Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHY are people voting for McCain?

Actually, kids, the irony is that I perceive Ultra Conservatives to be against sex education. Ergo, telling HSers to "just say no" clearly didn't work with Bristol. Clearer?

Actually, kids, the irony is that I perceive Ultra Conservatives to be against sex education. Ergo, telling HSers to "just say no" clearly didn't work with Bristol. Clearer?

Nope. Because Bristol wasn't a product of "abstinence only" education (sex ed is taught in Alaska schools). Ergo, she was a product of sex education in schools and still became pregnant. FYI, as an aside, we don't know if she used birth control or not. All we know is she's pregnant.

I, for one, don't think we should be judging her.

Nope. Because Bristol wasn't a product of "abstinence only" education (sex ed is taught in Alaska schools). Ergo, she was a product of sex education in schools and still became pregnant. FYI, as an aside, we don't know if she used birth control or not. All we know is she's pregnant.

I, for one, don't think we should be judging her.

Not judging her - judging her mother.

I would hate to be judged for a mistake my child makes.

No sex education method guarantees no pregnancies; if it did, given the explicit sex ed and free birth control currently available in all 50 states (or all 57, if you're Obama), we'd have zero unplanned pregnancies, instead of the ever-increasing annual numbers.

She didn't do a very good job of teaching her child about birth control!

And PS - my Democrat mother had a daughter that chose abstinence in HS, tyvm!!!

CUT COSTS. DRAMATICALLY.!

gadget, not sure i know your position here - but are you in favor of us removing ourselves from a war that is crushing our economy?

Froma mother who has two children fihting this war I have to say it is NOT the war killing our economy. Regardless of wether you agree with the war or not, that is not what hurt our ecomnomy it is the greedy people of wall street and washington. Greedy both by republicans and democrats.

Because their band is too tight- Who would want a folkie person like Palin sitting across the table from the Russian or China-not me

Froma mother who has two children fihting this war I have to say it is NOT the war killing our economy. Regardless of wether you agree with the war or not, that is not what hurt our ecomnomy it is the greedy people of wall street and washington. Greedy both by republicans and democrats.

there would be a lot more money here vs elsewhere, and since the comment was made "cut costs" was just wondering if that included the cost of the war. i also don't discount the greed of wall street & washington.

very respectful of your children & pray they're safe!

From a mother who has two children fighting this war I have to say it is NOT the war killing our economy. Regardless of whether you agree with the war or not, that is not what hurt our economy it is the greedy people of wall street and washington. Greedy both by republicans and democrats.

The war is not killing our economy though it is not helping our +$6 trillion in debt accumulated during the current administration. However, the greed exhibited in these last years is beyond revolting. Paid millions to fail? Disgusting.

very respectful of your children & pray they're safe!

Amen!!

re: "judging her mother. "

So then....if the mother were an avowed Democrat, what would your judgment be?

I don't think that it is fair to judge Palin for her daughter's pregnancy. Young people often tend to be curious, rebellious, and attracted to risk taking. This is why illegal street racing is an adolescent sport.

Adolescents also have high sex drives. Sex education and the easy availability of contraceptives will help some of those who are determined to have sex avoid pregnancy and/or disease...but not all. Some girls will get caught and sometimes this is by design. Some teenage girls want babies. Palin's daughter is pregnant: so what? This is a big fat problem for the Palin family to deal with. It doesn't concern any of us.

My only thought is that it will be a pity if she does marry the baby's father. Levi sounds like he is very selfish and immature. Not good father and husband material.

Of course the war is damaging your economy! Wars aren't free, you know. Someone has to pay for the personnel, the armaments, transport, fighter jets, yadda, yadda. Britain's economy and her status as a major global power were destroyed because of the cost of the Second World War, a war which the Allies won. Of course the citizens of your country are on the hook for this war. Who do you think is paying for the trillions that have already been spent?

The Wall Street debacle is just a case of the sh!t being piled ever higher!

I envision it like a house of cards. The U.S. has had a relatively stable economy that other countries bought into. The worst er crap was when the Countrywide bad loans were being packaged together based on a falsely inflated house value. Those loans were bought by Co. A. Co. A sold to B and then C and then purchased by Country X. As Americans began defaulting on the loans, the House of Cards, she began to fall. I would like to know why the loans keep getting sold. You made the loan, you keep it!

Unlike some, this Democrat strongly believes in more governance over these Wall Street bastards who I betcha are Republicans! (oh I'm kidding, calm down.) Corporate America went through all the BS with Sarbanes-Oxley and the Wall Street idjuts don't even fall under S-O!

What I'd like to know is what the hell Chris Cox (SEC) has been doing for the last month besides sitting around on his thumb?!? The SEC is supposed to be watching Wall Street and he's just sitting around chilling! :eek:

I will tell you why I am voting for McCain, but first I have to say I am a life lonfg Democrat and proud of it,I believe in gun control,a womans right to choose.And in general I think Geaorge Bush and especially Dick Cheny belong in jail. NOT only for starting a war with false information but carrying out the war so incompetantly that lives were lost.

And Yes our economy is screwed up because of this war.Cheny told us on Meet the Press or one of those shows the oil was going to help pay the War. But because so few troops were sent into Iraq, thanks to Rumsfield the insurgency took off and they blew up the pipe lines,.

SOOOOOOO

with that said why would I vote for Mccain because one word EXPERIENCE

McCain is a really good person I have followed his career for years.

And people seem to forget we are in a war we need a man who has the Militaries respect and is not going to learn on the job. The country is so wrapped up in the economy and what Sarah Palin is wearing that people forget about Bin LAden. Another reason what other politician has fought for causes agaist his own party. Why do you think right wingers like Rush Limbough and company never liked McCain? Because he always did the right thing weather his own Party liked it or not.

I believe the country is caught up in some sort of hysteria because Obama is black and cool,But what has he done.

That is the scarey thing a 2 year senator is going to run the country? Are you kidding me? Thats scarey. and his economy package is crazy.I work my butt off your not going to tax me to give to another that is not Democracy. I never prayed for an election but God help us if Obama wins

I envision it like a house of cards. The U.S. has had a relatively stable economy that other countries bought into. The worst er crap was when the Countrywide bad loans were being packaged together based on a falsely inflated house value. Those loans were bought by Co. A. Co. A sold to B and then C and then purchased by Country X. As Americans began defaulting on the loans, the House of Cards, she began to fall. I would like to know why the loans keep getting sold. You made the loan, you keep it!

Unlike some, this Democrat strongly believes in more governance over these Wall Street bastards who I betcha are Republicans! (oh I'm kidding, calm down.) Corporate America went through all the BS with Sarbanes-Oxley and the Wall Street idjuts don't even fall under S-O!

What I'd like to know is what the hell Chris Cox (SEC) has been doing for the last month besides sitting around on his thumb?!? The SEC is supposed to be watching Wall Street and he's just sitting around chilling! :mellow:

Actually, SnT, you have hit the nail on the head. Globally speaking, economies invest in other economies. This is an activity which transcends national borders. And in the case of the formerly high-flying but now bankrupt Iceland, about a decade or so this country deregulated their banking industry and its banks began practising some of the more creative investment techniques, the ones, you know, which have landed Wall Street in this meltdown.

Canadian banks - which are heavily regulated and as a result are pretty solid - have lost money because they have investments in the United States. This is what the world's economies do: they invest in each other. This is why Canadians, Europeans, Australians, etc are anxious to see that the United States remains healthy.

An interesting and informative magazine on global affairs to read is The Economist.