Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Brody/GW University (Help Needed)

First I want to know if anybody has used Dr. Brody @ George Washington University in Washington DC.:biggrin: I'm seriously considering changing my doctor. Or do you guys think I'm just not being patient. I finished my six month superivised weight mangement on Septmeber 3rd and faxed all my information to the doctors office on Septmeber 4th.:thumbup: It is now Septmeber 15th and my paperwork has not been submitted to my insurance company. :mad:I find myself having to call the office daily for updates and I'm getting no where. One week after sending my paperwork I was told they couldn't make out my lab work and needed a copy of my last physical. WHY did it take a week to ask for this information. I immediatley left my job went to my doctors office got the information needed and faxed it to the office. This was last Tuesday and today still my information has not been sent to the insurance company. I'm being told that they are waiting on the nurse to give the okay. DANG how long does this take. So now I'm just tired of them dragging and I'm considering finding another surgeon. What do you think. Should I be patient and wait or is enough enough. Please provide your thoughts. :tt1::confused::):confused:

Well I have an update on my battle with the Doctors office. I was told by the admin that the paperwork was submitted Tuesday morning, and low and behold as of yesterday the insurance company still had no record. I had to call back and AGAIN :smile2:. Of course she said she sent it but will send it again. I asked her for the fax number she was sending it to and the specfic department, after she gave me the information she said that she would send it AGAIN. :thumbup:. Less than two hours later she called me back and said she sent it AGAIN and provided me with a case number. Guess what.. she had no case number from Tuesday. :smile:. Anyway as of this morning Cigna has my paperwork and my request is being processed.

Tell me:confused: Why did I have to call two weeks straight to make sure the doctors office did what they are suppose to do.

This entire process has been very hard, from all the Nutrition Appointments, Phyc Eval, Physical and whatever else I may have forgot.

But in the long run it is worth it when I can finally join the world of the banded. :smile:

Good grief! I posted a reply to one of your posts in a different thread because we are in the same city (Suitland) and I was also considering Dr. Brody. I'm still in the research stage of this process. I know how I get when I am anxious about something and I definately wouldn't have had the patience to deal with that as well as you did. I think I may keep looking. I hope you get your surgery date soon and everything else goes along smoothly.

Hey,

I understand your frustration, I had my surgery 7/23/08 with Dr. Rickford at Providence Hospital. I understand exactly what you are going through I went through the same thing with my doctor's office. His staff is unprofessional and unreliable. I am going through heck right now just trying to make an appointment for my second fill. After my first fill he told me to make an appointment for 6 weeks I assumed it would be for my second fill, when I tried to do so, the appt scheduler wanted to know if it was a fill or a visit I told her I thought it would be for a second fill she told me she would call me back the next day to let me know for certain, it's been a week I haven't heard from her yet. I'm calling tomorrow because I have no restriction at all and can eat anything even though I don't but since I have the band I would like some help.

Keep on them and it will be worth it in the long run. I know its frustrating.

It's nice to hear from someone in my area.

Edited by SLIM SLY