Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHY are people voting for McCain?

Bisexuality is a sexual orientation characterized by attraction to both men and women. Unlike pansexuality, it does not specifically include people who fall outside the gender binary.

I'm still confused. The term gender in human sexuality generally refers to to which sex a person identifies with, no? So even taking into account transsexuals and hermaphrodites, there's really only two genders (unless a person was totally asexual....and if they were asexual, they probably wouldn't be interested in any kind of a relationship).

In the widespread sociological community, pansexuality is used as a synonym for bisexuality; due to the lack of physical or neurological proof for genders outside the gender binary.

So.....if the sociologists use the terms pansexual / bisexual synonymously, what group of people favor the term "pansexual"?

I can't understand why we don't use fingerprints in our election. Wouldn't that help eliminate voter fraud and keep felons and illegals from voting? They have computers that can read fingerprints.

I agree, that would be great. But the ACLU would be all over that and it would never happen.

You don't have to fear me; I wont hurt you.

But, seeing the quote of mine that you chose to comment on, I can see that You have an issue with what GOD has to say on some campaign issues, so it is HIM that you need to fear, not me. I only go along with Him on what he has to say is right or wrong. I dont make the rules, I just try to live by them and point thewm out to others so that they will have their eyes opened as well.

I'm still confused. The term gender in human sexuality generally refers to to which sex a person identifies with, no? So even taking into account transsexuals and hermaphrodites, there's really only two genders (unless a person was totally asexual....and if they were asexual, they probably wouldn't be interested in any kind of a relationship).

In the widespread sociological community, pansexuality is used as a synonym for bisexuality; due to the lack of physical or neurological proof for genders outside the gender binary.

So.....if the sociologists use the terms pansexual / bisexual synonymously, what group of people favor the term "pansexual"?

Well...There are two genders, and some don't fit in either. It's complicated. So pretty much I just accept whatever someone wants to call themselves (if they feel the need to label at all) Some people are really neither male or female, and sometimes that extends to people that beyond transgenders...it's actually a really big spectrum. And really hard to explain if you haven't seen it. I don't even know where to begin.

A bisexual goes usually would go for a man or a woman...a pansexual goes for a maybe a man, maybe a woman, maybe all the things in between.

Patty, I appreciate the apology. The thing is I don't believe it is a sin. So while I appreciate your tolerance. Saying God would hate the sin and not the sinner still bothers me. But, I would rather have a dissaproving tolerance than someone throwing stones at me and calling me a pervert, so for now I'll take it.

I don't personally believe in the literal translation of the bible. I believe many things were put inside that book to encourage population growth to make a stronger country. I have had too many history classes to believe that men have had no control over what was placed in the bible.

I am who I am. Being gay is not a choice, but for whoever thinks that, well...You have never had to come out, you have never had to struggle with the choice of living miserable and dishonest, or coming to terms and accepting yourself then struggling to get your family and friends to accept you too. ...and your not gay. How would you really know what it's like? You can't. So I don't expect you to understand and I forgive you. Your wrong...but I forgive you, and God does too. It's okay to be wrong. I guess that's my own version of dissaproving tolerance.

Once again, thanks for apologizing that you offended. I know that people don't know the harm they cause with statements like that.

Edited by ReadySteadyGo
I tend to leave out words. It's bad.

I was watching Nat Geo Taboo and discovered that in some cultures there are up to 5 different genders. It was pretty interesting.

You don't have to fear me; I wont hurt you.

But, seeing the quote of mine that you chose to comment on, I can see that You have an issue with what GOD has to say on some campaign issues, so it is HIM that you need to fear, not me. I only go along with Him on what he has to say is right or wrong. I dont make the rules, I just try to live by them and point thewm out to others so that they will have their eyes opened as well.

It seems to me that you use your God as an excuse to indulge yourself in making judgements. There are many, many gay people. That so many gay folk exist must mean something; perhaps they, too, are part of your God's plan.

Up here in Canada, gay folks are allowed to marry. Most of these marriages are civil since most churches do not wish to marry same sex couples. And all couples, same sex or otherwise, who choose to live common-law have the same protections and benefits as legally married couples. The sky has not fallen in as a result.

Thanks for the explanation guys on pansexuality I had left for the night, sorry.

It was very difficult for me to understand in the beginning myself as I thought you were straight or gay or bisexual, trans... etc...so when she announced this a few years ago to me I was like, just pick one, it would make it so much easier for me to deal with. And I'm the open minded one, lol! But I understand it better now. I'm not overly wishy washy about dreaming that both my daughters will come home one day with doctors and say this is my future husband but I think there was a little of that there. I've gotten over it and just hope that one day that they both find a person that they truly love and are happy for the rest of their lives or just be happy with themselves whatever makes them happy. Right now I just want them to finish college and find wonderful jobs!

