Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquids only is ROUGH duty!

Hey all, well, my surgery is Thursday and so I'm doing liquids only now in preparation.....wowowow this is HARD work! I started with a Protein Shake this morning, Green tea mid morning and some Imagine brand potato leek Soup. So far so good but I think by end of day I will be a mess. I couldn't get through all day yesterday on liquids so had a small meal around dinnertime.

Thoughts? Advice? Suggestions?

Man oh man am I peeing a lot too! (I know, TMI!)

I'm sure hoping this goes easier after I get banded......woooo little light headed!

Liquids will not be as difficult after surgery as it is before, trust me. I went through exactly what you are going through. I tried liquids for 2 days prior to surgery, not becasue of any pre op diet but because I wanted to see how it will be...well it is not even the same. After surgery, you are swollen and bloated and gassy, food is not really thought of much the first week or so, I had no desire to eat for 2 weeks, liquids was just fine for me...Not to mention something in your brain clicks, and you want to stay on liquids for however long your Dr. orders you too as hard as it may be , you do not want to jeopardize your band during the healing stage. You will be just fine :)

I'm right with you! I've been on liquids for four days now and it's tough. I've been good..I think. I'm allowed lowfat cottage cheese and Soup. I tend to eat more of those things than what is considered a portion. My surgery is next Monday. I'll do what ever it takes.

Cathy

I have to go on liquids for TWO weeks prior to surgery with the last two days being ONLY clear liquids! I am looking forward to it however, because that means I am one step closer to being banded!!!!

M

the last two days being ONLY clear liquids!

Holy crap! I only have one day Clear Liquids only before my surgery! I think I may abuse someone on that day! The Protein shake lasted well with me and maybe if I go home after work and do another (I do half the serving size when I have one) and maybe I can endure. The Soup didn't last long in me at all so I'm a little frantic this afternoon.

Like La Madame, my surgeon ONLY required one day liquids, but I want to be in this mode going into surgery so it's not having to adapt AND deal with post-op.

I am looking forward to it however, because that means I am one step closer to being banded!!!!

Okay, thanks for saying that...I think I needed to hear it put in that perspective!!!

Karen...Increasing your intake may help. You can make yourself full with liquids if you drink a lot. Also, try plain Jello...it will make you feel like you are eating something. Drink plenty of Water and have a Protein shake every couple of hours if you need to. Now is not the time to limit yourself; afterall, you are not banded yet.

Hang in there. Post op is easier. Best of luck to you.

Karen...Increasing your intake may help.

Oh....well that's an idea. I guess I'm already so worried about how much I put in my mouth that you're right, this may be the issue. Good advice DtDtKty! lol, so simple and yet tough for me to grasp.

I'm really getting revved up about my surgery on Thursday!!

Broke down again last night and ate something. Again, yesterday on liquids wasn't required but I wanted to do it. Oh well. Tomorrow is the "must" day on Clear Liquids.< /p>

I am determined to get through today on liquids only.

:hungry:

MAN I'm going to be so happy to have my band so I won't feel this gnawing HUNGER.

Yeeks.

BIG bows of respect to all who have gone before on this successfully!!!!!!