Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm at the end of my rope

I'm almost 3 months post op and have only lost 9lbs since surgery. I've had 2 fills and am scheduled to get my 3rd tomorrow. Even without proper restriction I am still counting calories and working out at least 5 times a week. What is wrong with me? Why can I not lose anything?

The longer time passes the harder it's been to maintain eating right, especially when I'm seeing zero payoff. :smile:

Are you eating ENOUGH? that can slow weight loss almost as much as eating too much.

Then I can't imagine. You should maybe ask your doc for guidance. Since I don't know how tall you are etc I can't guess if that is TOO much food, but I doubt it. Do you have diabetes or hypothyroid? If not, you should be losing and you need professional guidance to figure out why you aren't! Good Luck!

I've asked. He just says I need restriction. I don't have any other medical issues and I'm not eating "easy" foods. I'm eating normal everyday things. I log everything I eat I know exactly where I am yet I'm not losing. :lol:

I'm 5' 8

I was consuming between 600-900 calories daily for the first 1.5 months and of course lost nothing so I upped my calories and still nothing.

I'm almost 3 months post op and have only lost 9lbs since surgery. I've had 2 fills and am scheduled to get my 3rd tomorrow. Even without proper restriction I am still counting calories and working out at least 5 times a week. What is wrong with me? Why can I not lose anything?

The longer time passes the harder it's been to maintain eating right, especially when I'm seeing zero payoff. :lol:

What kind of excersise do you do and for how long? For me if I don't work out at least 45 minutes to an hour 6 days a week I don't see the scale move.

I'm doing a 40 minute interval workout. I switch back and forth between 2 different routines. I bought a watch that actually counts calories by keeping track or your heart rate. I burn at least 400 per workout.

Edited by Rivieramaya05

Are you eating like we're told too...mostly Protein, a little veggie, not much else? If so, do what your doc says and get some restriction. There's more to it that just satiety ... your stomach cues hormones etc. If your surgeon thinks that's what you need, he is likely right. Can't hurt to try, can it? At the least you won't have to deal with hunger!

Riviera, Was the 33 you lost before surgery? I notied your ticker says 33 and your surgery was only in July. That seems like a lot to lose since July. Unless of course, that was all before the surgery.

That's just at 1 pound a week...on the low end of the 1-2 average. Do you retain Water? Are you sore after your workouts? Are your feet and legs puffy at the end of the day? All that could impact your loss.

WOW! You lost 33 lbs in 3 weeks. That's a lot of weight. Your body may just be adjusting. Give it a little more time. I'm sure you will start losing again. I know it must be very frustrating. I would definitely do what your doc says, and get the restriction. I hope it helps. I'm sure it's hard to stay on track when you don't see the scale moving for all your hard work. Hang in there! I think you'll be fine. It's still early. Remember with the band, you do lose much slower.

I would ask too if you've taken your measurements. Often when you are stiking to a plan (as you are)and not losing pounds, you lose inches. Bodies are odd. Are clothes looser? have you measured?

I can not for the life of me figure out how to change the weight on my ticker. Can someone help me Please! :-)