Take care and this is way far off the "Why are people voting for McCain" but as far as I know gay marriage is not in the cards for either of them. And I know you consitutionalists think that marriage is between a man and a woman and should not be changed but being the mother of a daughter who may want to marry another woman one day I could live with the change!:tongue:

It seems to me that you use your God as an excuse to indulge yourself in making judgements. There are many, many gay people. That so many gay folk exist must mean something; perhaps they, too, are part of your God's plan.

Up here in Canada, gay folks are allowed to marry. Most of these marriages are civil since most churches do not wish to marry same sex couples. And all couples, same sex or otherwise, who choose to live common-law have the same protections and benefits as legally married couples. The sky has not fallen in as a result.

Probably why my daughter wants to go to school in Vancouver!

Civil unions are not marriages. Marriage is: An institution ordained of God for the exchanging of vows and promises between a man and a woman who make this commitment before Him. Since 2 people of the same sex couldn't possibly be saying their vows before God, it is then a civil union.

I say that they couldn't possibly be saying their vows before God for 2 reasons. #1) God does not approve of homosexual marriage.(This can be proven by reading the scripture). YOU (and anyone else who wants to) can approve of it if you like. He gives everyone free will to either follow his ways or go their own way. ( but just remember, He also establishes consequences for every action we take, whether right or wrong) and #2.)If you are gay, you don't have a belief in God, therefore why say vows before Him. If you believed in God, you would also believe what he tells you about the sin of homosexuality, (mainly that it is wrong). If you want to sleep with the same gender, it wouldn't affect me. You're right, the sky wouldn't fall in. Do whatever you wish, just don't call it a marriage or try to change the laws in this country to call it a marriage. Make up your own 'title' for what you want to call it. I thought 'civil union' was ok. Why not keep that?

Also, just because there are many gay people that exist doesn't mean it is part of God's plan.(as you say) Because it is not His plan, any more than it is His plan for someone to be gluttonous, or alcoholic, or to kill unborn babies, or to lie....(the list of the sins in this world can go on and on) But I'm sure you get my point.

My last response to your post is this: I do not use God as an excuse to indulge myself in making judgements on anyone. God alone is the Judge of this world, and He stated very boldly in his book that "There is only one Lawgiver and Judge; the one that is able to save and destroy."(James 4:12) That being said, I choose to go along with what HE says is acceptable or not. I judge noone.

I kind of don't hate McCain. I think he would be a much much better president than our previous one, at least. He's still not getting my vote, but...

I liked him better five years ago.

What do you not like about him? Just curious.

About McCain? I am ticked to no end that he has tried pushing to grant amnesty to all these illegals. Coming from a border state (as I did), he can SEE the devastation they do, the costs they incur, the businesses and hospitals that have been closed because of them. Legalizing them will not lessen the problem. I just have a problem with him not only being okay with illegals, but pushing for rights for them.

Beyond that, I think he's a lot better than Obama, who has never done anything in his life.

I agree, that would be great. But the ACLU would be all over that and it would never happen.

The ACLU would be all over it because they typically support criminals and bad people.

All

Criminal

Liberties

Union

Beyond that, I think he's a lot better than Obama, who has never done anything in his life.

Just because Obama is much younger than McCain and has less experience doesn't mean he won't be a good president. Also because he isn't a war veteran doesn't mean he is any less of a person.:thumbup:

Marriage is: An institution ordained of God for the exchanging of vows and promises between a man and a woman who make this commitment before Him..

i'm actually not going to debate you patty, already done that w/my inlaws (who HAD shared your same beliefs). what helped them evolve in their thinking was when their daughter finally came out as a lesbian. i give them a HARD time, all the time - but even though deep down they may have personal struggles over gay marriage...it IS their wish their daughter can have the same rights as their son. but then again, their son got married to me in vegas - not ordained by "god"....so not sure in your mind we're actually legit either....i just have a thing for tom jones:wink:

not sure which poster said it - but they have determined "why would anyone" choose to be gay, knowing how society could treat them. it's not an easy life, and though i give my fox news emblem scortched into their TV screen inlaws grief - i'm very proud they treat their daughter and her WIFE respectfully.

i get that it's not your cup of tea, or your value system.....but there are worse issues at hand than gay marriage.

Just because Obama is much younger than McCain and has less experience doesn't mean he won't be a good president. Also because he isn't a war veteran doesn't mean he is any less of a person.:thumbup:

I never said he is less of a person. Nor did I mention his age.

He is unqualified. He has done nothing. This is not on-the-job training, yet that's what he will be doing.

I love the commercial:

Would you fly in a plane when the pilot had never flown before? Would you hire a surgeon for your child who had never performed surgery before? Yet many are willing to put a person into the highest job of the land who has done nothing before.