Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone experiencing change of taste/smell?

Weird stuff seems to be happening to me lately. Certain foods that I have loved for years now do NOT smell good or taste good to me. Example, it is my son's birthday and after his party, the pizza was in the fridge and usually the smell doesn't bother me other than make me want to eat it. Well I opened it up to get a Water and it made my stomach turn, same kind, same toppings, etc. Also, with the cake, chocolate filled chocolate cake. I sat there talking with friends while the cake was sitting there and the smell was making me sick, and when it was served, I couldn't do more than a bite or 2, it just wasn't good to me. This kind of thing has been happening for about 2 weeks and there is not one single chance that I could be pregnant, which is a logical thought but is a guaranteed no (tubes are tied and just had my TOM). Is this happening to anyone else?

I find the smell of cooking oil and fried chips to be absolutely stomach turning. I think our tastes do change after we change our diet - sugary things now taste too sweet and I don't miss Coke at all in my occasional scotch drink - mixing it with Water is just fine now.

I am with Fanny on this one, I suppose because of the liver diet salt and sugar are REALLY sensitive to me.It is hard to eat lots of processed foods that I used to love. Which is a real blessing because I don't need them anyway. I also agree with the fried thing it is just to heavy on the stomach now. My one sinful treat is extra crispy french fries, and boy do I have to chew...lol.;)

Oh I wish it would happen to me! No changes have been noted in anything - smell or taste or even desire. Maybe as I continue on this journey that will happen. Perhaps it has something to do with weight gone, or percentage of weight gone or something? (Tap writes this optimistically hoping that it WILL happen to her later)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches