Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Human Garbage Disposal

That is what I feel like! I can eat anything! Nothing gets stuck. Is this normal? I am not eating no where my before habits but still I feel like I am just a disposal. I have to wait 8 weeks for a fill and that is not until October 8th. I am sooo afraid of gaining weight but eggs just dont do it for me anymore...I am just starving!

Anyone else experience this?

I am right there with ya! I could eat anything! I am getting full quicker, but still I feel like I am hungry all the time! I have my fill Oct 9th I am so ready!

I'm still swollen from surgery. I'm hungry but only if it's been awhile since I last ate. I have my first fill on the 7th and I'm sure by then I'll be wanting to eat everything in site. Well, I do now but only b/c I just plain want food, not b/c I'm hungry! LOL!

I'm finding that creamy Peanut Butter is holding me over for a really long time! I think it's becoming a staple for me.

My surgeon told me last week to make sure I don't gain ANY weight before he see's me next, on the 7th! UGH! Talk about pressure!

From what I've heard from long-time bandsters is that we're pretty much dieting right now til we start getting our fills and get proper restriction.

Best wishes!!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. If I'm starving I'll have a protien shake (Lord, I know we are sick of those!) but it does help me feel fuller faster.

Thankfully our fills are around the corner. It might take several for us to get good restriction so this could be a recurring event. Just get lots of protien and try to keep your portions under control. This isn't gastric bypass and the results aren't immediate. Your only human.

Hang in there. I can't wait to get to the Dr. and tell him to "fill er up!".

I'm back on regular foods and have no restriction. I won't get my fill until the 6th :tt1:

It is taking absolutely every ounce of my will to keep from eating more than about 1000-1200 calories a day, but I'm darned sure trying. I figure that I've dieted a zillion times and generally didn't truly give up each time until a month or 6 weeks in...so I'm trying to treat this like any other diet and pray that I can hold on until that fill! Add that to the fact that I've not lost much overall, and it's really, really, really, really getting challenging!

Count me into the hungry bunch, and my first fill hasn't made any difference yet. I'm staying within my calorie limit but it's taking a lot more will power than I can sustain. Going for my second fill a week from thursday, fingers crossed!

I was starving again today....need to keep busy...I still only have about 1/2 cup portions but I had a little extra snack (More puree fruit) during the day! Took a LOT of willpower not to try and find more.

my dietician told me i can have equivalent to 1 cup per meal. as long as it is soft, not hard food, i do not feel hungry, well havent so far, i find lots of salmon and veggies are keeping me satified, then after work i have a Protein Soup, which are tasty, i still lost 700g (1.5lbs) this week, which it has slowed down a lot, but still a loss is better than a gain, i am due for first fill oct, 2. good luck all,

Yeah I think I'll be upping to a cup per meal now! I just didn't feel like 1 cup per main meal until yesterday and today!

My doc said a CD size portion, and that fills me up nicely, it's 3 hours later when I'm hungry again that the problem comes in. I'm trying to eat every 4 hours, but I start getting brownies in my eyes at about 3 hours.

I am right there with all of you. I am 3 weeks post op today. I received my call from my dietician yesterday telling me to go to pureed foods today and I will stay on them for two weeks before going on to semi-soft. She asked me the portion size I am eating - I am supposed to be eating 1/4 - 1/2 cup three times a day - but they want us to eat 1/4 cup. I told her between 1/4 and 1/2 and that I had been having a sugar free pudding cup as one of my meals - she said that is more than 1/2 a cup. I said oh well, I can't survive on less than 2 cups of food a day - I am hungry all the time. She seemed surprised I was hungry all the time - come on - how could I not be? I was on a 1200 calorie a day pre-op diet and lost 30 lbs - why should I have to be on about 400 calories a day now? I have lost 13 lbs since the surgery, but 10 of that was the first week. I have my first post op appt Oct 6, but not sure if I will get a fill - I will definitely ask for one.

I am not there yet. I am finding my Snacks in between meals is holding me over nicely.

I went for a fill last week and because I am losing 2 lbs+/week they won't fill me.

I was told to call the office when I stop losing. I have 2 cc's in a 15cc band.

Maybe they can get you in a bit earlier.

Gilta

I too can eat alot, and anything goes, well with in reason, but I also have days where i can eat the whole day and then the next i can't eat at all and am just thirsty, so odd...

I can't wait until i get my first fill, then I maybe in trouble...lol

I figure as long as i stay in the calories allowed range, then i can eat what i want right?

if i want to blow it all on a slice of cheesecake...one day and then the next eat normal foods. I don't know, never been really good at telling myself i can't have something then that is all i want, like i could really go for a corndog right now...lol

must need some nitrates or something lol

I found Peanut Butter to be my savior though really helps tide me over, a tablespoon and good to go...

But for me the hardest was giving up my coke, tried some the other day and was not impressed...i even watered it down, and let it go flat...it just hurt my gut. So haven't wanted one since, sure i'll try it again...glutton for punishment...

:)