Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 16th surgeries

I have to say the farina, I'm to eat is REAL watery. Not thick stuff. If it doesn't run off the back of a spoon i'm not to put it in my mouth.

I wish I could have a bm. I'd feel better. Any ideas? I've done milk of mag, and benefiber. Nothing yet. I'm really uncomfortable.

teri

I was told prune juice. YUCK, prune juice, but that is what the Nutritionist told me to do. So when I get to full liquid I will get baby food, first stage, fruit and I bought prunes. MMMmm can't wait :girl_hug:

And I was told the same thing, thin thin thin. I can't believe some get "real" food so soon. I will be in liquids for 3 days, full liquid 2 weeks or until I see the Dr. If I don't get in, that could be three weeks. Oh My. Debbie

I get mashed potatoes consistancy as of Tuesday... I so can't wait! OH with gravy or something to thin it.

teri

Well I had my first PB experience. That was awful and scary. I felt like I was having a heart attack or like a brick was in my chest. I had a 1/2 c of oatmeal for Breakfast and it was ok but I think it was too thick. So for lunch I was going to have a piece of fish. I don't know if I didn't chew enough or what the problem was but I took my 2nd bite and my chest got so tight. I had to go to the bathroom and I was afraid to throw up so I gagged a little and got the "slime" and then that must have moved stuff enough that I burped and the feeling went away. Oh I don't want to feel that again. I was asking myself "what the hell have I gotten myself into?" I had a Protein Shake tonight because I'm too afraid to have anything else. I know it's probably a learning process. Becareful and take your time guys.

Denise

Well I had my first PB experience. That was awful and scary. I felt like I was having a heart attack or like a brick was in my chest. I had a 1/2 c of oatmeal for breakfast and it was ok but I think it was too thick. So for lunch I was going to have a piece of fish. I don't know if I didn't chew enough or what the problem was but I took my 2nd bite and my chest got so tight. I had to go to the bathroom and I was afraid to throw up so I gagged a little and got the "slime" and then that must have moved stuff enough that I burped and the feeling went away. Oh I don't want to feel that again. I was asking myself "what the hell have I gotten myself into?" I had a Protein shake tonight because I'm too afraid to have anything else. I know it's probably a learning process. Becareful and take your time guys.

Denise

I can only relay what my Nutritionist told me. Thin and runny to begin with. But thank you for sharing such a scary experience. I think this helped all of us. Debbie

Yeah, everything has to be thin and runny, definately! I will be so scared when we actually get to eat real food! Thank you for sharing your experience Nicey, I get that tight feeling in my chest and cant burp from just drinking cold water! I just have to take it real slow, which is definately a learning experience...

How is everyone healing? Are you all cleared to drive yet? My post op is on Tues so I'm hoping he clears me, my hubby has to go back to work on Thurs and I gotta get kids back and forth to school!

My surgeon allowed me to drive last friday.

I'm having a horrible time with cold liquids this morning. Not that they get stuck or anything, but then my stomach aches. Like I have a big old hole in it.

I got my first fill date in the mail on Saturday. It's October 29th. Not soon enough for me. I think that's the next thing I'm gonna freak out about.

I'll move to mushies tomorrow, but oh am I tempted to bump it up a day! I'm actually starting to feel hungry at times. If I stick to the recommended schedule of eating at 7:00-7:30 am, 12:30- 2:00, and again at 6:30-7:00 I don't get hungry. But it's difficult some days. I thought of moving everything an hour ahead but haven't dared yet. Our usual dinner time is 5:30- 6 pm. Breakfast used to be 6:30-7 am. So that doesn't fit with my new schedule. So the boys are going thru changes.

Ok those that have information, when can we eat a scrammbled egg? I'm so day dreaming of one at this point, and funny thing is I don't like them.

teri

I hear you Teri about those eggs. Last time I would eat egg salad it was soooooooo good. I think that eating all this sugar type food Popsicle, pudding, yogurt, Jello, shakes gets real old real fast. Your body is calling out for something savory, something with Protein, seems egg is the thing.

I just got to say one more time this sept 16 group rocks. We are so darn chatty and this is going to be such a positive thing as we go through this.

I crack up everytime I see all the action that puts us on the top of the forum.

You've got the chat master here.... growing up, I was known as the "chatterbox". LOL

Don't ya'll have to do the whole sugar free puddings, sugar free Jello, sugar free Protein? Man there have been a couple things I've had to add my little sugar free sugar packets to. LOL Not sweet enough.

I thought about trying a soft boiled egg, as I know I can have that now, but the idea of eating a half cooked egg, freaks me out.

Teri

You know Janine, I started out day of surgery at 240. And am also 5'4 1/4 inches tall. So we're pretty close height/weight starting out (this time around). That's cool :rolleyes2: This morning, I'm down to 231.4 pounds. I weigh in twice a week now. Saturdays and wednesdays.

Teri

teri

Amen Janine!! lol I was tired of sweet, chocolaty stuff by Thurs. I have one heck of a time stomaching the Protein Powder. I am sticking with my low carb slim fast for now. I ordered some Protein bullets that have I think 42g protein for 3oz...the flavors are grape, fruit punch and so on. I can't wait until they come in. I did read the same thing Teri about nit absorbing more than 30g of protein at one time. So I am thinking that I am going to have to slit up the 3oz...even easier! :rolleyes2: I will let you guys know how they are once I get them.

2nd time around for me, lost 68 lbs in less then 1 year. never ate 1 sugar free product.

I was considering getting the rny but I was told about the fact that you have to do sugar free because of dumping(body can't process sugar).

Right then and there I knew I was going to do lapband because you don't have to do sugar free. i am probably going to get flamed her but here goes. I just hate to put that artificial sweetener in my body. In fact all this processed Jello and pudding are gross as it is to me.

I think that the doc's push the sugar free to up the results faster on weight loss. However, showing on my original board there were people that did both and pretty much being 18 mts out they all have lost around the same amount and oddly enough most are hanging around 180.

So my huge regret now is that I would have made homemade pudding. I just have been dumping out that Jello pudding yuck!

I'm considered diabetic, so I am pretty well stuck sugar free at the moment. The time will come when I can use real sugar and not freak about it. I agree, in that I worry what these chemicals are doing to my body.

You know that's one of those things that I for one so appreciate you being around for Janine... You've btdt. You know what to expect. I thought about the RNY too, but because I watched my sister going thru loosing massive (330> 89 pounds ) then gaining about 2/3rd of it back, and still gaining. And because of the whole dumping syndrome. Nope no thanks. Besides there are people I want to think I did this on my own. There are a lot of people that don't know. None of their business.

Hugs all

teri

Here is something else I found interesting. When I had my surgery done 2 of the people I encountered had had the RNY. One has been successful the other is gaining rapidly. She said that they are starting to put the lap band on the RNY patients that are regaining.

My Dr said that they really aren't doing the RNY anymore. He said that they haven't done one since they began doing the band...must be the going trend. Much safer also.