Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 16th surgeries

This is my day too, so I'm gonna do this early, as I have a ton of things to do before hand. I have three kids to drop off, and have to be there at 6 am. So it will be a long day.

For this day we have listed, and I'm sorry I miss anyone...

Hopelives124,

Niecey,

terilynn112,

tracey jones,

Janine,

trinidad83,

ANKPTA,

K-Indy,

Brenna's Mama

I hope we all have a wonderful day... and that everything goes smoothly.

Terilynn

Edited by terilynn112
someone not on the main list. :)

My sugery is also on the 16th of September @ 7:30am!! I am so excited, but the nerves are starting to kick in!! Good luck to everyone else with their surgeries!!

Good luck to everyone!!! I thought I would never make it through the pre-op diet. I actually surprised myself on how I managed and I didn't even starve to death ;) . I'm so glad I made it because it will help me after surgery doing the clear liquid thing. I have to be there at 0630 so I have someone picking the kids up and taking them to school. I don't want to worry about whether or not they made the bus. I need to get my prescriptions filled, I forgot about that. I better get my act together ITs TIME!!!

Niecey

Getting ready for Tues also. I will get the call tomorrow about what time my surgery is...I took Mon off work to get things done around the house and get my food ready for the first few days. I hope everyone does well. Good luck everyone. Many prayers sent your way! :smile:

Good Luck to all of you for the 16th. I wish you all the best. I am just a couple days down the road. My prayers will be with you

I'm home also today, although I do have to go out for a bit... dumps and then therapy for my son. Then I'm making pudding, and jellos for me. Oh yea, stopping at the grocery store to grab more milk. That's important in this house (I have two sons that are milkaholics).

teri

My surgery is now 3 and a half hours later than I was originally told. UGH! And I might have to spend the night :tt1:

teri

My arrival time for surgery is 7am. We live about an hour away so we are going to a nearby hotel tonight so we don't have to get up so early. I will give an update as soon as I get back and no longer feel like a zombie! lol Good luck tomorrow everyone!

My surgery is now 3 and a half hours later than I was originally told. UGH! And I might have to spend the night :tt1:

teri

Teri, don't worry, you will do great, We are all there with you, in thought and prayer. Take Care Debbie

Surgery went well. I got there at 0630, surgery started about 0915. I stayed in recovery a little longer than usual because my heart rate keeping falling in the 30s or 40s. After it stabilized I went to xray so they could watch me drink some of that chaulky stuff. The biggest pain was I had to pee before they released me and I couldn't. It took 3 hours and lots of fluids. So of course once I did, I was going all night long. They gave me a breathing appartus and stockings to wear for a few days for blood clots.

Dr. Morton in Nashville was my doc. He really stressed that the Lap Band really works best on solid food. He says have at least 60 grams of Protein per day. And when eating, eat Protein (meat) first then veggies and then fruit. The thought is to get full on the protein first. All things that melt in your mouth (chips, Cookies, ice cream) will only slow the weight loss down because they will slip right through the band like a liquid.

I have a little soreness. I still have pain in my shoulders and neck from the gas but I have my gasx strips. It wasn't as bad as the 2 C-sections I've had. I have today and tomorrow on Clear liquids and then soft food starts for a week and then solids. I don't feel hungry yet. So how did everyone else do? I lost 17 pounds on the pre-op diet too.

Denise

I got there at 10, was called down immediately for the whole preop, getting ready session. It was hurry up and wait. I expected labs to be taken, nope. Was asked if there was a chance I could be pregnant. NOPE, had a hysterectomy. Gowned, and asked a million questions. Then the anesthesiologist came in, and asked the same Million questions. Then announced his student would do my iv. UM>... I'm a hard stick. (probably the most pain I had all day). She tried 2 times. Then after a while the anesthesiologist tried once, got it in, but it wasn't a good one. So they used that to put me out, and then started yet another. Oh and the blood thinning shot. I woke up in the Recovery room. Was there a few minutes, then moved to the post anesthesia care unit. Then found out that even though they didn't think it would be possible, they'd try me at the swollow test. But I had to get up and walk walk walk. So I made 10 laps around their little area. So they called my surgeon and told him that the test would be a breeze for me, and how I'd just walked so many laps. So he started the discharge paperwork. I got out of there about 5:30 pm. I passed obviously the swollow test. And am home :thumbup: I slept flat on my back. Had a little trouble getting up from that this morning. I can start Water again in about 20 minutes, no desire though. I drank my Protein drink already this morning. YUCKY! But it's down.

Well I gotta go say good bye to my oldest son.

teri

Oh and I lost 30 pounds from my first phone call to the group, and surgery date.

Well, I am home. One day post-op and I feel great! I had to arrive at the hospital at 615am and was in the operating room by 730am. I was out of recovery and in my hospital room at 1100am. It wasn't panful at all. I was actually surprised by that. I got my iv removed a couple of hours later and was able to wear my own clothes! Exciting!!! I have had no problem takin in my fluids and walking around. I couldn't wait to get released from the hospital this morning. I was actually doing so well that I was able to walk myself out to my ride. I hope every one elses surgeries went as well as mine!!!! Here is to the first day of the rest of our lives!!

:)