Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok...Maybe it's just me...GAS IS THE DEVIL. I attribute most of my pain to that little devil, but I've been taking Gas-X and it's working. I have been waking up anywhere from 4-6 am needing a back rub. I'm finding it hard to drink enough Water, and I'm ready to eat! lol I'm sick of all the mushy foods I want to CHEW SOMETHING. I'm not puking or anything like that thank god and I'm able to eat smooth textures not just liquid. My hunger hasn't gone away in my head, but it deiniftely has in my stomach. I feel very optimistic about this, despite all the horror stories on here. Did anyone else have alot of gas? Is it normal? And also this is kind of gross I guess but I haven't gone #2 in 2 days een though I've been eating...what to do? I'm kinda of worried that once my system catches up its going to be a horrible time on the toilet....What do you guys think? Well, I'm getting up on my own now, I slept on my side for a bit this morning and I see myself getting better day by day and I can't wait to start working out.

One suggestion I also received for those who are frustrated with the eating...So weight watchers on top of having your band. My fiance and I are planning on soing it just because it does teach you how to eat properly and you would see results with that even without the band...I don't know we'll see what happens. Thanks anyone who replies!

OMG !!!! I just got on here to see if anybody was "like" me......I am just totally miserable !!!! I am pretty sure it is just gas....but it hurts to sit,,,hurts to walk,,,hurts to breathe, very sharp...now my lower back is hurting as well. I am at work today which makes it very hard.... I can hardly get down my liquid. I have been working on my first 18 oz. Vitamin Water this morning. Still have about 1/3 of it left...and that is soooooo not like me... My shoulders, chest, neck, all that hurts.... I did try some FF pudding and some jello... Very small amounts.... I am just miserable....questioning myself now....which I know I should not do !!!! I know it will get better.....Uhgg.. Lap band on: 9/12/08

Edited by Mom Of Twins
forgot to put my lap band date.

Wow five days out and you can have mushies!!!! lol

I'm 6 days out and I have to do broth and propel Water only for 2 more days. So I had a total of 10 days broth and propel.

I've never had gas before in my life so I don't know if the awful feeling in my back is gas or something else. It feels just like a pulled muscle big time. And my throat feels closed up.

I'm sitting here at work with a heating pad as I type.

And as far as drinking, I was doing fine until today. I can barely drink anything today. I feel this pain in my upper chest when I drink so I just wait awhile and try again.

Edited by speck

Hi All, I was banded on 9/10/08 so that makes me 5 days post op. I am miserable. I have the worst diarrhea that I have ever experienced in my life, I am unable to drink pretty much anything including Water, just the smell of broth makes me want to gag. I do have tons of gas but am moving around a lot and (prepare for grossness ALL!) when the

diarrhea hits, it is very explosive. I've never had anything like this and I've had some bad intestinal things over the yrs. I have called my drs office and am waiting on a call back. I am on day 3 of outputting more than I am inputting and I have a horrible headache, I am dizzy and my temp keps fluctuating. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone.

Heck I'm trying to figure out where the diarrhea is coming from. I have nothing in me besides the Water and broth. No bowel movement either in 6 days. I guess that's ok when you don't have anything in system.

Are you taking your Vitamins? That's probably really important. I do take Calcium, Iron, flintstone, and b-12 with no problem.

I hear ya on the gas pain. I'm now 6 days out and I can say that I started feeling a lot better when I was able to eat some soft food starting yesterday. Had some Chunky Soup and cottage cheese yesterday and a bit of tuna salad today and I feel like a new person. I realize each doctor has a different eating plan but mine was just Clear liquids day before surgery, Clear Liquids day of surgery, cloudy starting the day after and mushies after a few more days.

Gas was pretty bad on day 3 and 4, but not an issue now, I can feel that some swelling went down so I can finally burp easily if needed.

Only real pain I still have is an occasional pain in my shoulder from the gas used to inflate me during surgery, had a twinge of that today.

