Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slippage.. a personal failure?

Greetings..

The last three months and more I noticed that I was eating more food and sweets and of course I regain 8 kgs. I started a diet and also make a new fill. I informed my doctor about that I was eating more and I was hungry many times and we make a new appoinment for an X-ray with the Fluid who shows if everything ok. The results are that I have a small slippage.. The upper part of my stomach is a little bigger and my band is slipped a few cms... Tomorrow I will go and unfill my band and see if the problem will fixed that way or it needs a reband..

I had to be honest with you, I feel frozen, sad and furius with myself. For many reasons.. for being uncarefull, for eating junk food, for drinking coke, for not trying as the first year.. Since yesterday I am crying and feel like a failure, because I had a beautiful tool who helped me a a lot and I didn't respect it.. the last months I was pushing it to eat a few grams more and now that's the news.. The dontor said that it's at the start and probably everything will be ok with the unfill... Does any of you knows who much times it needs to be unfill? And did you regained weight in that period?

I feel awful.. I know everything will be ok in future but what about now? :rolleyes:

RELAX! Although slips are not extremely common, many times if you unfill the band, and jump back to liquids for a few days, the stomach will slip back into place. This isn't the end of your band.

You can't change the past, but you can affect the future. Consider it a lesson learned, and get on with your life. If we were all perfect we wouldn't need the band in the first place. If it's a small slippage you may be fine after an unfill. Increase your exercise a bit and you may not have any weight gain at all. I know I'm not answering your specific questions, but just wanted to say stop beating yourself up over what is in the past.

I too have let the band and myself down, but I have realized that the band is just a tool and weight lost is a multi-tasked process. My job has me so stressed out and I'm so tired most of the time, I ate the wrong foods out of habit. I need counseling to determine why I sabatoge myself, since I self-paid for this thing! The good news Is we all have a second, third and fourth chance to make things right in the world, so thank God you and I didn't do damage to ourselves! I'm going to get my band refilled (slowly) monitor my food better and slow down my life to benefit from the band and all it has to offer. There is another day- so keep your chin up!

Greetings..

The last three months and more I noticed that I was eating more food and sweets and of course I regain 8 kgs. I started a diet and also make a new fill. I informed my doctor about that I was eating more and I was hungry many times and we make a new appoinment for an X-ray with the Fluid who shows if everything ok. The results are that I have a small slippage.. The upper part of my stomach is a little bigger and my band is slipped a few cms... Tomorrow I will go and unfill my band and see if the problem will fixed that way or it needs a reband..

I had to be honest with you, I feel frozen, sad and furius with myself. For many reasons.. for being uncarefull, for eating junk food, for drinking coke, for not trying as the first year.. Since yesterday I am crying and feel like a failure, because I had a beautiful tool who helped me a a lot and I didn't respect it.. the last months I was pushing it to eat a few grams more and now that's the news.. The dontor said that it's at the start and probably everything will be ok with the unfill... Does any of you knows who much times it needs to be unfill? And did you regained weight in that period?

I feel awful.. I know everything will be ok in future but what about now? :frown:

I'm too, am in tears. I was banded 4 weeks ago and was doing great. Didn't feel any restriction but told that was normal due to not having a fill yet. Last night I woke up feeling uncomfortable and if I had food in my throat. I started eating solids at the end of three weeks and was eating as before the surgery. I'm thinking my band slipped. I'm so scared. I too, was a self pay and I'm so despondent about not being compliant and what if I need surgery again. I'm praying that this is not a slippage but natural feeling???:thumbup: