Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whoa Holy Moly

I just ate lunch and man o man am I FULL!! 3oz chicken breast, one cup of salad.... not much, but I think it was the ice tea before lunch that got me! Or was it the two chocolates that I shouldn't have eatten! I dunno, but man oh man, I AM FULL! I DON'T LIKE THIS FEELING. There is a difference between being comfortably full and uncomfortable, i am UNCOMFORTABLE and I did it to myself...How do I avoid this...DUH I know, stop eatting......But what should I be aiming for as far as a meal? One cup???? 3 ounce Protein, 4 ounce veggies??? I think I may be eatting too fast too........geeez louise......just to be able to eat without having to think ya know? Does anyone else feel abnormal?? I feel like I can't go out to eat, can't do this cant do that...and its fustrating. I love my band and I love the weight loss that I have been experiencing but yoooo simidy sam!!!

Okay, thanks for listening!

LATER

hehe, you are so funny. I do feel normal most of the time while eating. It does get frustrating not being able to shove when I want to, but isn't this why I did this? Sloooow down, Nellie. Iced tea on an empty somach should not be an issue. The 2 chocolates you could live without, but still shouldn't be a big issue even after a meal. Welcome to "properly restricted" and congratulations. Puleeze enjoy this, because it was fleeting for me and now I'm begging for it with a fill. I worked so hard to get past this restricted time post-banding, just so I could feel normal again. Pushing and testing my band. Don't fret, take advantage of the restriction, because you WILL be less restricted in the future as you lose some more weight. Don't eat to Uncomfortable. Get full and stop and don't worry about it! You are banded! Lose weight! This is what it's supposed to be like!!! Relax, go with the flow, eat less, you will not shrivel up and blow away. (((hugs)))

eheheh, thanks for listening kathy! i was having a moment. i just got done with dinner and i don't feel nearly as stuffed as i did after lunch. i feel full, which is where i think i wanna be...dont wanna be at the point of stuffed.... i also remembered reading something that when most women have their periods their restriction goes through the roof...well, guess what! it didnt dawn on me after lunch.......there ya go...this is why my restriction probably went hay wire there for lunch. i know i know, i got the band so i would eat less....but there are days ya know!!! the other day i went out shopping and my ritual use to be to stop for lunch at taco bell, and get two beef chalupias and an apple caramel empanada and a large raspberry ice tea! i would eat it and not feel full. just the thought of one chalupia really made me sick...soo i tuffed it out and got on the interstate and came home for a salad. there are days realizing that "you wont shrivle up and blow away" is a hard concept to grab!! this is such a different life style man! it blows my mind!!!!!! i love it...and i have lost almost 40 pounds....but man ohhh man...talk about head trips!!!

thanks again kathy..

ttyl

Remember that uncomfortably full feeling...it's your friend. If you keep it in mind, it will help you to go slower and stop yourself from eating too much...at least some of the time anyway. I hate that feeling too, but it's such a cool thing to be able to get full on such a little amount, don't you think?!

Best of luck to your. Your weight loss is amazing.

Porc, have you had your first fill yet?

We got banded the same day and I'm scheduled July 8th for my first fill. How have you lost 40 lbs!!!! I have only lost 20 :)

I know, I'm pouting, my weight loss will come but I'm just impatient!!

Glad you were able to eat diner without that feeling, it's probally the worst thing about all of this..

Heather,,,,you are soo right about this band being our friend. when i think back to how much i could eat prior to being banded it is SCAREY!!!!! now to see the "salad" that i can eat is almost silly sitting next to the salad i use to be able to eat...and all those Pasta dinners, oh my god, i think they would kill me now!!!! your right too, i do need to learn to eat slower. that has always been a downfall....

Christina...I have all ready had a fill. I had it about two weeks ago...I went to my surgeons office and actually gained a pound .. that ontop of i couldn't stay full. i was eatting like every two to three hours... so he gave me a fill...small one, but it is sooo working!! i dont remember the amount that he filled me to. i had to lose 10 pounds prior to surgery....then i have lost about 28 - 29 since surgery...all together 38-39 pounds, i always round up, sorry....i carry a lot of Water weight, so its been that, plus i have joined curves...so i know that extra exercise has been soo helpful. the liquid phase after surgery really kicked my butt....i lost a lot of weight during that time. plus i have a little one to run after :) if it weren't for him NONE of this would have happened! i probably would be 40 pounds heavier now! he is an awesome kid. dont pout about your weight loss...you are LOOSING and thats the important part. you will find a big difference after your first fill!

all righty guys...stupid work is going to start soon. i can't wait till June 24th! i will be sooo done for the summer! thats the good part about working in a high school! summers off. sucks financially, but with careful planning its okay. this summer i am going to florida to see my dad who hasn't seen me since my surgery!! and i am going to niagra falls maybe with my son and husband just because we love it there....AND I AM GOING TO SEE ROB ZOMBIE! Oh my god i can't wait for that! He is playing in this little club in Poughkeepsie NY....He is going to tear this place APART~I can't wait!!!!!!! I got my outfit all planned out all ready...(if it fits me by then) CAN'T WAIT CANT WAIT CANT WAIT...This club is sooo small too that there isn't a bad seat in the place!