Will ya'll be so gracious to tell me how the gas feels? Again, I've never had it before so maybe that' s what I am experiencing.

The GAS feels like someone is shooting off fireworks in your stomach and they are being held down to earth by the walls of your stomach. It can move with you or against you. Sometimes it sits and lies in "weight" for you to put a sip of Fluid in your mouth and then launces. Sometimes it's as if it is the grand finali (sp?) that goes on forever. It can make you hurt, feel nauseated, feel like you've just eaten the biggest holiday dinner imaginable or as if you are having a heart attack if the gas gets up into your chest.

I just talked to my drs office and they want me to take Zofran for nausea and keep a bite of popicle in my mouth as much as possible. If that doesn't work.......I'm off to the ER unfortunately and they will call my doc and he'll tell them to give me IV fluids. If I make it thru the night, I am to see him in the a.m. in his office. It just really makes me angry that I was doing so well Post-OP and then this. I was ready to move onto full liquids tomorrow....looking forward to it.....now I'll just be happy if I can keep any liquids down at all. :-(

I also had my surgery on 9-10! And I TOTALLY agree with you about that gas devil! It KILLS! I had my first bowel movement yesterday, however...it started out with me rushing to the bathroom with horrible diarrhea for a few hours..then everything was back to normal-Thank goodness! ....I never thought I would miss chewing so much! Lol! I cant wait until im able to eat "regular" foods again!!

hi everyone,

9-9 was my surgery. here is some good info for you all, thanks to my hubby who is an er medic and combat medic in the national guard.

the pain you are feeling in your chest and back is the actual lapband settling in after the swelling is going down. the band, per my surgeon sits a little on your diaphram when there is swelling.

i have had diarrhea also for a few days, that is because we are only flushing fluids through our body, so there is nothing solid to go through the intestines. once you get on more solids, it will stop. just try and sip and drink often because diarrhea will make you dehydrated.

today i am feeling a little bit weak. so as of yesterday, i had to add some baby food, it helped tremendously

i hope you all feel better! we are doing this for a great reason and we will get through it together!:tt1:

I am glad to hear I am not along. Banded on 9/8 and felt like I had been hit by a truck. I am still fighting gas problems. Today after "lunch", I must of had a gas bubble and thought I was going to have a heart attach. Still having problems with Water intake, but each day is getting better. I got a cookbook from the library Eating well after weigh loss surgery. Can't wait to try some new recipes.< /p>

Hi All,

I was banded on 8-Sept. Everything is going well for me except the gas pain which is still brutal. I have seen some pretty good wieght loss that started with my 2 week pre-op protien shake diet. Then after banding I guess a lot of Water wieght added to that for a total of 21lbs. I think the gas pain is keeping me from getting hungry. Anyway, my Dr. has me on the shakes/broth/yogurt/jello for another week. I can't beleive some of you can eat solid type foods already! I am truly jealous!!

I had my surgery the same day as you and I am having similar symptoms with the gas. I feel like my chest is going to explode at times and there is nothing I can do but wait for it to pass. I have tried gas ex but it only helps a little. Hopefully time will make it better.

Hit by a truck is EXACTLY the way I would describe how I felt.

Just be assured...all of this pain & diarrhea is well worth it once you are past these first few dreadful weeks!

Hang in there everyone.

I am glad to hear I am not along. Banded on 9/8 and felt like I had been hit by a truck. I am still fighting gas problems. Today after "lunch", I must of had a gas bubble and thought I was going to have a heart attach. Still having problems with Water intake, but each day is getting better. I got a cookbook from the library Eating well after weigh loss surgery. Can't wait to try some new recipes.< /div>

I was banded on 9/11 and gas pain is my worst complaint right now too. I keep feeling like I need to burp but it won't come. A little diarrhea, but only about twice a day. According to my doc, I should be able to have mushies on friday but I really want something now!! I started my Protein Shakes yesterday and I can only drink about 3/4 of a cup then the pains start. It feels like the gas pain in my chest, but I think that means I'm full too. This is going to take some getting used to.