger, and I can jog about a mile & a half without any problem.

How are you all doing?

hello all I do a lot of reading on the site and not a lot of posting. I feel like a failure after looking at all the march posts. I was banded 3-14-05 To date I have lost only 36 lbs. But I have went from a 18-20 pant size to a mostly 14 some times i need a 16. I see my before pictures and there is a big difference but i really thought i would be further along. I have one draw back. I don't like my surgon so I don't go for banding and often as i should. I am going on november 4th. I have times when there is no restriction and times like tonight we went to the mall I ordered a tostada with Beans, meat, lettus and cheese I got 4 bites but i think lettus got stuck or something and it all came up. I have only lost about 5lbs since my last fill over 2 mo ago. Well i needed to vent and talk with you all because sometimes I feel as though i don't even have a band. p.s. I am glad to know that i am not the only one on this site that struggles with soda diet or not. I have tried to come off again and i have gone 4 days. I know its better for me so i am trying. Thanks for being a great big ear for me.

Christine

hello all I do a lot of reading on the site and not a lot of posting. I feel like a failure after looking at all the march posts. I was banded 3-14-05 To date I have lost only 36 lbs. But I have went from a 18-20 pant size to a mostly 14 some times i need a 16. I see my before pictures and there is a big difference but i really thought i would be further along. I have one draw back. I don't like my surgon so I don't go for banding and often as i should. I am going on november 4th. I have times when there is no restriction and times like tonight we went to the mall I ordered a tostada with Beans, meat, lettus and cheese I got 4 bites but i think lettus got stuck or something and it all came up. I have only lost about 5lbs since my last fill over 2 mo ago. Well i needed to vent and talk with you all because sometimes I feel as though i don't even have a band. p.s. I am glad to know that i am not the only one on this site that struggles with soda diet or not. I have tried to come off again and i have gone 4 days. I know its better for me so i am trying. Thanks for being a great big ear for me.

Christine

Christine, Its nice to meet you! Glad you found LBT!! You don't get discouraged. You have lost 36 pounds that will never come back!!! You just try really hard to get back to the basic rules of banding..NO COKES! and if you really don't like your Dr. That much maybe it would benefit you to find a new Dr. It could encourage you and help you more than you probably realize. Sounds to me like you also probably need a fill.How many fills have you had? Good luck to you and keep coming here for suport!! You are making good progress and don't worry about how fast you lose the weight as long as you are losing. If you ever need to talk... I'm always here for you... pm me okay!!

Hi Christine, welcome to LBT.You and I were banded on the same date, and you've lost more than I have. I've lost 9 pounds since May. Some of us are just slower than the others.

It is so very, very important to NOT compair your results with other's. I know it's hard becaue by nature, poeople are competative, and compairisons help us guage where we are and how we are doing.

The band does not work as well if you do not have proper restriction, and the only way to get this is to get your fills when you need them. Good luck on finding someone else to work with!

Okay, I've had 51 NSVs since I was banded. Haven't lost a big whack of weight, but I'm healthier than I have been in years, and I feel strongr than I have in a long time too. So, that's my progress.

Been a while since we've revisited this, so thought I'd check in and see how the other March Bandsters are doing.

I had a bit of a plateau for a while, going up and down up and down, but after the last fill, I think I just might be back on track (here's hoping anyway). As of this morning, I'm down 80.5 lbs ... 26.5 to go. Its a very odd feeling, having goal seem reachable now.

Well, I'm still gaining and losing the same 5 pounds that I've been working on since July.

Long hard slog for me. I am having some fill issues, so we shall see how I much fill I have left when I go home for the Christmas holidays.

I'm still going great guns with my NSVs, so that is good for me.

I'll be 8 months post op on Wednesday and I'm down 74lbs. I was thinking just this morning that this is the weight I was when I met my husband 10 years ago-and I haven't been this weight since. I was 20lbs heavier when we were married, and 40lbs heavier when I got pregnant (82lbs heavier when I delivered my son). Funny thing is that sometimes I feel like this journey is going too slow, and I've simply forgotten what it feels like to be 300+lbs because I still feel so huge and have only made my way through half of the journey thus far. I'm looking forward to updating my before and during photos soon, I just had some really old film developed from the past few years and I simply couldn't recognize myself!!!